Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

How expensive would it of been to book one of either Jamie T, Miles Kane, Blossoms, Courteeners, Reverend and the Makers, Jake Bugg, Wombats? 

Really scrimping and scraping this year imo. The dance acts are equally as few and far between. If this is a sign of the way the festival is going then I think this will have to be my last year and try something else next. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, 0114 said:

How expensive would it of been to book one of either Jamie T, Miles Kane, Blossoms, Courteeners, Reverend and the Makers, Jake Bugg, Wombats? 

Really scrimping and scraping this year imo. The dance acts are equally as few and far between. If this is a sign of the way the festival is going then I think this will have to be my last year and try something else next. 

The festival has plenty of indie bands this year. Blossoms and Courteeners played last year so it would have been really uninspiring if they were booked again 

2 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

The festival has plenty of indie bands this year. Blossoms and Courteeners played last year so it would have been really uninspiring if they were booked again 

So was Liam Gallagher though. 

Chase and Status is a good addition. Across the bill there's a bit of everything for all. 

Line up aside, if it's your first time going I can safely assure you that Benicassim is a fantastic festival and you'll have a great time. 

1 hour ago, thelemon said:

Do the headliners on the main stage tend to clash with the headliners on the secondary stage?

It's usually an overlap, other than a direct clash, but this Clashfinder from last year will give you more of an idea on how things pan out.  Bear in mind though, it's literally 3-5 mins to get from any one stage to another, so easy to move around the site in minimum time. https://clashfinder.com/s/fib2017/ 

21 hours ago, andytommo said:

I don’t think for the life of me, this is at all accurate, but at least the right acts are appearing on the right days now. Some of it will be corrrect, but until we have the stage splits/set times confirmed, take it with a big pinch (rock) of salt;

https:///s/fib2018/

(p.s. it’s definitely work in progress, as Magic Gang are on before Magic Gang!!!)

I see they have wolf slice clashing with Liam Gallagher on the Sunday night. Was hoping to see both of them how easy is it to go between stages could possible catch part of both sets 

28 minutes ago, Irelandfan said:

I see they have wolf slice clashing with Liam Gallagher on the Sunday night. Was hoping to see both of them how easy is it to go between stages could possible catch part of both sets 

5 minutes mate 

1 hour ago, Irelandfan said:

Who the hell are wolf slice? Can't find them on the line up anywhere! :rofl:

15 minutes ago, Richi1988 said:

Who the hell are wolf slice? Can't find them on the line up anywhere! :rofl:

Should say wolf alice the joys of using autocorrect on a phone and not looking at what you've actually written :growl:

Edited by Irelandfan

Are the lockers needed / useful? Like is it just an empty space for bags etc or does it have plugs (being very hopeful here). Really it would be needed for charging phones / leaving a light top into.

I'm staying in Oropesa, so won't be camping.

Edited by fitz_xoxo

1 hour ago, fitz_xoxo said:

Are the lockers needed / useful? Like is it just an empty space for bags etc or does it have plugs (being very hopeful here). Really it would be needed for charging phones / leaving a light top into.

I'm staying in Oropesa, so won't be camping.

I wouldn't bother if you're not camping, as 1) just take a portable charger with you, and 2) you won't need a light top - t-shirt all night is fine, as it doesn't drop less than about 22-23c, even at 4am-6am

• Like 1

5 hours ago, andytommo said:

I wouldn't bother if you're not camping, as 1) just take a portable charger with you, and 2) you won't need a light top - t-shirt all night is fine, as it doesn't drop less than about 22-23c, even at 4am-6am

But if you're camping I assume they're a must have? Staying at campfests glamping and considering leaving ATM card, password etc there 

I' in campfest glamping too was wondering sane thing about the lockers will it have charging point etc in them. I only really need somewhere to store passport and that in and was considering buying 1 of them travel wallets thst go around your neck instead

15 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

It's a great album just should be a turner solo or a last shadow puppets album doesn't sound like a monkeys album at all

I think I might like this. Have to admit, I’ve got a bit bored of the AMs over the past couple of albums. It was about time they changed it a bit, IMO. 

Edited by andytommo

5 minutes ago, andytommo said:

I think I might like this. Have to admit, I’ve got a bit bored of the AMs over the past couple of albums. It was about time they changed it a bit, IMO. 

The album is definitely a grower I've been listening to the leak all week and it does get better i really appreciate it but I can also see why its getting bashed so much cause it lacks all the riffs and heavy drumming which is what people expect of AM

6 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Glad they’re not headlining now then?

I wasn't too bothered about them not playing, still, If you're asking me if I would choose Arctic Monkeys over the killers and Travis Scott, it's a very easy yes.  

I'll still be going to TRNSMT to see them. I love the monkeys, their setlist will be littered with some cracking tunes, I just don't like this album at all.