TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

4 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Liam Gallagher's tweet not long ago saying he's "gonna round up the troops for something BIG nxt Summer", in reply to someone asking if there was a chance of another tour, sounded to me like he was just planning one big show, which would obv be Finsbury. No one else get that impression from what he said?

He announced a couple of big gigs in Belfast and Dublin this morning for next summer so definitely more than just Finsbury.

15 minutes ago, donnagiggles said:

Anyone know when the tickets go on sale? Also how many we can buy? 

I was thinking they go on sale end of Jan and we could buy 6

Thanks

We have no idea when they go on sale, there is a chance that the line up will be announced before 2018 and tickets will go on sale soon after the announcement

There was a presale to get early bird tickets back in July I think, but that’s sold out

hope this helps

Presumably they'd go on sale the Friday after the first headliner (or all of them) is announced.  I can't remember when the announcement was last year but have a feeling it was relatively late-ish. Would imagine it'll be earlier this year. 

Depeche Mode sound like a decent shout to me. Keeps the audience a bit more diverse

On 28/10/2017 at 2:38 PM, MattDavies__ said:

Presumably they'd go on sale the Friday after the first headliner (or all of them) is announced.  I can't remember when the announcement was last year but have a feeling it was relatively late-ish. Would imagine it'll be earlier this year. 

Depeche Mode sound like a decent shout to me. Keeps the audience a bit more diverse

Announcement was 1st Feb 2017. Hopefully it'll be a couple of months earlier for next year 

8 hours ago, ncoll1 said:

Anyone think Royal Blood might have a shot at headlining? Or even play as a "special guest"?

Think it's fairly likely reading and Leeds will get them to headline/co headline and probably get them on a UK exclusive but there's still a possibility Trnsmt may get them as a special guest 

This story has been in a few papers today. The below article is from The S*n so I won’t link for obvious reasons. Interesting to see how DF and the council tackle this one:

TRNSMT 2018 organisers face battle with Orange Lodge chiefs over parade date

ORANGE Lodge chiefs face a battle over their showpiece march — after a date and venue clash with Scotland’s newest music festival.

The annual parade is scheduled to pass through Glasgow Green the same day as 35,000 gig fans flock there for TRNSMT – the event launched to replace T in the Park.

But Lodge leaders claimed their event — which they insist is staged on the first Saturday of July — would not be stopped as authorities were warned of a security “nightmare”.

Robert McLean, executive officer for the Grand Orange Lodge in Scotland, said: “The march will definitely go ahead.

“Why should we change now because a pop festival has just appeared? Glasgow Green’s a public space.

“The council agreed years ago that they would always accommodate a march on the first Saturday of July. I’m sure a solution will be found.”

A fellow Lodge member said they would not “cave in”.

He added: “It’s a problem for the city council to sort out.

“Police Scotland won’t be able to cope with the two events at the same time, we’ve been told, so something is going to have to give.”

A source close to both events said: “Neither have formal planning at this stage.

“They are both willing to compromise so that both events go ahead in the park that day.”

Last night Glasgow City Council and TRNSMT organisers DF Concerts refused to comment. Cops said: “Any event will be policed appropriately.”

6 hours ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Can't see the council skewing with festival plans to make way for a march which always ends up in violence and is more hassle for the police 

It doesn't always end up in violence and you can guarantee the orange lodge will dig there heals there's 100% no chance they will move dates.

Not everyone's cup of tea but al give it a bash....

Friday

Main- Liam G/Faithless /Stereophonics/Wolf Alice/The Amazons

King Tuts-New order

Saturday

Main-Muse /Madness/Royal blood /Franz Ferdinand/Heavan 17

King Tuts-Happy Mondays 

Sunday

Main-Prodigy/The XX /Blondie /Bastille/Shed seven/The specials

King Tuts-Gerry Cinnamon 

Edited by Threestripes

On 27/10/2017 at 1:14 PM, eFestivals said:

i reckon (it's a guess, nowt more) Liam is going to be one of the headliners, just on the basis that he's doing a big show for Live Nation (who own DF) a week before TRNSMT. 

That one seems to make perfect sense to me right now.

(so it's probably wrong :P).

Take it Titp is done is there no other word on anything to take its place up here?

Wish the lads that done rockness would get there finger out they could make a killing now.

9 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Not everyone's cup of tea but al give it a bash....

Friday

Main- Liam G/Faithless /Stereophonics/Wolf Alice/The Amazons

King Tuts-New order

Saturday

Main-Muse /Madness/Royal blood /Franz Ferdinand/Heavan 17

King Tuts-Happy Mondays 

Sunday

Main-Prodigy/The XX /Blondie /Bastille/Shed seven/The specials

King Tuts-Gerry Cinnamon 

Too many older acts on there, I feel. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Take it Titp is done is there no other word on anything to take its place up here?

Wish the lads that done rockness would get there finger out they could make a killing now.

Can't remember where I seen it but I'm  certiain i read that it won't return till 2019/2020 as they had a 4/5 year lease with strathallan castle and can't host it elsewhere till the lease is over.

On 31/10/2017 at 1:08 PM, DownboundTrain52 said:

Too many older acts on there, I feel. 

That was the idea wasn't it? Get rid of the neds who sat drinking and fighting in the campsite until the EDM headliner came on. Go back to real bands with a fan base more interested in the music than getting swedgered up and fighting.

Anyone checked Calvin Harris tour schedule next year?  hahaha

I was praying/hoping for a Foo Fighters/QOTSA/Royal Blood day but Foo's tour shattered that. More likely to see them at Summer Sessions now given lack of stadium tour in Scotland. 

5 hours ago, Cocky19 said:

Anyone checked Calvin Harris tour schedule next year?  hahaha

I was praying/hoping for a Foo Fighters/QOTSA/Royal Blood day but Foo's tour shattered that. More likely to see them at Summer Sessions now given lack of stadium tour in Scotland. 

I don’t think they’ll have any acts like Calvin Harris/ Avicii 

they are trying to avoid acts like them, looks like there heading in a rock direction vs dance and rap etc