Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

1 hour ago, U08ad15 said:

Hi, it's my first time at the festival but bought tickets straight away after seeing last years lineup... I'm feeling very underwhelmed however by this years so far... how many more medium bands can we expect to see on the bill (dmts, the hunna, the sherlocks, sundara, slaves, courteneers etc...) also I've seen people say that the headliners follow an indie, rock, rap, "dance" suit.. is this true and if so which are we waiting for??? Travis=rap Liam=pop killers=pop/(rock at a push) that leaves dance... if the final act is dance it will be the worst lineup I've seen lookin back over the years?? 

Sorry for such such a long post 

59c4fecb8557c (1).jpg

3 hours ago, U08ad15 said:

Hi, it's my first time at the festival but bought tickets straight away after seeing last years lineup... I'm feeling very underwhelmed however by this years so far... how many more medium bands can we expect to see on the bill (dmts, the hunna, the sherlocks, sundara, slaves, courteneers etc...) also I've seen people say that the headliners follow an indie, rock, rap, "dance" suit.. is this true and if so which are we waiting for??? Travis=rap Liam=pop killers=pop/(rock at a push) that leaves dance... if the final act is dance it will be the worst lineup I've seen lookin back over the years?? 

Sorry for such such a long post 

I’m in the same boat man, pretty much pinning all my hopes on Justice, Sundara and Courteeners playing... if not I’m going to be very disappointed. It’s a shame the lineup won’t be as strong as last year, but sure can’t not have a good time camping in the sun with mates. 

49 minutes ago, insanejenny said:

hi can anyone tell me do they usually do 1 day tickets to Benicassim? 

Yes, once the day splits for the acts are announced, last year I think it was April time, they start selling 1, 2 & 3 day Tickets (but all with no camping incl.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jarx1 said:

I’m in the same boat man, pretty much pinning all my hopes on Justice, Sundara and Courteeners playing... if not I’m going to be very disappointed. It’s a shame the lineup won’t be as strong as last year, but sure can’t not have a good time camping in the sun with mates. 

I’m not expecting either the Courteeners or Justice to appear at Beni this year, although I’d be delighted (and very pleasantly surprised) if the latter were to be added to the line up, as they’ve been one of the acts I’ve most hoped to catch at FIB over the years I’ve been going, but not yet done so.

Edited by andytommo

5 minutes ago, andytommo said:

I’m not expecting either the Courteeners or Justice to appear at Beni this year, although I’d be delighted (and very pleasantly surprised) if the latter were to be added to the line up, as they’ve been one of the acts I’ve most hoped to catch at FIB over the years I’ve been going, but not yet done so.

Any reason you think that? They’re doing mad cool on the 12th so they’re in Spain around that time, would make sense for them to be the big “dance” act for this year, don’t you think? Worth keeping the fingers cross at least?

Only that there is usually very little crossover of acts between Mad Cool, BBK, and FIB Benicassim. Last year only Foals & Dinosaur Jr played both FIB and MC, and the year before, only Biffy.  Would love it if Justice were there, but in my opinion it’s unlikely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christoph1955 said:

Official return coach from barca 70 euros in total? That some sort of sick joke? The renfe train from airport to benicassim town is only like 12 euros each way? Does someone know something i Don't? 

Is it as cheap as 12 euros? Think I paid nearer 40 last year.

3 hours ago, Christoph1955 said:

Official return coach from barca 70 euros in total? That some sort of sick joke? The renfe train from airport to benicassim town is only like 12 euros each way? Does someone know something i Don't?

The festival organisers know that 90% of the attendees are drunk British and Irish teens and 20 something’s who value the convenience of a bus from airport to campsite and back over attempting to navigate foreign public transport, so they’ll gladly rip you off for it. I managed to get cheaper buses from a third party last year (although the renfe would have been even cheaper still) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Christoph1955 said:

Website says so. But it only releases the next 2 months of tickets at a time. So it's possible they may go up. I'm willing to wait rather than shell out 70 nicker 

We got the train down and then the bus home last year. Think the bus ended up being quicker but it's still expensive either way.

22 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

Is it as cheap as 12 euros? Think I paid nearer 40 last year.

Same here - i thought it was nearer to €30-€35 e/w, when I did the train from Barca a few years back, plus you have the €4-€5 short rail trip from the airport to Sants on top.

1 hour ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Is there any late night transfer options from Barcelona to Benicassim cause my group land in Barcelona at 11pm on the Tuesday and the only option appears to be taxi?

Guess that's the flight from Prestwick aye? We did that last year, had to stay in a cheap hostel called 'Center Ramblas' for the night then get the train in the morning. The hostel wasn't a great experience but had to be done. 

11 minutes ago, MichaelR1967 said:

Guess that's the flight from Prestwick aye? We did that last year, had to stay in a cheap hostel called 'Center Ramblas' for the night then get the train in the morning. The hostel wasn't a great experience but had to be done. 

Yeah Prestwick yeah it won't be a pleasant experience but it seems like the cheapest and easiest option. Thanks for the help I'll look at the hostel

7 minutes ago, Grant0806892 said:

Anyone think there's any chance they might announce the rest of the festival line up after the 4th when the ticket prices go up like primavera and many other festivals do or will they keep us waiting? 

Unlikely. Over the last few years, the next big announcement for line up additions (after the end of Jan/early Feb one) has been around the middle of March.

8 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Unlikely. Over the last few years, the next big announcement for line up additions (after the end of Jan/early Feb one) has been around the middle of March.

Shame. Hopefully will be worth the wait. Im slightly underwhelmed so far and if they are classing Travis as a headliner it maybe doesn't bode well for the rest of the lineup