Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

5 hours ago, ThisSceneIsDead said:

Hi all, haven't gone through all of the pages of this thread so apologies if this has been covered but does anyone have an idea of when we may get another batch of bands added?

After last weeks announcement, there'll probably be a couple of more announcements. Probably a further one in May, with day splits (when 1/2/3 day tickets go on sale), then a final one at the end of June/early July, at which time they often announce the set times.  Don't expect many more 'big names' though, as the latter announcements (based on previous years) are usually likely to be smaller Spanish/UK bands, DJ's, with the odd UK/IRE/International known acts thrown in.  Still maybe a further 30+ names to come though.  Are you hoping for anyone in particular?

1 hour ago, andytommo said:

After last weeks announcement, there'll probably be a couple of more announcements. Probably a further one in May, with day splits (when 1/2/3 day tickets go on sale), then a final one at the end of June/early July, at which time they often announce the set times.  Don't expect many more 'big names' though, as the latter announcements (based on previous years) are usually likely to be smaller Spanish/UK bands, DJ's, with the odd UK/IRE/International known acts thrown in.  Still maybe a further 30+ names to come though.  Are you hoping for anyone in particular?

Ah okay great, thanks. First time at Beni this year, only done Reading in the past (09,10,11) and then one day at IoW last year so wasn't sure how other fests do their announcements. Few smaller bands I'd like to see there but haven't bothered checking their tour dates to see if possible haha. Blood Red Shoes, We Are Scientists, Circa Waves would be nice and all have new stuff out/are touring - may check their live dates tomorrow and convince myself they're possible... assume slightly bigger bands such as Chvrches or Placebo would be on there already?

Edited by ThisSceneIsDead

1 hour ago, ThisSceneIsDead said:

Ah okay great, thanks. First time at Beni this year, only done Reading in the past (09,10,11) and then one day at IoW last year so wasn't sure how other fests do their announcements. Few smaller bands I'd like to see there but haven't bothered checking their tour dates to see if possible haha. Blood Red Shoes, We Are Scientists, Circa Waves would be nice and all have new stuff out/are touring - may check their live dates tomorrow and convince myself they're possible... assume slightly bigger bands such as Chvrches or Placebo would be on there already?

Churches are definitely NO, as I think they're playing in Australia the same weekend.  Placebo doing a few EU dates in June/July, so not completely rules out yet.

crrrrr.... CRRRRRRRRRRR

the swamps stir.... an Announcement of more mediocrity is coming....

The Streets, Black Honey,Twin Atlantic, CHRVCHES, Los Vinagres

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

not sure who I want in the next and possibly final announcement . Not sure who's left to go at . Don't get too excited it'll be a few recognisable names and quite a few Spanish bands/acts . 

Can't wait to be honest .

Going to let Andytommo buy me a pint this time round 

Anyone get their ticket using the installment plan. How do I pay the second installment? I was under the impression they'd email me a link, am I wrong? The deadline to buy using installment has passed, so I'm assuming the window to pay the second installment is open? 

Edited by SG87