West Holts 2019

BlackHole2006

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Well I need a ticket first otherwise Cut Copy into Hot Chip turns into my nightmare ?

Would quite like Cut Copy on the Glade, would they be a little too big for on there? I actually have absolutely no idea how big they are. Apart from a few of us on here, I do not actually know anyone else who likes them.

They seem perfect for The Park to me, like Jagwar Ma. I keep trying to get the "Australian band influenced by early nineties UK dance music" slot going as a thing, stick Confidence Man on the same slot.  I don't think I'm having much success :)

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Playing up to my pernickety persona.

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They seem perfect for The Park to me, like Jagwar Ma. I keep trying to get the "Australian influenced by early nineties UK dance music" slot going as a thing, stick Confidence Man on the same slot.  I don't think I'm having much success :)

I will be happy just to see them mate.

12 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I will be happy just to see them mate.

Me too, but I feel sunshine whenever I hear these acts.  Look at the hand in the air on this (badly shot) video:

They played in 2017 in WG and it was rubbish in comparison.

10 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

There is no way Huarache is dying on my watch. 

We’ve literally spent hours making Xmas gravy today. If that imaginary dream dog had been at our house today he’d have to eat one of the children to survive. (I know which one he’d choose, I reckon...)

47 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They seem perfect for The Park to me, like Jagwar Ma. I keep trying to get the "Australian influenced by early nineties UK dance music" slot going as a thing, stick Confidence Man on the same slot.  I don't think I'm having much success :)

Australian band or solo artist? 

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

We’ve literally spent hours making Xmas gravy today. If that imaginary dream dog had been at our house today he’d have to eat one of the children to survive. (I know which one he’d choose, I reckon...)

Australian band or solo artist? 

Band. Obviously.  Edited original post.

To say that I'd edited a different post.

13 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

06FB607C-624E-4C00-AC83-5B2BFC5AD9D7.jpeg.52c084eda46122ca1d8287917f73a3b8.jpeg

Do you really think Huarache ?? is capable of eating one of your children @Woffy?? 

All I can say is that gravy had better be well good.

I don’t hate animals or anything. But I only like them when they’re on telly. And David Attenborough is teaching me about them. When he dies the animal kingdom is dead to me too.

So yeah. That dog animal looks untrustworthy. Shifty. Like all of them.

The gravy is / will be fucking incredible. Why spend all that time and effort cooking Christmas dinner only to pour fucking Bisto on it? Ludicrous concept.

The gravy is the getting down on your hands and knees and nodding the ball over the line whilst winking at the opposition’s goalie after dribbling round the whole team. 

Edited by Woffy
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Real HJ said:

Does it sound crazy asking for the 1975 to do a set on the west holts? I feel like they'd suit it really well with their various styles, and poppy vibes.

I'm going to sound like a fanboy now but I just love the idea of this happening.

West Holts is not really the place for the 1975 mate.

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

I don’t hate animals or anything. But I only like them when they’re on telly. And David Attenborough is teaching me about them. When he dies the animal kingdom is dead to me too.

So yeah. That dog animal looks untrustworthy. Shifty. Like all of them.

The gravy is / will be fucking incredible. Why spend all that time and effort cooking Christmas dinner only to pour fucking Bisto on it? Ludicrous concept.

The gravy is the getting down on your hands and knees and nodding the ball over the line whilst winking at the opposition’s goalie after dribbling round the whole team. 

What recipe you using for the gravy?

Might just be they wanna play Friday and then enjoy the rest of the festival as punters, pretty sure most of them are there every year aren't they? Would be magic if they played any other day than Macca. Macca on Pyramid and Hot Chip on West Holts would be a magnificent couple of headline sets, one mass sing along and one mass party. 

6 hours ago, shuttlep said:

that would be so good if they did clash with Macca, make the crowd better.

missed the rolling stones for Public Enemy , great decision, me and 1000 scousers loving every minute

Was at PE that night also. Don't regret it for a second 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think Alexis has improved his love vocals since then. They were on fire all through 2015, so any set from then. Like this one:

I just remember being absolutely mesmerised by the Pitchfork set. Absolutely loved it. The 2015 tour was ace. I hope they do a load of smaller venues again early next year. They were fantastic at Gorilla.