Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

58 minutes ago, bason85 said:

Anyone have an idea of the cost of a taxi from Valencia Airport? Due to the time of my flight I wont be able to get a coach so maybe the only option....

Yeah, about €90-100. Have you checked the train times?

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, KH94 said:

Im stopping in the Campervan area, does anyone know how long of a walk it is to the beach? Cheeeers.

About 30 min walk, or take the shuttle bus which runs all week going from festival > town > beach. It’s a doddle, and costs €15 for unlimited use all week

3 hours ago, Irelandfan said:

Looking at the prices for trains currently available (Up until 1st july) they start from under  €20 one way so I would say the train is cheaper. Last train from Barcelona to benicassim is 7:30pm 

Sound mate, that could work out a lot cheaper. We're like you as in we've got to the get the coach from the airport because our mate is flying from down south somewhere so gets in later than us so we have to wait around for her. Useful for the way back though! 

Just over a month to go lads, looking forward to a cracking week

22 hours ago, 0114 said:

Anybody else counting down the days? Not that fussed about the line up just can’t wait to be out there again ?

Only 42 days till I'm over there ???

Just trying to work out a budget for my trip now will have all my travel etc paid for before I get there and as I camping plan to get food to eat there for breakfast etc as well as cheap drink from lidl. Was thinking around  €75 a day will do me as a budget for food and drink anyone that'sbeen before be able to confirm this

39 minutes ago, Irelandfan said:

Only 42 days till I'm over there ???

Just trying to work out a budget for my trip now will have all my travel etc paid for before I get there and as I camping plan to get food to eat there for breakfast etc as well as cheap drink from lidl. Was thinking around  €75 a day will do me as a budget for food and drink anyone that'sbeen before be able to confirm this

I used to use about 100 euros a day 

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

I used to use about 100 euros a day 

You can certainly get by on less than this, but depends how much you want to drink/quality of the food you want to eat.

I was travelling in Spain for a few weeks last summer ending with doing the full week at Beni, was down to my last €50 per day by the time festival started, and still drank a fuck load.

Was spending €15-€20 per day on food consisting of a mid-afternoon burger king, an ice cream in the early evening and then some drunk food from one of the street food places in the festival. Big shout out to the Argentina steak sandwich van and Big Dan's fried chicken, highly recommend both if they're there this year. Sadly I won't be.

Bottle of cheap vodka and mixers - less than a fiver.

This leaves enough for like 8/9 of the small beers over the course of the night.

But of course this isn't recommended and you can certainly choose more nutritious options/avoid the lidl vodka.

9 hours ago, danz026 said:

You can certainly get by on less than this, but depends how much you want to drink/quality of the food you want to eat.

I was travelling in Spain for a few weeks last summer ending with doing the full week at Beni, was down to my last €50 per day by the time festival started, and still drank a fuck load.

Was spending €15-€20 per day on food consisting of a mid-afternoon burger king, an ice cream in the early evening and then some drunk food from one of the street food places in the festival. Big shout out to the Argentina steak sandwich van and Big Dan's fried chicken, highly recommend both if they're there this year. Sadly I won't be.

Bottle of cheap vodka and mixers - less than a fiver.

This leaves enough for like 8/9 of the small beers over the course of the night.

But of course this isn't recommended and you can certainly choose more nutritious options/avoid the lidl vodka.

i think that's sound advice , my mate insists on buying Smirnoff , it is only 10.90 euro but supermarket voddy at 5 is a bargain , remember DON'T DRINK RESPONSIBLY !

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

i think that's sound advice , my mate insists on buying Smirnoff , it is only 10.90 euro but supermarket voddy at 5 is a bargain , remember DON'T DRINK RESPONSIBLY !

Got the supermarket vodka last time and it was like paint stripper ?

much rather her spend a few extra euros and drink something that actually tastes nice haha

3 hours ago, 0114 said:

Got the supermarket vodka last time and it was like paint stripper ?

much rather her spend a few extra euros and drink something that actually tastes nice haha

that's my mates philosophy , she says the cheap stuff gives her a headache IT WILL IF YOU DRINK A BOTTLE DUCK !!!!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, gedkelly said:

Forget the supermarket voddy Ged..the turps from the Chinese shops is cheaper and tastes better!! ??

22 hours ago, Irelandfan said:

Don't mind paying a bit extra for decent drink spent long enough in college drinking the paint stripper vodka. Beers normally cheap enough so will just need ice to keep it cold 

12 cans of Argus beer (lager) was €2.64, or single cans of Perlenbacher (pilsener) were 25c from Lidl last year.  The cheap voddie at Lidl is Rachmaninoff, which I think they also sell over here.

Just got the return flight booked last night! 

There was meant to be 13 of us staying in Marina d'Or apartments but now 2 people have pulled out. 

Anyone know what the 'sofa beds' are like there? Would they fit 2 people on it? We have 11 people going now and I just need to know where we would need the 3* 6 person apartments or 2 would suffice. 

1 hour ago, fitz_xoxo said:

There was meant to be 13 of us staying in Marina d'Or apartments but now 2 people have pulled out. 

Anyone know what the 'sofa beds' are like there? Would they fit 2 people on it? We have 11 people going now and I just need to know where we would need the 3* 6 person apartments or 2 would suffice. 

The sofa beds fit 2 people, so 2 rooms for 11 will be enough. 6 of us stayed in one last year and we're doing the same this year.

2 hours ago, fitz_xoxo said:

Stayed there in 2013 and we had 6 in one apartment. Plenty of room