Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

2 hours ago, AlexFL said:

Take into account that it is small sized festival of British music in Moscow. Ticket price is about 11-12 Euro.

Would like to see Ashcroft as a sub for Liam on Sunday.

I went to this in 2014, having been given free tickets as part of a sports tour.  Bombay Bicycle Club and Elbow played and it was both small and sparsely populated - you could walk from the entrance to about 4 people back (during headliner) on the main stage in 2 or 3 mins. The idea of Wolf Alice and Biffy playing there seems crazy. 

34 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

I went to this in 2014, having been given free tickets as part of a sports tour.  Bombay Bicycle Club and Elbow played and it was both small and sparsely populated - you could walk from the entrance to about 4 people back (during headliner) on the main stage in 2 or 3 mins. The idea of Wolf Alice and Biffy playing there seems crazy. 

The venue has a small club capacity, around 5 000 people.
Probably the biggest band played there was The Libertines in 2015.

4 hours ago, gedkelly said:

its like everyone is losing interest

Not surprising really, updates are few and far between and the line up is as weak as I’ve known it so far since I started going. 

Still can’t wait though :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

Not surprising really, updates are few and far between and the line up is as weak as I’ve known it so far since I started going. 

Still can’t wait though :rolleyes:

Not a fan of PSB , Killers or Travis Scot but like or would like to see a lot of the other names it’s just the lack of news that pisses me off . 

14 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

Not a fan of PSB , Killers or Travis Scot but like or would like to see a lot of the other names it’s just the lack of news that pisses me off . 

Not had 1 reply from fib this year...you got any replies pal..at least i used to get a "soon" every now and then!

2 hours ago, gedkelly said:

Numbers are gonna be way, way down on last year, but that will lead to shorter queues at the entrance, bars, loos, food, etc, so happy days!!! And they’ve not even got the biggest headliner playing on the Sat night, which is a rarity for FIB. There’ll still be 25k-30k in each day, so enough for a decent atmosphere, without carnage down the front. Line up can only get better than it is now, and I’m liking how it’s shaped up already.

So a few of our friends have dropped out! 

We have three tickets with camping and then two double glamping easy tent deluxe tickets for sale!

We really need to get rid of them and all we're asking for is face value, so please get in touch if you know anyone that wants them!

If this is posted on the wrong thread, sorry, I couldn't find a tickets thread but I'm happy to move it if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks! x

3 hours ago, gedkelly said:

just read the review of Wombats Ally Pally gig , would love to see them !

They're free that weekend, aren't playing any other Spanish festivals this summer, and on the Reading/Leeds bill (same owners as FIB), so there still is a possibility Ged.

20 hours ago, andytommo said:

They're free that weekend, aren't playing any other Spanish festivals this summer, and on the Reading/Leeds bill (same owners as FIB), so there still is a possibility Ged.

I've seen them twice this month - they're incredible. Would LOVE them to get added, along with Blossoms!

I remember checking the official Twitter account a couple of weeks before the last lineup announcement and they'd followed a load of new bands on there. Checked again a few days after and they'd all gone, thought I was going mad but I can't seem to find any similar fan accounts or anything following the same chunk.

Most of those bands ended up being on the lineup anyway, though one I remember being in that list that weren't in the last announcement was James. No idea if I'm going insane or if it's legit but they've just announced new music today.

EDIT: Just checked and they're already following James, from ages ago too. I must be going mad.

In all seriousness there must be a few British bands as yet unannounced with a semi-decent chance of playing. New music from James as mentioned, The Fratellis, The Wombats, etc.

Edited by EamerRed

On 03/04/2018 at 4:18 PM, EamerRed said:

I remember checking the official Twitter account a couple of weeks before the last lineup announcement and they'd followed a load of new bands on there. Checked again a few days after and they'd all gone, thought I was going mad but I can't seem to find any similar fan accounts or anything following the same chunk.

Most of those bands ended up being on the lineup anyway, though one I remember being in that list that weren't in the last announcement was James. No idea if I'm going insane or if it's legit but they've just announced new music today.

EDIT: Just checked and they're already following James, from ages ago too. I must be going mad.

In all seriousness there must be a few British bands as yet unannounced with a semi-decent chance of playing. New music from James as mentioned, The Fratellis, The Wombats, etc.

James are playing BBK the week before Beni, I think, so unlikely they will also play FIB, but maybe they'll be one of the rare bands that end up doing both.  Probably one of my favourite ever live bands, and as it stands, I'm currently not seeing them this year, so would be delighted if they got added to the line up.  They do have a free weekend, so it appears, from 19th to 22nd July.  Bizarrely, they did a ridiculous spot last time they played FIB, appearing at 8pm on the first night (Thu), but they are so much better than that!!!  Fingers crossed, eh?

• Like 1