Nine Inch Nails

kingcrawler

Could they maybe do APE? I know they don't really fit the vibe of the rest of the lineup but they're the right kind of size and I guess the three standalone shows on the second weekend don't really need to have crossover appeal.

Still think the likes of Massive Attack, Gorillaz and QOTSA are more likely but thought it could potentially work. Probably just do an arena or two instead.

On 20/11/2017 at 12:19 PM, kingcrawler said:

Not that we'd have got all of them anyway but with NIN, Nick Cave, Bjork, The War on Drugs, QOTSA, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Massive Attack etc all touring early next summer Glastonbury 2018 could have been amazing.

Can add Iggy Pop to that list 

• 7 months later...

I quite enjoyed them at Mad Cool. Apart from the last tune they are all exactly the same pace and his voice does not seem to change. The electronic ones are very Depeche Mode influenced.

I would definitely give them another go after having reservations about them beforehand. 

14 hours ago, eastynh said:

I quite enjoyed them at Mad Cool. Apart from the last tune they are all exactly the same pace and his voice does not seem to change. The electronic ones are very Depeche Mode influenced.

I would definitely give them another go after having reservations about them beforehand. 

Pretty sure Trent Reznor has said Depeche Mode are his biggest inspiration, and the reason he started the band.

52 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Pretty sure Trent Reznor has said Depeche Mode are his biggest inspiration, and the reason he started the band.

Yup.

“It was summer of ’86. I’d dropped out of college and was living in Cleveland trying to find my way in the local music scene. I knew where I wanted to go with my life, but I didn’t know how to get there. DM was one of our favorite bands and the Black Celebration record took my love for them to a new level.

I’ve thought about that night a lot over the years. It was a perfect summer night and I was in exactly the right place I was supposed to be. The music, the energy, the audience, the connection… It was spiritual and truly magic, I left that show grateful, humbled, energized, focused and in awe of how powerful and transformative music can be… and I started writing what would eventually become Pretty Hate Machine.

Many times, particularly when we’re playing an amphitheater, I’ll think of that show while I’m onstage and hope someone in the audience is in the midst of a perfect summer night feeling how DM made me feel so many years ago". 

17 hours ago, The Nal said:

Yup.

“It was summer of ’86. I’d dropped out of college and was living in Cleveland trying to find my way in the local music scene. I knew where I wanted to go with my life, but I didn’t know how to get there. DM was one of our favorite bands and the Black Celebration record took my love for them to a new level.

I’ve thought about that night a lot over the years. It was a perfect summer night and I was in exactly the right place I was supposed to be. The music, the energy, the audience, the connection… It was spiritual and truly magic, I left that show grateful, humbled, energized, focused and in awe of how powerful and transformative music can be… and I started writing what would eventually become Pretty Hate Machine.

Many times, particularly when we’re playing an amphitheater, I’ll think of that show while I’m onstage and hope someone in the audience is in the midst of a perfect summer night feeling how DM made me feel so many years ago". 

Well it was the perfect summer night for me last Saturday and I will never forget it ?