Muppetmark

TRNSMT Festival 2018

Yup. We'll see the Calvin suggestions constantly but it'll never happen. Look out for a bi yearly Bellahouston show from him though.

Calvin Harris is the main reason TITP turned into a ned fest he should be the last person booked.

Quite liked Annie Mac and Danny Howard in the afternoon in the sun though would give them a couple of hours  completely diffrent from the shite edm Dj's.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, sp023 said:

Green Day, Foo Fighters, Florence and the Machine

FF have North America tour dates 12-29 July, with a day off here and there but it's just not gonna happen 

Not really the strongest lineup, but I would be very happy if it looked something along these lines.

Friday- Main stage: Arcade Fire, The Xx, Chvrches, Cage the Elephant, Amy MacDonald, Saint Motel, Prides 

Saturday- Main Stage: Arctic Monkeys, Liam Gallagher (like The 1975 last year with a special guest set), Royal Blood, The Vaccines, Wolf Alice, Slaves, Bad Suns 

Sunday- Main Stage: The Killers, Travis, Haim, Kaiser Chiefs, Foster The People, We Are Scientists, Sunset Sons 

11 hours ago, Richie95 said:

Not really the strongest lineup, but I would be very happy if it looked something along these lines.

Friday- Main stage: Arcade Fire, The Xx, Chvrches, Cage the Elephant, Amy MacDonald, Saint Motel, Prides 

Saturday- Main Stage: Arctic Monkeys, Liam Gallagher (like The 1975 last year with a special guest set), Royal Blood, The Vaccines, Wolf Alice, Slaves, Bad Suns 

Sunday- Main Stage: The Killers, Travis, Haim, Kaiser Chiefs, Foster The People, We Are Scientists, Sunset Sons 

Pretty solid Cage the Elephant and We Are Scientists would be very nice additions. Only changes I would make would be to put Royal Blood below Killers (don't think they'd play 3rd down) and maybe swap Kaiser Chiefs and Travis around.

13 hours ago, Richie95 said:

"Not the strongest lineup" *writes a really fucking strong lineup*

Wolf Alice 5th down? Yeah that isn't gonna happen lol

Depeche Mode announced to headline a festival in France on the Saturday of TRNSMT, looking at their dates they don't seem to do gigs on consecutive days so they seem pretty unlikely now.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Depeche Mode announced to headline a festival in France on the Saturday of TRNSMT, looking at their dates they don't seem to do gigs on consecutive days so they seem pretty unlikely now.

Yeah they don’t do gigs on consecutive days anymore.  Mr Gahan likes to protect his voice 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

sets them quite good for doing IoW by the look of things.

Who’d have thought!

Rolling stones just said that theyre playing more uk shows next year, wouldn’t rule them out for the friday

Edited by IsaacMuse

31 minutes ago, IsaacMuse said:

Rolling stones just said that theyre playing more uk shows next year, wouldn’t rule them out for the friday

:blink::lol:

When did they last play Scotland, and how big was the show...?

27 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

The National playing NOS Alive in Portugal the week after TRNSMT.

http://diymag.com/2017/11/10/the-national-first-act-for-nos-alive-2018

They're in Europe around the time, still a good shout for a sub.

I doubt it as TRNSMT is Live Nation and The National are all ready doing the AEG All Points East gig in London the weekend before

Moving to 5 days next year

Edit: I noticed Fall Out Boy don't have a Scottish date on their arena tour, potential sub for this?

Edited by kingcrawler

Kinda excited for this. Definitely changed due to the orange walk. I'm assuming some days will fit different vibes and won't just be like last Saturday and Sunday which was just full of popular rock bands

16 minutes ago, Calinho said:

Would imagine no summer sessions if they are filling 5 days?

Maybe. Foos were the big shout for GSS but this first weekend puts them back in the reckoning here.

25 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Edit: I noticed Fall Out Boy don't have a Scottish date on their arena tour, potential sub for this?

Would they nix an arena date for a sub? That's the sort of thing they only do for headliners init? Not that I think they could headline given they were support for Biffy last year.