Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

Ok, just got back from FIB 2017, another great year and already now planning for next year, looking at flights, etc....

So as a starting topic for Benicassim 2018, who would your 4 x ideal headliners be, being realistic and obviously taking into account a varying genre of headliners.  

Me, I'm going with Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Drake & Gorillaz.

You???

Edited by andytommo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, andytommo said:

Ok, just got back from FIB 2017, another great year and already now planning for next year, looking at flights, etc....

So as a starting topic for Benicassim 2018, who would your 4 x ideal headliners be, being realistic and obviously taking into account a varying genre of headliners.  

Me, I'm going with Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Drake & Gorillaz.

You???

Foo's , Faithless , Arctics and Depeche Mode/Placebo

got my room sorted for next year , get early bird this week and sit looking at Ryanair until the flight times are announced ...

Really up for going back next year with no Glastonbury on, been a few years...

Early bird TBA this week. Usually £85?

Headliner prediction: Arctic Monkeys, Lana Del Ray & Arcade Fire. Can't stick on a fourth it'll be someone like Macklemore & Ryan Lewis with Boy Better Know supporting, done well recently with that kind of act Skepta Stormzy etc.

Three acts that could definitely be there I would like to see booked: Wolf Alice, Twin Atlantic & The XX.

Couldn't believe how much bigger the festival has gotten since I was last there. Really took away from everything. 1 hour queues for atms, mad queues for the shuttles buses, All local restaurants overrun by the amount of people and serving crap food as a result. The arena itself was too busy on the Saturday too. The town just isn't big enough to handle that many people. 

Don't get me wrong, I still had a great time, but I don't think I'd go back again.

Looking to make my debut in 2018, although to throw some questions out there for people who have previously attended to assist..

What sort of prices am I looking at for staying in a hotel as I can barely handle the heat in a tent at Glasto let alone in Spain?

What's pricing like within the arena for food and alcohol?

What's the nightlife like?

Thanks in advance.

And just to join in, Realistically see at least two of Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Gorillaz, Killers, Drake.

Edited by Andy0808 v5

Can't answer the hotel question

Food in the arena is decent you'll get a streetfood meal for < €10

Drink in the arena is €3 can-sized beer, €6 wine, €9 for a litre of beer or a mixed spirit which is equivalent to a UK treble at least 

Nightlife is okay there's a couple of clubs and bars - although they only come into play before the festival actually starts because the bands are playing overnight 

44 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

If we're planning on going but not camping, is it worth buying those early bird tickets, or holding out until they offer tickets alone with no camping?

Not sure if there is a price difference , dive in 

Edited by gedkelly

2 hours ago, andytommo said:

Just bought mine!!! :ph34r:

Got to wait till Monday so the Mrs can change her holiday dates , already booked the usual 2 week off but this is a bit later than normal , possibly into school holiday territory !!! Might push the flight prices up .

Expecting foo's, killers, arcade fire all a shout of headlining  (Probably not all 3 but you never know!).

Also maybe mumford n sons, qotsa and arctic monkeys 

10 hours ago, pigshair123 said:

Expecting foo's, killers, arcade fire all a shout of headlining  (Probably not all 3 but you never know!).

Also maybe mumford n sons, qotsa and arctic monkeys 

If they want the same numbers as this year, and to sell out on the Sat night, then I honestly think it's only possible by having the Foo's as headliner. Can't imagine any other current band in the world, other than the likes of U2/Coldplay (who would probably only do their own headline stadium concerts) would a ) play FIB and b ) sell it out.  I could see one of the Arctics/Arcades/Killers/Gorillaz playing as a Sat night headliner, but none of these would sell it out.

15 hours ago, andytommo said:

If they want the same numbers as this year, and to sell out on the Sat night, then I honestly think it's only possible by having the Foo's as headliner. Can't imagine any other current band in the world, other than the likes of U2/Coldplay (who would probably only do their own headline stadium concerts) would a ) play FIB and b ) sell it out.  I could see one of the Arctics/Arcades/Killers/Gorillaz playing as a Sat night headliner, but none of these would sell it out.

Yeah foo's would definitely be the biggest draw out of them, also possibly Eminem? Though not sure of his popularity over in Spain 

11 hours ago, brighton1983 said:

Not that I do them but how easy is it to get drugs out there ? 

Up the bums easy enough !! 

Seriously, just take your own. The coke / ket / MD there was just sugary garbage. That was off the locals though. Never found English selling owt. The music gets you high enough anyway... if not just hang about the big tree on the grassy bit in middle of arena ;-)

On 21/07/2017 at 0:12 PM, gregory said:

A bit steep innit. Think I paid €110 after Christmas this year. 

Still a bargain as far as I'm concerned . 4 day fest for around £100 , with camping !!!!!!

Edited by gedkelly

39 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

Still a bargain as far as I'm concerned . 4 day fest for around £100 , with camping !!!!!!

Yeah was kinda joking, very good value, just more than last year innit. i'll post my review in a few weeks, but I had a good time overall - saw some great sets with great sound.