Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

Before going thought the line up was poor but turned out to be the best year yet. What a bloody weekend.

Seen TDCC, Catfish, Vaccines, Killers, Snuts, Prydz, The Kooks, Pet Shop Boys, Chase and Status, Madness, Bastille, Liam G and amazingly for the first time in 3 years spent hours at South Beach. 

Roll on the 25th Anni!

Surely got to be some big ones for that? The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Chemical Brothers for me?

First time goer this year. As a festival overall, it is amazing. Never seen such a well run festival in all my days, between shuttle bus, queues, ease of access to all stages, toilets, food etc.

• Drinks so easy to get, once tokens are purchased and bar the first night there was never really any queues for this either. spirits were a nice pour too, sometimes. 
  • Toilets same, never any queues and the toilet roll people were so handy. Even better was the 'pissing wall' for lads. So handy. Also, a very useful feature was the unisex toilets - easy for couples/groups so that they can go together and not get split up
  • Food was decent quality to be fair too. Nothing bad anyways that I, or my group ate. 
  • Never really any trouble, saw one lad pretty banged up but you'll have that eventually in such a massive group. 
  • Generally laid back chilled type of vibe around the ground, with a nice age group too. 
  • The Saturday crowd was massive, and you could tell a lot of locals came in that night, and probably the most 'dodgy' crowd of the weekend too, without trying to sound racist. 
  • Shuttle bus to Marina d'Or was fairly run too. The earlier you went to the festival site, the sooner you got there. Once a bus was full, off it went. If you left it later in the evening to go, there was more chance you were waiting for a bus to arrive. 
  • Some really nice chill out areas and can eat / drink in peace and see a band in the background
  • OMG the red dust!!! where does it come from?! 

I think this is the complete list of people I saw;

• JHus
  • TDCC
  • Pale Waves
  • Friend Within 
  • Catfish
  • Vaccines
  • Killers (fairly out of it tho haha, remember a good bit but not all)
  • Eric Prydz
  • Kooks (missed the first 3/4 songs)
  • Pet Shop Boys
  • Chase & Status
  • Wolf Alice (only half sadly as the gf wanted to meet the rest of our group at Bastille)
  • Bastille
  • Liam Gallagher
  • couple of random DJs in the tent / South Beach over the weekend. 

Nice few there, was disappointed to miss Madness as we were delayed coming in from Marina d'Or but generally can be quiet happy. Some great surprises like Pet Shop Boys, who to me, seemed to blow the crowd away. Pale Waves were class in the tent and The Vaccines were act of the weekend for me.

For a supposed 'poor' lineup, I still saw a lot of top quality acts and in general, my group had an excellent time at the festival site. 

1000% would recommend this festival, even if the town is hard to get to. 

Sorry to finish on a sour note, but would never recommend anyone stay in Marina d'Or.

• They HATE, and I mean HATE English speaking people during the festival. 
  • The '6' people rooms fit 4 at best (luckily we had 3 rooms for 11 people but originally booked for 14 people)
  • Extremely rude staff who makes things very difficult for check-in, have hidden deposits which must be collected from a different hotel over 3 miles away. 
  • Secutiy ban all drink, food, snacks from the pool side area and ball games, inflatables, jumping in the pool is banned. Thrown out for doing any of these. 
  • Reception refusing to call a taxi for us. But no taxis in the area in general too.
  • No cleaning service & no clean towels given. (8 big towels for the whole apt for 5 days.)
  • Very poor quality amienities around the blocks of apartments that all look the exact same. Some day a place would serve us all food and the next ignore us, or say the kitchen was closed randomly or that they had no plates. 
  • Ignore the Irish Bar in Marina d'Or like the plague.  I feel ashamed to have the word Irish in the title of the place. 
  • literally the only thing that is good about the place is the beach & shuttle bus location

Edited by fitz_xoxo

2 minutes ago, fitz_xoxo said:

First time goer this year. As a festival overall, it is amazing. Never seen such a well run festival in all my days, between shuttle bus, queues, ease of access to all stages, toilets, food etc.

Drinks so easy to get, once tokens are purchased and bar the first night there was never really any queues for this either. spirits were a nice pour too, sometimes. 
Toilets same, never any queues and the toilet roll people were so handy. Even better was the 'pissing wall' for lads. So handy. Also, a very useful feature was the unisex toilets - easy for couples/groups so that they can go together and not get split up
Food was decent quality to be fair too. Nothing bad anyways that I, or my group ate. 
Never really any trouble, saw one lad pretty banged up but you'll have that eventually in such a massive group. 
Generally laid back chilled type of vibe around the ground, with a nice age group too. 
The Saturday crowd was massive, and you could tell a lot of locals came in that night, and probably the most 'dodgy' crowd of the weekend too, without trying to sound racist. 
Shuttle bus to Marina d'Or was fairly run too. The earlier you went to the festival site, the sooner you got there. Once a bus was full, off it went. If you left it later in the evening to go, there was more chance you were waiting for a bus to arrive. 

