Isle of Wight 2018 Festival

RATM

16 minutes ago, BeauSEJOURMusic said:

I've wanted to see Kasabian for so long that I might just have to put up with The bloody Script.  

Ive seen them twice but still want to see them again, they excellent live! Suppose if we want a decent view will have to watch some script? or wait til they finish then try get in ha 

I expect Chase & Status to be on after Kasabian, and I expect Hacienda Classical to be on after Depeche Mode. Travis have already been confirmed to play after The Killers, and the same thing happened last year with DJ sets happening after the main stage headliners

14 minutes ago, Sam217 said:

I expect Chase & Status to be on after Kasabian, and I expect Hacienda Classical to be on after Depeche Mode. Travis have already been confirmed to play after The Killers, and the same thing happened last year with DJ sets happening after the main stage headliners

Really hope so!! would be great if we could catch them all.... will be a nightmare trying to get into the tent after the main stage finishes though

I've updated the clashfinder based off of last years set times. It's looking good for me very few clashes although Friday will be back and forth between the Main Stage and Big Top a lot.

Obviously times are probably gonna change but its a good way to try and work out potential clashes already

https:///s/iow2018/

Edited by Sam217
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sam217 said:

I've updated the clashfinder based off of last years set times. It's looking good for me very few clashes although Friday will be back and forth between the Main Stage and Big Top a lot.

Obviously times are probably gonna change but its a good way to try and work out potential clashes already

https:///s/iow2018/

Good if it is like that! only clashes for me are Chic and Circa Waves 

54 minutes ago, galbani said:

Sam - many thanks - this is fantastic - I've used your clashfinder before and it's a massive help.

Liam (Laim) will be upset with you tho'.... :)

Or was that intentional.....!

Haha thanks for pointing that out, all fixed now!

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, BeauSEJOURMusic said:

I just noticed something, but maybe it's nothing...  Is there a noticeable gap between Kasabian and The Script on the new line-up poster?  
Is it just a poor design, or do you think maybe somebody new will be announced?  (I'm hoping it's the latter)

IMG_0130.thumb.PNG.b9302d6a30f346bd79e4b09d6d85e5a5.PNG

I think it's probably a combination of them wanting the headliners to be clear, the fact Manic Street Preachers have a longer name so take up more space and because there are less acts on the Friday.

They've said before how the full main stage and lineup had been announced. Also The Script, James Bay and Manic Street Preachers all have slightly larger fonts than the rest of the main stage so it doesn't look like anyone else will fit in above them

On 5/4/2018 at 10:49 PM, BeauSEJOURMusic said:

I just noticed something, but maybe it's nothing...  Is there a noticeable gap between Kasabian and The Script on the new line-up poster?  
Is it just a poor design, or do you think maybe somebody new will be announced?  (I'm hoping it's the latter)

IMG_0130.thumb.PNG.b9302d6a30f346bd79e4b09d6d85e5a5.PNG

It's not poor design... its just the weighting and spacing of the acts to keep it balanced

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Sam217 said:

Kashmir cafe lineup announced. Very disappointed at the lack of Saturday afternoon special guest. No wheatus this year

IMG_0132.PNG

They haven't announced times/days.... so there may well be a special guest. 

2 hours ago, Sam217 said:

This feeling added out of nowhere. Any recommendations of who to see on that stage?

IMG_0133.JPG

Avalanche Party, sons and Calva Louise are must sees. almost every band on this poster is worth checking out though and are probably better than whats on at the mainstages.

Edited by UndergroundSound
  • Upvote 1

just booked my tickets, lets hope I can get it off work otherwise looks like I'm handing in my notice.

question - I'm 17 so I booked a teen ticket, are there any restrictions inside the festival for people with this ticket? All I know of is that you have to enter the festival with an over 18 which I can manage.

Edited by UndergroundSound

Hi,

Does anyone know what drinks you can normally buy? Is it super expensive?hoping to smuggle in spirits, can you get cokes lemonade etc? Or is it similar price for soft drinks anyway?

Thank you 

Edited by LydiaOr

Whether you consider the drinks expensive depends where you come from in the country .  Pints were £4.20, cocktails £5-£8 last year.  Pretty normal from where I travel from (Dorset) .  I normally sneak in my own clear spirits through security in a 500ml water bottles (part of the fun)  ,  soft drinks around £2.50 for standard 500ml bottle. Sometimes I wish I did drugs,  far cheaper over a whole weekend.