Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

7 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Might be a stupid question but see on the day split poster. Is all the acts in biggest font main stage the ones below second stage and the smallest font acts on the dance and fib club stages?

It usually follows that format, but not gospel, as some of the dance/hip-hop/electronic acts from the second size font will play the South Beach (3rd) Stage. There’s usually 6 acts per night on the main stage, ditto the Visa stage.  Check out last years line up poster, and one of the 2017 clashfinders, for comparison.

Edited by andytommo

45 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Any idea what the difference is between Chase and Status and Chase and Status Live?

This could potentially be a stupid question but i have to ask...

They do both a ‘live’ set, which is more bigger/band like set up performing their own songs live, as opposed to a ‘DJ’ set, which is just the pair of them behind a pair of CDJs playing/mixing their tracks, and those of others.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, andytommo said:

They do both a ‘live’ set, which is more bigger/band like set up performing their own songs live, as opposed to a ‘DJ’ set, which is just the pair of them behind a pair of CDJs playing/mixing their tracks, and those of others.

Noticed Eric prydz is down as a dj set, safe to presume all his visuals and lights will still be up like a normal show?

2 hours ago, jarx1 said:

Noticed Eric prydz is down as a dj set, safe to presume all his visuals and lights will still be up like a normal show?

The way they talk about him on the website it seems like there will be a light show. Eric Prydz is down as a dj set cause he doesn't make any of the music live and its all just mixed whereas Chase and Status will play as a live band playing the drums and bass for most of the songs 

On 5/11/2018 at 8:33 PM, Paulmcm1998 said:

The album is definitely a grower I've been listening to the leak all week and it does get better i really appreciate it but I can also see why its getting bashed so much cause it lacks all the riffs and heavy drumming which is what people expect of AM

It's their own fault for 'expecting' a certain style, is it not?

12 hours ago, andytommo said:

2019 headliner with the AM’s, Stormzy & Jack White.

and the Foo's Andy !!! Its my Beni 10th anniversary next year and I am demanding that the Foo's play or i'll scream and scream until i'm sick !!!!

11 hours ago, 0114 said:

So... Buddha Bar. What’s it like? Can’t believe I never notcied it before? 

Been a few times on the Wednesday before and from what i can remember, which is very little, its basically a big up piss up with non stop indie bangers. Think the Wednesday is usually a Propaganda club night and seems to attract a huge crowd. Keep an eye out for promo staff handing out free wristbands during the day in the town which entitles you to one free drink because from what i can remember the drinks are relatively expensive once inside. I just make sure i've drunk enough before going in!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Been a few times on the Wednesday before and from what i can remember, which is very little, its basically a big up piss up with non stop indie bangers. Think the Wednesday is usually a Propaganda club night and seems to attract a huge crowd. Keep an eye out for promo staff handing out free wristbands during the day in the town which entitles you to one free drink because from what i can remember the drinks are relatively expensive once inside. I just make sure i've drunk enough before going in!

Nice one. Are there any other decent bars/clubs apart from Donegal and Buddha?

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

Apart from Buddha mate i've never really ventured into the town / outside the festival too much during the night as we keep ourselves entertained round the campsite. Cheap booze from the supermarkets and a few other treats from the campsite is good enough for me!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 0114 said:

No, there’s not really much else apart from those two - Donegal is the main pub/bar on the Main St - other than another decent club located opposite VillaCamp/B.King/Lidl at the bottom end of town, called Casablanca, which last year had a Propaganda night on the Tuesday. Again, like Buddha, drinks are expensive when inside, so pre-load.  Not certain there will be so many club nights this year, compared to 2017, as numbers are way down this year overall.

5 minutes ago, andytommo said:

No, there’s not really much else apart from those two - Donegal is the main pub/bar on the Main St - other than another decent club located opposite VillaCamp/B.King/Lidl at the bottom end of town, called Casablanca, which last year had a Propaganda night on the Tuesday. Again, like Buddha, drinks are expensive when inside, so pre-load.  Not certain there will be so many club nights this year, compared to 2017, as numbers are way down this year overall.

Cheers! How many you reckon will be there compared to last year? 

20 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Cheers! How many you reckon will be there compared to last year? 

I reckon it will be back closer to 2015/2016 numbers, so approx. 30k-35k per night. Last year there was approx 40k each night, although it was sold out (50k) on Sat for the RHCPs.

• Upvote 1