West Holts 2019

BlackHole2006

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

That Rosalia album is brilliant; I've had it on repeat for the last few days. A West Holts show from her would be unmissable for me*

*please don't make me eat my own words Glasto HQ

Yep. @CaledonianGonzo mentioned this and I’ve had it on A LOT. 

I’m still hoping (wishful thinking) for Anoushka Shankar to come back too. Plus Hot Chip. A Kuti brother again would be absolute skill. 

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

I’m still hoping (wishful thinking) for Anoushka Shankar to come back too. Plus Hot Chip. A Kuti brother again would be absolute skill. 

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Kamasi Washington please

Ooh yes, ooh yes, if anything like this is going on next year I'm just going to be stuck in WH, and there won't be any complaints from me

(my normal routine is a breakfast Toffee Apple cider at Brothers to start the day anyway, and there's always something uplifting to kick off West Holts - what a time to be alive)

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

That Rosalia album is brilliant; I've had it on repeat for the last few days. A West Holts show from her would be unmissable for me

Going by previous years, there does seem some correlation between bands popping up on a preceding series of Jools then turning up at the fest, doesn't there? Is it just that they both book the 'happening' acts (ie. with new good quality material out)? Or does someone talk to someone, or does someone work for both? Anyway, let's hope that magic works in this case

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, billum said:

Going by previous years, there does seem some correlation between bands popping up on a preceding series of Jools then turning up at the fest, doesn't there? Is it just that they both book the 'happening' acts (ie. with new good quality material out)? Or does someone talk to someone, or does someone work for both? Anyway, let's hope that magic works in this case

Great question... I have often wondered this myself..

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Kamasi Washington please

On 11/12/2018 at 12:41 PM, The Nal said:

Its the West Holts Stage. Not the bedwetters stage. 

Hey Nal. I always love WH, as you never quite know what you're going to get on a Friday afternoon. Folk, Euro pop. Bed wetting awful bands. God only knows ,and haven't had the guide to hand... 

Appreciate your comment above...... But have seen some fantastic groups previously.. 

Dhakrabhacka 

Underworld 

Run the jewels

Hot Chip 

Yeah, these were later in the evening and fab, but for a lazy afternoon I would still stick with my above post. 

Would like to know your thoughts on Friday afternoon? Group /Band. ☺️ 

Odds of Vulfpeck playing? I've only started following them recently so don't really know their touring habits. I also have 0 idea how big they are. Similar slot to Thundercat had in 2017 would be good, I think Joe Dart could provide equally hangover-curing basslines to sort my day out.

Caught fat freddy's drop in brixton last weekend and it was nigh on perfect. They would be a 'kin great west holts headliner if they're in europe next summer (not sure if a new album is on the way but they released a new track recently).

Also I would think anderson paak could be back in europe next summer to support the new album, who would be in with a shout after he nailed west holts last time around. 

edit - v. wishful thinking on reflection ha

Edited by JC-Mo'Fucka
  • Upvote 1