TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe. Foos were the big shout for GSS but this first weekend puts them back in the reckoning here.

Would they nix an arena date for a sub? That's the sort of thing they only do for headliners init? Not that I think they could headline given they were support for Biffy last year.

Yeah you're probably right, was just a passing thought.

Foo's are a good shout though, could well be the reason the main weekend is earlier as much as the orange walk stuff.

3 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Opens up a lot more possibilities for acts with the main weekend earlier wouldn't be surprised if depeche mode or the national had their own night now. Wouldn't be surprised if they had a pop headliner as well now

Depeche Mode can't do either weekend, think The National could well be a sub though. I agree on the pop headliner too, Bruno Mars is about and could be an option, 5 days is quite expensive if they all appeal to similar crowds so having something a bit different could work well.

7 minutes ago, mazza7 said:

The Orange order seem to take priority over everything in Scotland :sorry:

I'd say DF seems to have done pretty well out of it.

Cos it looks to me that they bargained swapping weekends for having an extra couple of big shows, which means with the shared infrastructure costs they should be significantly more-profitable shows.

More interesting will be what TRNSMT decide to do with the dates going forwards. Do they run the fest on Glasto weekend and get access to the same acts but lose some of their potential audience, or do they push it to the weekend the other side of the bowler-hatted twats?

Edited by eFestivals

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Cos it looks to me that they bargained swapping weekends for having an extra couple of big shows, which means with the shared infrastructure costs they should be significantly more-profitable shows.

More interesting will be what TRNSMT decide to do with the dates going forwards. Do they run the fest on Glasto weekend and get access to the same acts but lose some of their potential audience, or do they push it to the weekend the other side of the bowler-hatted twats?

:lol:  Spot on Neil

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Yeah it certainly looks like they used the situation to their advantage.

Is that the same weekend as Community & the Liam Gallagher Finsbury thing? Like literally the exact days (with both Finsbury and here missing the Saturday?). It's Download that 2nd weekend too no?

EDIT: Oh im and idiot, assumed it was just the first weekend and then they added 2 days on the second weekend, but I think they planned it for 6/7/8 but then that march thing is planned right?

Still don't think Foos can make it for this, they have Rock am Ring on too close to the first weekend and tour dates for the later one (unless they do the Friday of the first week but I think it is unlikely). However, GnR could definitely fit in (after/before Download) and Liam is a good shout for the Sunday of the second weekend perhaps.

Edited by Mattymooz

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Is that the same weekend as Community & the Liam Gallagher Finsbury thing? Like literally the exact days (with both Finsbury and here missing the Saturday?). It's Download that 2nd weekend too no?

EDIT: Oh im and idiot, assumed it was just the first weekend and then they added 2 days on the second weekend, but I think they planned it for 6/7/8 but then that march thing is planned right?

Still don't think Foos can make it for this, they have Rock am Ring on too close to the first weekend and tour dates for the later one (unless they do the Friday of the first week but I think it is unlikely). However, GnR could definitely fit in (after/before Download) and Liam is a good shout for the Sunday of the second weekend perhaps.

Download is 3 weeks before the first of these weekends . 

Interested to see how this all comes together. Especially if Foos are involved. Do we think there'll be multiple stages for the 2nd weekend, or just Summer Sessions in July and different location?

Foo Fighters

Liam Gallagher

The Killers

///

Florence + the Machine or QOTSA

Gorillaz

Would be fine with me.

7 minutes ago, MichaelR1967 said:

Seen on another forum someone saying they've heard: Killers, Stereophonics / Liam Gallagher, Arctic Monkeys and then the following weekend is dance music...

Anyway, my guess is:

Foos / Killers / Noel 

Liam / QOTSA joint with Phonics 

If DF were gonna do a dance event, I don't believe they'd put it under the TRNSMT banner. One of the main things about it was the move back to a rock oriented line up.

As for your prediction it looks sensible enough apart from QOTSA/Stereophonics which doesn't really make much sense as a pairing. If Queens of the Stone Age needed another band then someone like Jack White or Nine Inch Nails - or more realistically Royal Blood :( - would be smart with Stereophonics playing support to one of the other days.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If DF were gonna do a dance event, I don't believe they'd put it under the TRNSMT banner. One of the main things about it was the move back to a rock oriented line up.

As for your prediction it looks sensible enough apart from QOTSA/Stereophonics which doesn't really make much sense as a pairing. If Queens of the Stone Age needed another band then someone like Jack White or Nine Inch Nails - or more realistically Royal Blood :( - with Stereophonics playing support to one of the other days.

Agreed, don't really believe it but just passing on what I seen. Yeah, Royal Blood sub to QOTSA and Stereophonics under Liam would make more sense actually.

18 minutes ago, mazza7 said:

Think the Foo Fighters are still unlikely. I'm guessing they'd need at least a full week to transport their tour rigs back to the States.

Well, if their first show is on the 7th of July, they can play the 29th or 30th of June and still have a full week. TBH I think they could play any of the dates on that first weekend and still get back in time.

3 hours ago, MichaelR1967 said:

Seen on another forum someone saying they've heard: Killers, Stereophonics / Liam Gallagher, Arctic Monkeys and then the following weekend is dance music...

Anyway, my guess is:

Foos / Killers / Noel 

Liam / QOTSA joint with Phonics 

I don't think think there is much chance of Noel or QOTSA/Phonics topping the bill.

13 hours ago, mazza7 said:

The Orange order seem to take priority over everything in Scotland :sorry:

Not really they’ve been marching the same weekend for as long as most of us were born through the city centre and ending up at the green.

There was no chance they were going to move dates or location.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2