I think this is the complete list of people I saw;

JHus
TDCC
Pale Waves
Friend Within 
Catfish
Vaccines
Killers (fairly out of it tho haha, remember a good bit but not all)
Eric Prydz
Kooks (missed the first 3/4 songs)
Pet Shop Boys
Chase & Status
Wolf Alice (only half sadly as the gf wanted to meet the rest of our group at Bastille)
Bastille
Liam Gallagher
couple of random DJs in the tent / South Beach over the weekend. 

Nice few there, was disappointed to miss Madness as we were delayed coming in from Marina d'Or but generally can be quiet happy. Some great surprises like Pet Shop Boys, who to me, seemed to blow the crowd away. Pale Waves were class in the tent and The Vaccines were act of the weekend for me.

1000% would recommend this festival, even if the town is hard to get to. 

Sorry to finish on a sour note, but would never recommend anyone stay in Marina d'Or. They HATE, and I mean HATE English speaking people during the festival. 
The '6' people rooms fit 4 at best (luckily we had 3 rooms for 11 people but originally booked for 14 people)
Extremely rude staff who makes things very difficult for check-in, have hidden deposits which must be collected from a different hotel over 3 miles away. 
Secutiy ban all drink, food, snacks from the pool side area and ball games, inflatables, jumping in the pool is banned. Thrown out for doing any of these. 
Reception refusing to call a taxi for us. But no taxis in the area in general too
Very poor quality amienities around the blocks of apartments that all look the exact same. Some day a place would serve us all food and the next ignore us, or say the kitchen was closed randomly or that they had no plates. 
Ignore the Irish Bar in Marina d'Or like the plague.  I feel ashamed to have the word Irish in the title of the place. 

I feel sorry for you mate, we stayed in campfest and had the absolute best time ever - it was a proper laugh and everyone there was so so so sound!

1 hour ago, DRH0503 said:

I feel sorry for you mate, we stayed in campfest and had the absolute best time ever - it was a proper laugh and everyone there was so so so sound!

We have stayed in Hotel Del Golf Playa Castellon 3 years in a row, can't recommend enough! Only downside is it's the last hotel on the route so takes an hour or so to get home.

6 hours ago, DRH0503 said:

Ah don't worry about it! Not letting the apartment situation over shadow the festival itself, which was amazing. 

My camping days are over and to be honest with such a big group I was in with varying ages etc it wasn't an option. 

Was my first time at the festival and must say i was very impressed. I traveled on my own but the chilled out environment in the campsite made it so easy to get to know the people camped near me

The buses into the townare great and so well organised and even the way they have barriersalong the road to seperate people who are walking from the traffic is great i walked into town a few times

The arena is well setup with onlyshort distance between all stages which made it easy to move between them after bands finished etc meqnt i could catch parts of sets of some actsafter others finished (last bit of sofi tuckker after pale waves). Good choice of food options in the arena and once i got used to the tokens systen didnt have to wait long to get a drink at any bar

For me personally the lineup was good alot of bands i wanted to seeover the weekend and managed to catch the majority of them. Highlights of the weekend for me where 

The Petshop boys

The killers

Liam gallagher 

Catfish and the bottlemen 

Pale waves

The magic gang

Eric prydz

Justice

Chase and status 

Two door cinema club (been 8+years since id seen them forgot how good they are)

All in all a really great experience for my first trip to benicassim and dont think it will be my last would recommend it to anyone 

• Upvote 1

Kept saying it would be my final year at Beni (7th in a row) but after the organisational nightmare at mad cool its made me realise how much of a logistical dream Benicassim is. Apart from the increased security round the campsites - searched 3 times - i literally have nothing to moan about at all. Even with what i would say is one of the weakest Beni lineups ive experienced, all the acts i seen put on a hell of a show - special mention for Metronomy who blew me away again. 

Absolutely buzzing for early birds to go on sale this week to pick up my excitement levels once again. 

After this years festival it looks like ill be going to Benicassim for many more years :) 

First timer at Beni this year and can only say good things about, so well organised, good mix of ages, definitely looking at returning next year, just need to see who's interested in returning out of our gang

Any idea how long the Early bird tickets stay at 99 euro?

1 minute ago, mbee123 said:

First timer at Beni this year and can only say good things about, so well organised, good mix of ages, definitely looking at returning next year, just need to see who's interested in returning out of our gang

Any idea how long the Early bird tickets stay at 99 euro?

Until 2nd sept 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, activean said:

How much are door price tickets usually? 

99€ sound like a good deal to me :)

They end up being in the mid 100's, around 170 i think? The early birds are the way to go, they're half the price and if you don't like the lineup you can always sell them as you'll be selling cheap!

1 hour ago, DRH0503 said:

What an awesome weekend of music that'd be!!

Great fun guessing headliners but I thought this years headliners were poor . Not a fan of either Travis Scot , Killers , PSB but it was still the best fun i’ve had at Beni , the undercard was brilliant , I even made it to Justice ! 10th visit next year , bring it on!

On 8/7/2018 at 10:02 AM, gedkelly said:

Great fun guessing headliners but I thought this years headliners were poor . Not a fan of either Travis Scot , Killers , PSB but it was still the best fun i’ve had at Beni , the undercard was brilliant , I even made it to Justice ! 10th visit next year , bring it on!

Are we having a joint 10th party Ged?

you bring the cake and I’ll make sure there’s some good music on!