Isle of Wight 2018 Festival

RATM

13 minutes ago, JacquelineS said:

I have been listening to Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. and quite enjoying it.  I think I will enjoy the Festival overall. Taking the Big Green bus from London. It goes right to the Festival site so it's all good. :)

Yeah was looking at that.  Are there loads of different time options??  

Hi sisco. I have not seen a timetable yet. I think they will have a bus leaving from the Victoria Station -but they have other locations as well - which will be fairly easy to get to from the Airport. I just checked my reservation. Tickets are sent out via email one week beforehand. Hopefully the departure time will be announced prior to that. 

Edited by JacquelineS

4 hours ago, Havors said:

Very disappointed. Again. 

Nile Rogers is great but seen him about 6 times over the last few years festivals... just like the killers. 

Nothing at all there I would go and see on their own apart from circa waves but seen them a few times as well.

They are just recycling same fucking acts live nation used for v festival.  

Last year's line up looks more like a 50th than this. 

Hang on last years?!!! Rod Stewart, David Guetta, Run DMC!! Dear god.

have to disagree with you, genuinely think they’ve done a decent ish job this year 

1 hour ago, JacquelineS said:

Hi sisco. I have not seen a timetable yet. I think they will have a bus leaving from the Victoria Station -but they have other locations as well - which will be fairly easy to get to from the Airport. I just checked my reservation. Tickets are sent out via email one week beforehand. Hopefully the departure time will be announced prior to that. 

Yeah I’d go from Victoria just just trying to justify splashing out £300 for the coach and tickets Is hard at the minute 

I am somewhat underwhelmed tbh, and if I hadn't already got a locals ticket (going with my brother and family), this line-up would not tempt me.

After the R+L announcement and seeing what else is on this summer, no UK festival is really bringing anything at all special. I would have thought that the vacuum left by Glastonbury would have enriched all the other festivals but it doesn't seem so.

And then you look at the madness going on in Madrid and Lisbon and it really does pale...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sisco said:

Yeah I’d go from Victoria just just trying to justify splashing out £300 for the coach and tickets Is hard at the minute 

Cheap tickets are always on offer from people in the few weeks before. I think there'll be even more available this year with line-up lacking a big name crowd draw act. 

On 12/02/2018 at 11:18 PM, sisco said:

Hang on last years?!!! Rod Stewart, David Guetta, Run DMC!! Dear god.

have to disagree with you, genuinely think they’ve done a decent ish job this year 

Yes.... Run DMC (legends) Rod Steward (legend) David Guetta....( meh) Arcade Fire (fucking awesome) + Bastille, Nothing but Thieves, Cathfish Bottlemen, Clean Bandit, George Ezra, Scouting for Girls, Razorlight.... Excellent line up.

This year... the headliners are decent but the rest is a pile of shite apart from Chic. 

6 minutes ago, Havors said:

Yes.... Run DMC (legends) Rod Steward (legend) David Guetta....( meh) Arcade Fire (fucking awesome) + Bastille, Nothing but Thieves, Cathfish Bottlemen, Clean Bandit, George Ezra, Scouting for Girls, Razorlight.... Excellent line up.

This year... the headliners are decent but the rest is a pile of shite apart from Chic. 

Run DMC were awful....  Rod Stewart, Christ!

Hang on you’ve listed Clean Bandit, George Ezra and Scouting for Girls!!!!!!!! Ha.  Ok mate.  

Not much point questioning based on musical taste

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Run DMC were awful....  Rod Stewart, Christ!

Hang on you’ve listed Clean Bandit, George Ezra and Scouting for Girls!!!!!!!! Ha.  Ok mate.  

Not much point questioning based on musical taste

Yeah you aint gonna get anywhere debating  musical taste... dont be that guy.  :)

Edited by Havors

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

Nope, all about opinions

Indeed :D like arseholes... we all have one :D

I don't think its the worst lineup I've ever seen... but when you are marketing it as your 50th anniversary (when its not) and there is no wow factor whatsover, you are taking the piss a bit I think. 

