Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

Final two minor announcements (mostly DJs) last year were 25 May & 13 June so we I would say tomorrow/Thursday or next week for a wee update.

maybe 1/2 medium sized acts and a handful small... Miles Kane, Twin Atlantic, Black Honey, The Blinders, The Orielles, Vistas... any of those would be welcome

3 hours ago, CJTM said:

Final two minor announcements (mostly DJs) last year were 25 May & 13 June so we I would say tomorrow/Thursday or next week for a wee update.

maybe 1/2 medium sized acts and a handful small... Miles Kane, Twin Atlantic, Black Honey, The Blinders, The Orielles, Vistas... any of those would be welcome

Orielles would be great. Hope to see them again soon, but they’ve got 3 x UK festivals that same weekend, so mIghty unlikely. I keep hoping Miles will be announced, and if Wolf Alice can play in Moscow & Benicassim the same weekend, then why can’t he?!?  Might be the odd act on the Primavera Sound line up, who can’t be announced for FIB until the Barcelona festival has been and gone, due to contractual reasons. There’s a few on PS billing I’d like to show up at Beni 

If I'm not mistaken, FIB usually has 1 major act + 5-6 support acts per day. It seems this year we only have 3 on Thursday, 4 on Friday, 4 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. Also, usually there are 20-27 acts a day, while only 20 acts have been announced for Thursday, 16 on Friday, 19 on Saturday and Sunday. So maybe (hopefully) still some decent names to come? 

10 hours ago, thelemon said:

Childish Gambino no chance mate ? 

Hoping for Miles realistically, or the Wombats

Did say it was a slim chance of happening ?

In reality I think we will get 3 or 4 names we all recognise and then a load of djs for South beach etc

4 hours ago, Jerpo said:

I dont know why but i think Blossoms is acting again this year in Benicassim

What do you think about that?

Would love it, but I don't think it's possible.

My dream addition would be Crystal Fighters but I don't believe it's possible either...

1 hour ago, jkerr4412 said:

Looking at her touring schedule I reckon Sigrid is a strong possibility in the next announcement, would love Blossoms but I feel like they'd have been announced by now. 

Off up to Warrington in a couple of hours, to catch Blossoms, The Coral, and NGHFB's headline Sunday of NBHD Weekender.  Should be a decent evening!

Edited by andytommo

11 hours ago, andytommo said:

Off up to Warrington in a couple of hours, to catch Blossoms, The Coral, and NGHFB's headline Sunday of NBHD Weekender.  Should be a decent evening!

Done the whole weekend. Louis Berry was the highlight for me. Noel was boring as fuck. 

20 hours ago, andytommo said:

9 hours ago, 0114 said:

Done the whole weekend. Louis Berry was the highlight for me. Noel was boring as fuck. 

Was there for the weekend..Noel poor in my eyes..weekend highlights for me were Starsailor and Editors..both in the tent where the sound quality was a lot better 

22 hours ago, shaun64 said:

Was there for the weekend..Noel poor in my eyes..weekend highlights for me were Starsailor and Editors..both in the tent where the sound quality was a lot better 

I did the weekend too, Gerry Cinnamon by far the act of the weekend!

2 hours ago, muzak said:

Looking to book my trains from Barcelona to Benicassim - Renfe seems to be saying that they're not available yet. Anyone else in a similar situation, or am I missing something?

Yer still not released for some reason.. normally out by now