Nine Inch Nails

kingcrawler

The Reading show was so so so great! I remember pretty much everyone agreeing they should have had a headline slot that year. Smashing Pumpkins after were really good too, but NIN edged it for me.

I absolutely loved Year Zero, but nothing's really grabbed me since. Ghosts and The Slip sounded self indulgent - kinda lost what I loved most in them/him. Haven't had such a hard fall in adoration since Post-Songs for the Deaf Queens of the Stone Age!! This new material sounds like it could change my mind, fingers crossed.

Edited by fowls

2 hours ago, whisty said:

The only band that I'd pay arena prices to see, we can hope.

Saw them twice on the last tour due to a happy accident. Absolutely phenomenal live band. Here's hoping they bring their full tour with all the bells and whistles to the UK soon.

This thread gives me the goosebumps!!!!

EP out tomorrow!

Lets hope Trent and co do a serious 2018 tour that finishes on the last weekend of June 2019! 

Its got to happen!!!!

such a shame that they're criminally underrated in the general public, or I'd be calling for a Pyramid headline set! 

6 hours ago, fowls said:

The Reading show was so so so great! I remember pretty much everyone agreeing they should have had a headline slot that year. Smashing Pumpkins after were really good too, but NIN edged it for me.

I absolutely loved Year Zero, but nothing's really grabbed me since. Ghosts and The Slip sounded self indulgent - kinda lost what I loved most in them/him. Haven't had such a hard fall in adoration since Post-Songs for the Deaf Queens of the Stone Age!! This new material sounds like it could change my mind, fingers crossed.

Yeah, NIN into Pumpkins was great 

Had my biggest ever festival hangover next day,My mate drove home but I was unable to even get in the car as a passenger til about 2pm ,ha ha.,what a state!

16 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

This is one of my favourite early festival moments

Yeah saw them at Leeds that year. In all honesty didn't know too much about them, but came away loving them. Their '09 O2 show with Jane's Addiction  was ridiculously good as well.

1 hour ago, tjamest said:

Yeah saw them at Leeds that year. In all honesty didn't know too much about them, but came away loving them. Their '09 O2 show with Jane's Addiction  was ridiculously good as well.

That NIN/JA gig was awesome, especially when Gary Numan came out and they did Cars. They had Mew as support as well and goes down as one of my favourite gigs ever.

Another favourite NIN gig was the one a few years ago they did at the Scala. Now THAT was busy!

That evening was also amplified by my mate realising his cousin was behind the bar (only realised on the Sunday unfortunately). If we went to him he only charged us for 1 pint no matter how many we bought - he had to put something through the till otherwise it would have been obvious. There were 4/5 of us in the round so it worked out at about £1 a pint. This was perfect for NIN but I was probably a bit past my best for Smashing Pumpkins.

New EP is ace. Less Than is an absolute banger. Usually when acts release a stretch of EPs like this I'm left thinking 'why not just release them together as an album?' but I think Trent was right to make these all separate releases, and hope the end game isn't to just Pixies it and lump them together as an album.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

New EP is ace. Less Than is an absolute banger. Usually when acts release a stretch of EPs like this I'm left thinking 'why not just release them together as an album?' but I think Trent was right to make these all separate releases, and hope the end game isn't to just Pixies it and lump them together as an album.

I reckon these could end up sitting together as nicely as they stand alone though. Like Beta Band or Robyn did.

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Not that we'd have got all of them anyway but with NIN, Nick Cave, Bjork, The War on Drugs, QOTSA, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Massive Attack etc all touring early next summer Glastonbury 2018 could have been amazing.

We’d have had them all and more probably. David Byrne! Too many clashes so it’s just as well it got sacked off.