V Festival banning stage times?

Matt42

Not been to V for a couple of years but they always used to have stage times up on the welfare tent, and also on big screens by the main stages so it was always fairly easy to find out who was on and when. Plus with just 3/4 main stages and music running 12pm to 11pm it was reasonably easy to guess the band times

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, phil the shrew said:

Not been to V for a couple of years but they always used to have stage times up on the welfare tent, and also on big screens by the main stages so it was always fairly easy to find out who was on and when. Plus with just 3/4 main stages and music running 12pm to 11pm it was reasonably easy to guess the band times

Aye it's not like they don't publish the stage running orders months and months in advance, so unless there's something weird like that extended slot for Chic a few years ago you're going to be able to guess each set time within a margin of error of about ten minutes or so. And they flash up the stage times on the screens inbetween acts anyway.

On 15/07/2017 at 10:56 PM, arcade fireman said:

What a horrendous festival. If Glastonbury highlights the best of left wing values, then V is truly a festival fit for this Tory era.

Surely people can just have the information saved on their phones though? 

:rolleyes:

Phones wont work for everyone. I like to take an old PAYG Nokia instead of a smartphone. I'm not sure if I'm in the minority but I'm certainly not alone. Can't think of a practical way of storing the line up on one of those but if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears!

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Phones wont work for everyone. I like to take an old PAYG Nokia instead of a smartphone. I'm not sure if I'm in the minority but I'm certainly not alone. Can't think of a practical way of storing the line up on one of those but if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears!

You could write it in a draft text message and save it in your draft folder. Or send it to yourself so it's in your inbox. Would be annoying as fuck formatting wise though.

10 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Arrange for a telegram to be delivered to your tent confirming the set times?

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Arrange for a telegram to be delivered to your tent confirming the set times?

I would if I could DNB. That option wouldn't run out of battery, upset me if it goes missing or breaks. Part of festivals for me is isolation from the real world too, so I like being on a number that only my fest team have. It also saves my normal phone from being cluttered with festival friends.

Full disclosure though, I'm going to Boomtown later this year and fully expect to pay a tenner for the programme/line up. I'd rather do that than take anything more valuable. 

Edited by Tommy101

On 16/07/2017 at 7:54 AM, Nobody Interesting said:

The word pathetic is often misused. I don't think to use it to describe this is wrong though.

This is truly pathetic.

Fair play to Glasto not going down this route. Makes it stand out as something special more and more each year.

5 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I've just tried to find out the line up for camp bestival for each day (they sell day tickets) But it seems no one can tell me officially. So is this the same sort of thing? Large chance I am being simple though.

Do you mean this?

Day_Split_Poster_-_CB171.png

16 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Full disclosure though, I'm going to Boomtown later this year and fully expect to pay a tenner for the programme/line up. I'd rather do that than take anything more valuable. 

They also have the full day's line up on show at the info tents and most venues put theirs up outside - does V do anything like that or an app or anything, or is it entirely tight about it?

1 hour ago, frostypaw said:

They also have the full day's line up on show at the info tents and most venues put theirs up outside - does V do anything like that or an app or anything, or is it entirely tight about it?

Pretty sure they get announced in advanced. Don't think a major weekend fest would get away with only offering stage times once on site. 

Only fest I've actually been to that does that is Parklife, which is a complete turd gathering anyway. 

4 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Don't think a major weekend fest would get away with only offering stage times once on site. 

until about 10 years ago, absolutely none of them ever did.

And there's plenty of festivals - both big and small - that do their best to force punters to buy a programme so they know what's going on.

And i've been to at least two big & well-known festivals who do a better job at fleecing their customers than V does.

(*I won't mention them, but I know some people in this thread who are bitching go to them!)

Sneak in a pen an paper.

Then ring your parents who are stood by at Mission Control.

They ban then pass the information to you whilst you hidebround the back of a Portaloo.

Be prepared for some strange banter from your parents 

Dad - " What a stupid name for a band "

Mum - "Ooh I like him "

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

until about 10 years ago, absolutely none of them ever did.

And there's plenty of festivals - both big and small - that do their best to force punters to buy a programme so they know what's going on.

And i've been to at least two big & well-known festivals who do a better job at fleecing their customers than V does.

(*I won't mention them, but I know some people in this thread who are bitching go to them!)

That's true, I remember when clashfinder started, the times were all guesses based on previous years.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Btw they've now changed this from "unofficial merchandise and show times" to "unofficial merchandise and lanyards" on the banned items list because of all the confusion caused.

...which is almost disappointingly reasonable and unconfusable.