Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

4 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Pale Waves

The Vaccines

Slaves

I am sorry Mr Tommo, but neither Slaves nor Hinds are playing this years festival. 

Maybe you should brush up on your contemporary music knowledge.. crrrroak. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Irelandfan said:

Just watched the killers live from rock werchter and has me looking forward to this day fortnight even more what a performance they put in

saw them last week in the rds brilliant as ever, they really know how to put on a show

Bit gutted that The Charlatans overlap with The Killers as I love both. I think I will go with The Killers in full as I've seen The Charlatans before but then I'll catch the end of their set. Shame that they couldn't have been on the Travis Scott or PSB day but at the end of the day there isn't really any major clashes for me, apart from missing the end of Madness to get Wolf Alice from the start. They're honestly the best live band I've seen so they'll definitely be the highlight of the weekend for me, and I was worried they'll clash with Liam so actually pretty made up with that schedule.

Alright folks, s'the craic?

Super late on the organisational front here for reasons upon reasons, but trying to sort travel from Alicante airport and then where to stay and having a pure headache. 

Went in 2010 with a mate and we took a gypo tent, it was beyond boiling n' we deffo really struggled. Can deal with it personally, but the girlfriend really wants to get a hotel instead.. Of course there's bugger all left. Looking at £460+ for 4 nights, mental. I'd love to convince her to get a get or any other option, but I've no idea about sorting a tent over there - Results look slim from here, don't wanna 'hope' only to get fucked over.

Thoughts? 

Oh aye, really appreciate any guidance on the cheapest way to get there from Alicante. Flight doesn't get into the airport 'til 2am on the 19th!

Really, any and all help will go down a treat ❤️

13 hours ago, emsixteen said:

Alright folks, s'the craic?

Super late on the organisational front here for reasons upon reasons, but trying to sort travel from Alicante airport and then where to stay and having a pure headache. 

Went in 2010 with a mate and we took a gypo tent, it was beyond boiling n' we deffo really struggled. Can deal with it personally, but the girlfriend really wants to get a hotel instead.. Of course there's bugger all left. Looking at £460+ for 4 nights, mental. I'd love to convince her to get a get or any other option, but I've no idea about sorting a tent over there - Results look slim from here, don't wanna 'hope' only to get fucked over.

Thoughts? 

Oh aye, really appreciate any guidance on the cheapest way to get there from Alicante. Flight doesn't get into the airport 'til 2am on the 19th!

Really, any and all help will go down a treat ❤️

Hotels are going to be expensive as its one of the busiest times of the year for Benicassim.

I'd suggest taking a tent on the plane with you (if you're only taking hand luggage, it might be viable to take the tent in hold and discard it in one of the bins at the festival upon exit), or, hoping there is some shops in the town that will sell tents, but this I haven't seen.

As you are flying into Alicante you could get a tent from Decathlon but this would mean waiting until opening time on the 20th.

In regards to transport, you can either get one of the proposed coaches on EU Fest however, that would probably mean waiting until 11:30

Wait till the morning and catch a train at 8am local time. Search on Renfe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Potentially daft question here guys, particularly as I've been before!

I've bought train tickets to/from Barcelona via Renfe. I've been sent an email with no 'ticket' as such, it's just a confirmation email, saying that it is valid for X number of people. Do you guys know if this is all we need to present, or is there a particular ticket we need to print?

Doesn't help that it's all in Spanish either! My Spanish is okay but not perfect!

EDIT: Ffs, I was being really stupid. They're attached to the email...

Edited by EamerRed

4 hours ago, EamerRed said:

EDIT: Ffs, I was being really stupid. They're attached to the email...

You can also type your confirmation number into the machines at the train station to print normal tickets (rather then printed pdf version).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just been having a look at flight tracker and seems flight im due to get from stansted to Barcelona next tuesday has been delayed alot recently abd could ultimately see me missing my bus connection 

Any ine ever book woth eufest might need to book a later bus with them if do miss the offical fib bus ive booked

2 hours ago, emsixteen said:

Shit man, unlucky. Had an absolute pain when I went in 2010 getting back - One delay dominoed into several and then I had to stay on the streets of London to wait 'til the morning for another train/coach.. Disaster haha. 

35197_414487649715_140577_n.jpg

If i get as far as Barcelona will be grand will have enough time to get to benicassim even if means having an unplanned night in Barcelona. Budget might take a hit because of it but im sure il manage that alright

1 minute ago, emsixteen said:

Hope ye get sorted then. Budget Barca hotels are like £40 so it's not a big hit at least.

Anyone have a decently organised schedule for print with stage times? The one on the Beni site isn't good for print.

Yeah, print this out; https://clashfinder.com/s/benicassim2018/ 

1 minute ago, DRH0503 said:

is the exchange rate alright on there?

Just a head start up on anyone planning to use the ATM. My pals account got done in 2013, and another got card swallowed in 2015... I always find them to be out of order in the town as well.

Monzo card and take some cash is the way forward

2 hours ago, CJTM said:

Just a head start up on anyone planning to use the ATM. My pals account got done in 2013, and another got card swallowed in 2015... I always find them to be out of order in the town as well.

Monzo card and take some cash is the way forward

crrrrrrrrr Swallowed like a flyyy, it was I the great card swallower of 2013

On 7/8/2018 at 12:14 PM, CJTM said:

Shout up if you're up for a pint at the Donegal on the Wednesday, be a good laugh... there's a fb event knocking about somewhere as well 

I will have to ask my wife if she will let me out to play. You may lick a toad, but this Toad likes to get licked.