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Indeed :D like arseholes... we all have one :D

I don't think its the worst lineup I've ever seen... but when you are marketing it as your 50th anniversary (when its not) and there is no wow factor whatsover, you are taking the piss a bit I think. 

so looking at all other fests,would you say they have stronger headliners.catfish headliners(great albums,but nothing special live) george ezra friendly fires franz libs(be good)  .ll seem to be sharing headliners except victorious and iow.think there a shortage of massive headliners in this country.no g days arctics qotsa etc.was hoping jack white as well or brian wilson.happy with kasabian liam d mode and killers chic chase and status dj van the man feeder hacienda blossoms judas manics  chezza crow and sure be others

3 hours ago, Havors said:

Are they? Are you John Giddings on a fake account? :D

Seriously though where you hear this? 

know john and some of team and media.could of sold the fest right out just with early cheap tickets,but had to keep amount back for gen sale.it will sell out

1 hour ago, retrokev said:

so looking at all other fests,would you say they have stronger headliners.catfish headliners(great albums,but nothing special live) george ezra friendly fires franz libs(be good)  .ll seem to be sharing headliners except victorious and iow.think there a shortage of massive headliners in this country.no g days arctics qotsa etc.was hoping jack white as well or brian wilson.happy with kasabian liam d mode and killers chic chase and status dj van the man feeder hacienda blossoms judas manics  chezza crow and sure be others

Well before other festivals started announcing the headliners looked a little disappointing by a 50th anniversary standard.... But now looking at the other UK festivals its looking very good by comparison. I am more disappointed with this second announcement... there are a bunch of bands touring and they have a poor selection for my taste (apart from Chic). 

I was expecting a couple from.... Chvrches, Friendly Fires, Everything Everything, Nothing but Thieves,  Django Django, The Wombats, The amazons, Nathaniel Raitliffe, Rudimental... 

I was praying for some Vampire Weekend, Foster the People, Tame Impala.... but knew they wouldn't be signed.

It really does seem like the whole UK festival scene has been shafted this year.... Mad Cool in Madrid has the lineup dreams are made of. Saying that I just seen Victorious and that is an overall very good lineup! 

7 minutes ago, Havors said:

Well before other festivals started announcing the headliners looked a little disappointing by a 50th anniversary standard.... But now looking at the other UK festivals its looking very good by comparison. I am more disappointed with this second announcement... there are a bunch of bands touring and they have a poor selection for my taste (apart from Chic). 

I was expecting a couple from.... Chvrches, Friendly Fires, Everything Everything, Nothing but Thieves,  Django Django, The Wombats, The amazons, Nathaniel Raitliffe, Rudimental... 

I was praying for some Vampire Weekend, Foster the People, Tame Impala.... but knew they wouldn't be signed.

It really does seem like the whole UK festival scene has been shafted this year.... Mad Cool in Madrid has the lineup dreams are made of. Saying that I just seen Victorious and that is an overall very good lineup! 

mad cool great and tempted to go.there are still to add at iow so may get some of groups you mention ,but vampire are a fest exclusive to another as are tame impala

1 hour ago, retrokev said:

know john and some of team and media.could of sold the fest right out just with early cheap tickets,but had to keep amount back for gen sale.it will sell out

Uh...cheap tickets are still available now. I know plenty of people who are waiting for them to stop selling them so they can sell their tickets on. Out of the 30 or so people I know who bought an early islander ticket, at least half of them are going to try and sell them on. 

Terrible line-up in my opinion. A joke in fact. The IOW fest is in desperate need of someone who has their pulse on what music is actually relevant. I don't think they have a clue. 

There is no way it will sell out. 

3 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Uh...cheap tickets are still available now. I know plenty of people who are waiting for them to stop selling them so they can sell their tickets on. Out of the 30 or so people I know who bought an early islander ticket, at least half of them are going to try and sell them on. 

Terrible line-up in my opinion. A joke in fact. The IOW fest is in desperate need of someone who has their pulse on what music is actually relevant. I don't think they have a clue. 

There is no way it will sell out. 

tickets are over 200 ,so how are they the cheap tickets.cheap ones sold out.seems you need to get your facts right before wading in.and if your friends sell then will still be sold and so no numbers lost

1 minute ago, retrokev said:

tickets are over 200 ,so how are they the cheap tickets.cheap ones sold out.seems you need to get your facts right before wading in.and if your friends sell then will still be sold and so no numbers lost

I do doubt it will sell out though. I think the ferry would prevent it selling out anyway.... that twatting thing sold out for southampton and portsmouth very quick (of daytime tickets). So now anyone wanting to get over handy on the thursday dont have a chance....