Isle of Wight 2018 Festival

RATM

Loved it... listened to some bands for the first time - nothing disappointed.

DM - one of my favourite bands - nailed it. As did MSP.

The Killers are a bit too polished now, too clean-cut and shiny... not impressed. Should have dumped them half way thro and gone to the tent for Travis!

Great weekend, fantastic weather, met some really nice people, relaxed, chilled - just went by so quickly!

Looking forward to 2019....!

It was my first time doing a full festival weekend and I thought it was amazing! Weather was perfect and there were so many incredible acts. Top 5 for me have to be

#1 The Killers - Perfect way to end the festival, although wish their set was longer

#2 Liam Gallagher - Had a much larger crowd than Depeche Mode and filled his set with Oasis 

#3 Ten Tonnes - Saw him whilst the footy was on and met the band after, definitely one to watch out for in the future

#4 Tom Grennan - Was very hyped for him before the festival and he didn't disappoint

#5 The Wombats - Great set from them to start the festival, but again wish it was longer

First IOW for us. Arrived nice and early;about 0930 but didn’t get set up until around 1700. No stewards in the field organising queuing so just a free for all with one entrance. Can’t believe they’ve been doing this for 50 years. 

Queing aside, the rest was an amazing weekend with so many highlights. Liam; MNP; Killers; Chic; Kasabian were all brilliant. Special shout out for Van Morrison who I’ve seen a few times and it’s not always great. This time it was the best. His band were so tight and on it.  First time I’d heard him do Real Real Gone; proper freaked at that?. Also great fun late on in the small dance tent (called ‘Feeling’ something; can’t remember) every night after the bands finished. 

Walked over a few blankets and knocked a few chairs over but it seems to be the way festivals are going now so getting used to it......great four days. 

Oh, and the Skids rocked?

Quality weekend, started queueing at about 12 and was in by about an hour or an hour and a half so didn't find that too bad. The incredible weather made everything so much easier and saw some quality music. Highlights were mainly from the This Feeling stagfe featuring  Avalanche Party, Calva Louise and The Cosmics, then Circa Waves were great and all the headliners tbh. were all quality.

After only going to Reading Festival once prior to IOW I found that IOW was more chilled as i saw less music and spent more time exploring, as at Reading i was seeing bands from start to finish. Also was nice to see a much more diverse age range, I would say I enjoyed both fests about the same in different ways.

Very impressed and great value for money as I only spent £150 on the ticket (due to buying a teen ticket as I'm 17). Had no restrictions with this wristband at all and ended up with an adult wristband anyway as i asked for a new one because mine was too tight and they just gave me an adult band.

Mad festival blues now however... Next up 2000 Trees!

£135 for the ticket in early bird, £150 pinkmoon camping.  Can’t fault it  

If I have one tip for any one?

pinkmoon. 2 showers a day. No waiting for the toilet. Camping right by the entrance. 

Went by the camera rig in front of the sound desk by 3 each day.  Fantastic view. Security handing out water. Bar and toilets close by. 

Festival smarter not harder. 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 3:09 PM, AMBEV said:

£135 for the ticket in early bird, £150 pinkmoon camping.  Can’t fault it  

If I have one tip for any one?

pinkmoon. 2 showers a day. No waiting for the toilet. Camping right by the entrance. 

Went by the camera rig in front of the sound desk by 3 each day.  Fantastic view. Security handing out water. Bar and toilets close by. 

Festival smarter not harder. 

Also if you want a break from the Festival you could take a bus into town. Basically they ran every 15 minutes, cost £7 round trip. You can have a little lunch, check out some historic buildings, buy a couple of groceries. Also Big Green Coach did a good job of getting us to and from the Festival. No worries about the ferry crossing times or any of that.