Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

DAY BY DAY LINE UP

With just over two months to go the bill keeps growing for FIB Benicàssim 2018 and we’re excited to announce the day splits for the four-day festival as well as the addition of Chase & Status Live, Giggs, The Horrors, Oscar & The Wolf and more amazing acts to the already jampacked bill. They join previously announced The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Travis Scott, Pet Shop Boys, Two Door Cinema Club, Justice, The Vaccines, Madness and more at FIB Benicàssim, which takes place on July 19-22nd in Benicàssim, Spain.

THURSDAY: TRAVIS SCOTT, TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB, J HUS...

Opening FIB 2018, US hip hop superstar Travis Scottheadlines with his incendiary live show, supported by the giant indie rockers Two Door Cinema Club.

Elsewhere there’s more UK/US hip hop vibes from J Husand Princess Nokia and sets from Everything Everythingand Tune-Yards. Plus rock anthems from Nothing But Thieves, Jessie Ware on a pop tip, electronica from Cashmere Cat and Sofi Tukker, and amongst the great new bands for 2018 Pale Waves and The Magic Gang.

FRIDAY: THE KILLERS, THE VACCINES, RAG'N'BONE MAN..

One of the world’s biggest bands The Killers headline Benicàssim on the Friday night. Expect a stunning live show packed with anthems Mr Brightside, The Man, Somebody Told Me and more.

Also on the Friday, Indie big hitters The Vaccines and Catfish & The Bottlemen, an incredible live DJ set from Eric Prydz, urban blues from Rag'N'Bone Man, abrasive  hip hip/punk from Sleaford Mods and timeless indie-disco from The Charlatans. Check out singer songwriters Anna Calvi, Juanita Stein and Joana Serrat & The Great Canonyers.

SATURDAY: PET SHOP BOYS, CHASE & STATUS LIVE, THE KOOKS...

The most successful duo in UK pop history, Saturday’s headliner Pet Shop Boys  have a staggering 42 Top 40 hits to choose from in a show that will have you singing along to West End Girls, Go West and It’s a Sin.

Drum & Bass legends Chase and Status Live bring an explosive closing show to the main stage, alongside Scottish national treasures Belle & Sebastian, Brighton’s guitar-slingers The Kooks and The Horrors. On the rap front there’s a Benicassim debut from superstar UK rapper Giggs, and Washington DC’s Odissee & Good Compny, alongside electropop from Metronomy, Monarchy and Belgium’s Oscar & The Wolf.

SUNDAY: LIAM GALLAGHER, JUSTICE, BASTILLE, MADNESS...

Liam Gallagher rounds off a phenomenal year with a Benicassim headline show. Attitude and anthems, the hits from his #1 album “As You Were” and Oasis classics will have you singing into the night.

Also, there’s catchy electro indie pop from Bastille, the rocksteady sound of Madness, powerful live rock from Wolf Alice and Shame, wonderful weirdness from King Khan and the Shrines and garage rock from Spain’s The Parrots and Los Nastys.

The mighty Justice bring the festival main stage to a close.

1 minute ago, CJTM said:

Booking early bird tickets 

IMG_4543.GIF

I'm not regretting my £95 early bird ticket in the slightest.  I'm paying £75 to see Noel Gallagher, plus 1 x still unnamed support act in London in July, in comparison.  It's a right bargain IMO, and there's at least half a dozen acts each night I'm looking forward to seeing.  Quite looking forward to the idea that it's going to be quieter on-site each night, so quicker queues for bar, etc., and get a better/closer position to the stages.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, andytommo said:

I'm not regretting my £95 early bird ticket in the slightest.  I'm paying £75 to see Noel Gallagher, plus 1 x still unnamed support act in London in July, in comparison.  It's a right bargain IMO, and there's at least half a dozen acts each night I'm looking forward to seeing.  Quite looking forward to the idea that it's going to be quieter on-site each night, so quicker queues for bar, etc., and get a better/closer position to the stages.

Can the booking team do no wrong in your eyes? I look at the lineup compared to my first one in 2013.

It is a shadow of its former self. I do agree about the bar/person ratio being better, saying that I've always found FIB to be good in that department anyway.

4 minutes ago, andytommo said:

ONLY THE TOAD HAS MAGIC POWERS AND EVEN I CAN'T POLISH A TURD.

CrrrrrrrrOAK OUT

6 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Worst / best day?

Thursday worst but still have 2 door , everything everything , tune yards and nothing but thieves .

and the other 3 all have bands on I love so happy days 

The Snuts also added, upcoming Scottish band who are CLASS!! Buzzing with that. Friday definitely the best day, hoping Snuts, Sleaford, Charlatans, Vaccines and Catfish don’t clash. Then Killers followed by Prydz won’t be too bad either! Our flight on the Thursdays been changed a bit later so hoping Two Door are on 10pm or later as they’re only ones I’m fussed about on the thurs. Line up was never gonna beat last years but like you say for £100 you can’t complain in the slightest. See you down the front ?

