Isle of Wight 2018 Festival

RATM

1 minute ago, BeauSEJOURMusic said:

Even with that being said,  The Script are surely not at a level to go on before the headliner?  I know they tour arenas and stuff, but still..  Am i underestimating them?  I've always seen them as tepid as heck. 

Yeah I agree with that.... but the others are of a similar level so be surprised if they arent sub to Kasabian. I hope the headline the tent personally because then I can get to see Chase & Status and Kasabian :)

IoW Fest Twitter feed confirmed last night that Manic Street Preachers will be on the Main stage on the Sunday.  I'm so happy as I was worried they would be in the Big Top (I tend to stay at the front of the Main stage all weekend haha)  

Personally speaking, a 1-2 punch of Manics then Killers  is worth the ticket price alone.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Sam217 said:

Also seems that the twitter account may have accidentally confirmed James Walsh from Starsailor

IMG_4657.PNG

I follow James on twitter as he is a mad liverpool supporter like myself :) I was under the impression that he had a residency at IOW.... think he has played every year for the past god knows how many years :)

Just now, Sam217 said:

And thirdly, John Giddings has confirmed that Travis will play after The Killers on Sunday to close the festival in the Big Top

IMG_4658.PNG

WHAT???? that is very strange!! And going to be a nightmare getting into the tent after the Killers...

Giving us the stage times would be good. We'll just have to wait. Never really been keen on this stage in the past but this line up looks great this year.  so many potential clashes in my head already, think I'll just be winging it on each day as usual rather than over planning it. 

42 minutes ago, ooxld said:

Giving us the stage times would be good. We'll just have to wait. Never really been keen on this stage in the past but this line up looks great this year.  so many potential clashes in my head already, think I'll just be winging it on each day as usual rather than over planning it. 

Looks like it's in alphabetical order so no idea how stage times will work

On 21/04/2018 at 12:09 PM, BeauSEJOURMusic said:

When do you think we'll be getting the line-up for the individual stages?!  I wanna plan out the Main stage/Big top clashes!!

I predict we will get some stage splits this week... as they were announces this week last year. But then the festival was a couple of weeks earlier last year... so maybe in  the next week or two. 

My first reactions looking at stage splits:
1) It will really test my love of Kasabian having to stand through The Script to see them 

2) Soul II Soul followed by Hacienda Classical might actually win out over Liam/Depeche 

3) Thursday seems a little underwhelming.  I really like The Wombats, but a tribute band followed by a DJ act? Might just watch the football instead. 

4) I CAN'T WAIT 

17 minutes ago, BeauSEJOURMusic said:

My first reactions looking at stage splits:
1) It will really test my love of Kasabian having to stand through The Script to see them 

2) Soul II Soul followed by Hacienda Classical might actually win out over Liam/Depeche 

3) Thursday seems a little underwhelming.  I really like The Wombats, but a tribute band followed by a DJ act? Might just watch the football instead. 

4) I CAN'T WAIT 

Bit gutted about the Chase & Staus / Kasabian clash (also the potential circa waves /chic clash)... the hacienda classical clash with depeche mode!! grrrr!!! at least we know travis are on after the killers.

I would rather stab myself in the ears that see the script haha 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Bit gutted about the Chase & Staus / Kasabian clash (also the potential circa waves /chic clash)... the hacienda classical clash with depeche mode!! grrrr!!! at least we know travis are on after the killers.

I would rather stab myself in the ears that see the script haha 

I've wanted to see Kasabian for so long that I might just have to put up with The bloody Script.