Muppetmark

TRNSMT Festival 2018

anyone think there's a possibility in them releasing more day tickets (specifically for the 1st) when the tickets come out tomorrow? very naively hoping but just wanted to see what others thought

33 minutes ago, euando said:

anyone think there's a possibility in them releasing more day tickets (specifically for the 1st) when the tickets come out tomorrow? very naively hoping but just wanted to see what others thought

When weekend tickets don't sell out they'll release more day tickets for LG and AM probably.

• Like 1

Anyone know fro last year if the VIP tickets were worth it? Were the VIP bars any quieter/quicker to get served?

Edit: Just went for regular tickets for Queen. Well, Golden Circle ones seeing as they were only £15 more (despite the hypocrite that makes me). 

Edited by Tartan_Glasto

23 hours ago, MinionDave said:

Wont be a need, this day will sell very well, downside is that i think we'll get quite a few that'll want to roll up late in the day for just Texas & Queen so could be a bit quiet rest of the day.

Reckon you'll get a sizeable chunk in for The Darkness; the ideal Queen-aping support act if there ever was one.

Might sound like a bold claim but if this wasn't in Scotland, I could see Texas and The Darkness swapping spaces on the bill. The latter are probably a more natural lead-in and entertaining warm-up for Q+AL's brand of overblown pomp and circumstance (which I mean as the highest of compliments :D)

I was only there on the Radiohead night and the bars and toilets were all pretty quiet........but then the whole place seemed pretty empty.  In fact based on that I'm a bit surprised it's even going ahead this year.

6 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Anyone know fro last year if the VIP tickets were worth it? Were the VIP bars any quieter/quicker to get served?

Edit: Just went for regular tickets for Queen. Well, Golden Circle ones seeing as they were only £15 more (despite the hypocrite that makes me). 

I considered Gold Circle but thought that any GC in central Glasgow is probably just prime cannon fodder for the "beer" cup missiles.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, judyblue110 said:

I considered Gold Circle but thought that any GC in central Glasgow is probably just prime cannon fodder for the "beer" cup missiles.

Haha yeah possibly! My thinking is that I can stand towards the back of the golden circle area so I can have a bit of space while still not being too far from the stage. Although I know some other folk that now may be going and they're not going to get GC tickets so I may not even use the GC area when it comes to it!

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I was only there on the Radiohead night and the bars and toilets were all pretty quiet........but then the whole place seemed pretty empty.  In fact based on that I'm a bit surprised it's even going ahead this year.

I was at the Radiohead day and it was really quiet don't think it sold well but the kasabian day was twice as busy, hour long bar queues and was a sell out thats why Trnsmt is still going and they've already sold out two days already and I'm predicting the killers day to sell out and Queen day to sell well

Radiohead last year they struggled to get 35k in for it and a lot were leaving early, technically a great band but did not do it for me live.

Kasabian was a sellout at 50K and most stayed to the end, happy to finally actually see then at the 5th attempt.

ta, D

They’ve now included Bruno Mars as part of the TRNSMT ticket sales. Must be needing a boost to sales to one or the other.

3CDAAEB7-2CD8-4DE2-9482-60E1EA91359D.jpeg

Edited by Tartan_Glasto

46 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

They’ve now included Bruno Mars as part of the TRNSMT ticket sales. Must be needing a boost to sales to one or the other.

3CDAAEB7-2CD8-4DE2-9482-60E1EA91359D.jpeg

It’s mad that Stereophonics aren’t in one of those name deals. Stereophonics can’t be selling quicker than The Killers, shirley? 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It’s mad that Stereophonics aren’t in one of those name deals. Stereophonics can’t be selling quicker than The Killers, shirley? 

TRNSMT appear to be treating weekend 1 and weekend 2 as separate festivals. I’m going to the 2 Sunday’s, but there wasn’t a ticket combo for those two days. The only ticket which combines the weekends is the 5 day ticket.

You’re not saving much on those deals anyway, a couple of quid per ticket plus fees.

I would appear to have a ticket for Queen day. Didn't think I'd be back at TRNSMT but that day appeals for some reason.

I saw Queen with Freddie 3 times, and latterly with Paul Rodgers and Adam Lambert. The Queen & AL show was a much better approximation of the old Queen gigs than the PR shows, which felt nothing like one. I'd love to see them again at a festival but can't make this (hopefully Glasto soon).

34 minutes ago, Chiefski said:

I'm tempted by that setlist just for the drunken singalong it'll produce tbh

That's a big priority for me at a festival. If there's no mad singalongs for me, I'm not interested.

On 3/9/2018 at 3:38 PM, Paulmcm1998 said:

I was at the Radiohead day and it was really quiet don't think it sold well but the kasabian day was twice as busy, hour long bar queues and was a sell out thats why Trnsmt is still going and they've already sold out two days already and I'm predicting the killers day to sell out and Queen day to sell well

I think they were referring more to the VIP section than the festival overall. I thought the bars at the Radiohead day got pretty busy towards the evening but I imagine the next day was busier. 

On 3/9/2018 at 4:36 PM, MinionDave said:

Radiohead last year they struggled to get 35k in for it and a lot were leaving early, technically a great band but did not do it for me live.

Kasabian was a sellout at 50K and most stayed to the end, happy to finally actually see then at the 5th attempt.

ta, D

I do remember seeing some people leave early (although it still seemed pretty packed) but I also heard from people who got tickets mainly for Kasabian only to be blown away by Radiohead. 

Anyone doing QOTSA to Arctic Monkeys? How are you if you are, I am stuck!

On 10/03/2018 at 1:47 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

#jamfest

Think that’s the same set I saw last year. Don’t think they mix the set list up at all.

There’s still a few bangers missing - One Vision, You’re My Best Friend, Flash

It's vaguely tied in to the 40th anniversary if News of the World, innit. Lack of songs by John 'Deaky' Deacon isnt really a massive shocker.  FWIW when I saw them a couple of years back they started off with One Vision.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's vaguely tied in to the 40th anniversary if News of the World, innit. Lack of songs by John 'Deaky' Deacon isnt really a massive shocker.  FWIW when I saw them a couple of years back they started off with One Vision.

what you mean is: it's mostly songs from the shit-queen years. :P