The Beauty of the Glastonbury Organisers

Hutchmaster

Had a quick scoot around and couldn't see this posted, apologies if it has been.

https://lifeonlauralane.wordpress.com/2017/07/11/an-open-letter-to-glastonbury-from-a-victim/

A woman who was sexually assaulted by members of her own Glasto group prior to the festival shares her story about the festival going above and beyond to help her out and ensure that she would be safe at Glastonbury.

Glastonbury really is a special festival, isn't it?

P.S. I got this off 's Twitter, and their tweet sharing the story was liked by Emily Eavis, in case people were in doubt of it. 

Edited by Johnkhutch

Holy shit. Thanks for sharing. What an amazing letter. Kudos to the girl for being brave and reaching out and not giving up on Glastonbury. 

But what an amazing response by the Glastonbury staff. What a magical place that is, made possible by those magical people! 

14 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

But what a bunch of c**ts her so called friends are. "Yeah, we know you were assaulted, we know it was people from our group but don't grass them up. If it ruins Glastonbury for us it's your fault".

c**ts.

there's nowt worse than the way friends give free-passes to one another. It's the very heart of c**tdom.

The abhorrent w*nk that is her group of 'friends' has been combated by the love and joy of the festival and it's organisers. I'm not sure if anyone truly 100% recovers form those sorts of ordeals but I hope that positive results from what could have been considered a risk (attending the same event) will be a catalyst in her recovery. Hopefully this can be a big part of a new beginning.

By the sounds if it there is lots of evidence against these stains, so hopefully old bill will do what they can with them too. 

38 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

But what a bunch of c**ts her so called friends are. "Yeah, we know you were assaulted, we know it was people from our group but don't grass them up. If it ruins Glastonbury for us it's your fault".

c**ts.

The only query I have over the whole - otherwise very moving story - is why the rest of the friends weren't immediately refunded and placed on a blacklist that ensures they never get sight of the festival for the rest of their days.

I saw this last night on twitter too and commented something along the lines of ...

for every bad person in the world there are way more good ones and it just goes to show that Glastonbury is so much more than "Just another festival"

The lassie is so very brave to do that.

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The only query I have over the whole - otherwise very moving story - is why the rest of the friends weren't immediately refunded and placed on a blacklist that ensures they never get sight of the festival for the rest of their days.

Can you imagine what a nightmare it would be for the festival if they seriously considered requests that were "can you please blacklist those people who've done something I don't like?" requests? If 'the law' isn't taking action to limit where they might come into contact then really the festival would be acting to exclude someone only on hearsay.

Going at it from the opposite side to help her feel safe, was, I think, the perfect response - but waaay beyond what I'd have expected any organisation to do. 

8 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

Had a quick scoot around and couldn't see this posted, apologies if it has been.

https://lifeonlauralane.wordpress.com/2017/07/11/an-open-letter-to-glastonbury-from-a-victim/

A woman who was sexually assaulted by members of her own Glasto group prior to the festival shares her story about the festival going above and beyond to help her out and ensure that she would be safe at Glastonbury.

Glastonbury really is a special festival, isn't it?

P.S. I got this off 's Twitter, and their tweet sharing the story was liked by Emily Eavis, in case people were in doubt of it. 

Just came across this story myself this morning. Really nice end to a shitty start.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Going at it from the opposite side to help her feel safe, was, I think, the perfect response - but waaay beyond what I'd have expected any organisation to do. 

Very true. 

Thanks very much for sharing @Johnkhutch.  

A great example of the value of being kind and thoughtful to those who are feeling fraught and vulnerable. 

I can't say how much it warms my cockles to know that such compassionate people are part of the festival which has been the key summer event of my life. 

There are some horrible low life's around, this story however shows that love can conquer hate. Well done to the organisers what a wonderful response from them. I hope this young lady takes this as a small victory against these low life's, while also being able to recognise that those so called "friends" ain't worth a second thought. To me their response and abuse are as bad as the actions of the perpetrators