3 minutes ago, jack12895 said:

The Snuts also added, upcoming Scottish band who are CLASS!! Buzzing with that. Friday definitely the best day, hoping Snuts, Sleaford, Charlatans, Vaccines and Catfish don’t clash. Then Killers followed by Prydz won’t be too bad either! Our flight on the Thursdays been changed a bit later so hoping Two Door are on 10pm or later as they’re only ones I’m fussed about on the thurs. Line up was never gonna beat last years but like you say for £100 you can’t complain in the slightest. See you down the front ?

My pals played with them at Kendal last sumemr said they're good, heard good things so gonna check them out.

think Beni know the Scots have a good following so will try to get some of them booked.

biffy & view last year etc

6 minutes ago, CJTM said:

My pals played with them at Kendal last sumemr said they're good, heard good things so gonna check them out.

think Beni know the Scots have a good following so will try to get some of them booked.

biffy & view last year etc

Another two Scottish bands Shambolics and Vida worth looking at aswell mate

27 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Can the booking team do no wrong in your eyes? I look at the lineup compared to my first one in 2013.

It is a shadow of its former self. I do agree about the bar/person ratio being better, saying that I've always found FIB to be good in that department anyway.

I'm disappointed with the headliners, although the Killers still remain the best band I've seen at Benicassim over the past 7 years.  I still don't think that Travis Scott or Liam are worthy of that status, but could have lived with one of the two, or them both sharing headline, freeing up an extra night to bring another BIG headliner in.  Also still somewhat surprised by PSB, but I shall go along and enjoy it.  From the rest of the line up, Two Door Cinema Club, Everything Everything, The Vaccines, Catfish, Charlatans, Belle & Sebastian, Horrors, Wolf Alice, Shame, and The Parrots are all bands I've paid to see headline their own shows in Birmingham/Wolverhampton, over the past 18-24 months, and I look forward to seeing them again.  In addition to that, I'm looking forward to catching Tune-Yards (who have released my AotY so far), Magic Gang (who I purposely avoided seeing at the Institute last month as they were on the FIB bill), Rag N Bone Man, Sleaford Mods, J-Hus, Metronomy, Juanita Stein, Madness, and Bodega.  And I know already that two of my weekend highlights are likely to be the Justice & C&S late night shows on the main stage. So for £95, I certainly don't have any complaints, and can live with the weak headliners, when there's so much on the undercard that I'm looking forward to.  Maybe they just got it right for me this year, and not you, as there's equally as much I want to see this time around, against what I wanted to catch last year.  Sorry for you if it doesn't float your boat. 

12 minutes ago, andytommo said:

I like the Shambolics. Need them to start playing away from Scotland more though, so we can all enjoy them!!!!

They’ve had a rapid rise I think they will start to get even bigger mate. The lead singer Forbes I actually booked through twitter to support Nick Mercer (Sergeant) to play in my local pub about 4 years ago for a smoker for my football team, madness! Think Forbes took £20 and Nick £250

30 minutes ago, andytommo said:

I'm disappointed with the headliners, although the Killers still remain the best band I've seen at Benicassim over the past 7 years.  I still don't think that Travis Scott or Liam are worthy of that status, but could have lived with one of the two, or them both sharing headline, freeing up an extra night to bring another BIG headliner in.  Also still somewhat surprised by PSB, but I shall go along and enjoy it.  From the rest of the line up, Two Door Cinema Club, Everything Everything, The Vaccines, Catfish, Charlatans, Belle & Sebastian, Horrors, Wolf Alice, Shame, and The Parrots are all bands I've paid to see headline their own shows in Birmingham/Wolverhampton, over the past 18-24 months, and I look forward to seeing them again.  In addition to that, I'm looking forward to catching Tune-Yards (who have released my AotY so far), Magic Gang (who I purposely avoided seeing at the Institute last month as they were on the FIB bill), Rag N Bone Man, Sleaford Mods, J-Hus, Metronomy, Juanita Stein, Madness, and Bodega.  And I know already that two of my weekend highlights are likely to be the Justice & C&S late night shows on the main stage. So for £95, I certainly don't have any complaints, and can live with the weak headliners, when there's so much on the undercard that I'm looking forward to.  Maybe they just got it right for me this year, and not you, as there's equally as much I want to see this time around, against what I wanted to catch last year.  Sorry for you if it doesn't float your boat. 

I kind of go along with most of the above, not blown away by any one band but there is enough there to keep me happy-ish.. 

The line up is allover the place to be honest, there must be something there for everyone, it just looks a bit thin when spread out over 4 days, would have made a v good 2 day festival!

2 hours ago, thelemon said:

Anyone able to put together a clashfinder based on that? Even just a rough one?

I don’t think for the life of me, this is at all accurate, but at least the right acts are appearing on the right days now. Some of it will be corrrect, but until we have the stage splits/set times confirmed, take it with a big pinch (rock) of salt;

https:///s/fib2018/

(p.s. it’s definitely work in progress, as Magic Gang are on before Magic Gang!!!)

Edited by andytommo

1 hour ago, andytommo said:

I don’t think for the life of me, this is at all accurate, but at least the right acts are appearing on the right days now. Some of it will be corrrect, but until we have the stage splits/set times confirmed, take it with a big pinch (rock) of salt;

https:///s/fib2018/

(p.s. it’s definitely work in progress, as Magic Gang are on before Magic Gang!!!)

Yeah the two hour metronomy set as well is laughable