West Holts 2019

BlackHole2006

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Orbital, Wu-Tang Clan and Janelle Monae then? Strong set of headliners.

If that transpires then it's going to take a lot to prise me away from West Holts this year. That's a trio of acts strong enough to headline a lot of festivals outright never mind the third stage at Glastonbury!

OMG!! How did I miss the Wu-Tang being added??!! Oh shit!! 25th anniversary tour with the whole original lineup (minus ODB obviously).

They have had Young Dirty stepping in though which is awesome... hope hes there too. Been dying to see them live for like 25 years haha cant wait. 

Well, the Electric Lady has shows the following week and will play UK shows again (unless her acting career jets off) so missing her wouldn’t be a thang in the face of two headliners that won’t tour that much ever again. Of course, if she’s Friday and the other stages provide no rarities then that’s a big ol’ bonus.

I was thinking and hoping that Janelle would get a Pyramid bump up - she's the sort of live act that can really win over a crowd of people who don't really know her.   The West Holts set and BBC coverage did wonders for her last time.

So happy she's playing though and, like many others here, it would take a LOT to drag me away from this set.

I'm surprised it's been announced so early when she's still got so many Wembley and Castlefield tickets to sell though.

Never heard of Janelle before, gave her a pop and yeah, Ill not be there. Sounds like some sort of 90s pop. 

Looks like Im gonna be soread all over the shop again. Please put her up against Macca so he doesnt clash with Wu Tang and Ill be very happy with that though. 

41 minutes ago, chatty said:

Never heard of Janelle before, gave her a pop and yeah, Ill not be there. Sounds like some sort of 90s pop. 

Looks like Im gonna be soread all over the shop again. Please put her up against Macca so he doesnt clash with Wu Tang and Ill be very happy with that though. 

Check out the clip that Mardy posted in the Emily Interview thread. Wu Tang Clan don't do that.

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not much will drag me away from this.  In fact there's only one thing that even looks likely and he's been dead since 1966.

Ditto. For some reason I thought she was now unlikely to be playing but I've probably remembered that incorrectly... awesome news :D

8 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Where does this leave Hot Chip if we have Orbital, Monae and Wu Tang as WH headliners? JPT perhaps? Other Stage sub?

why are peeps convinced with Orbital?

A week or two back it was all about Hot Chip - and HC have indicated they're playing, and info I had said they were offered a headline slot (might not be correct of course, tho it probably is).

Loving the Janelle news :) , missed her when she played West Holts the last time, can't even remember who i saw. My mate came back raving about her. Seen her since a Brixton, but it's just not the same is it. Can't wait! Would love Jungle to sub her on same day ...... please

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

why are peeps convinced with Orbital?

A week or two back it was all about Hot Chip - and HC have indicated they're playing, and info I had said they were offered a headline slot (might not be correct of course, tho it probably is).

Thought you said you had info they were playing, and it’s the obvious place for them?