TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

46 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

They’ve now included Bruno Mars as part of the TRNSMT ticket sales. Must be needing a boost to sales to one or the other.

3CDAAEB7-2CD8-4DE2-9482-60E1EA91359D.jpeg

It’s mad that Stereophonics aren’t in one of those name deals. Stereophonics can’t be selling quicker than The Killers, shirley? 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It’s mad that Stereophonics aren’t in one of those name deals. Stereophonics can’t be selling quicker than The Killers, shirley? 

TRNSMT appear to be treating weekend 1 and weekend 2 as separate festivals. I’m going to the 2 Sunday’s, but there wasn’t a ticket combo for those two days. The only ticket which combines the weekends is the 5 day ticket.

You’re not saving much on those deals anyway, a couple of quid per ticket plus fees.

I saw Queen with Freddie 3 times, and latterly with Paul Rodgers and Adam Lambert. The Queen & AL show was a much better approximation of the old Queen gigs than the PR shows, which felt nothing like one. I'd love to see them again at a festival but can't make this (hopefully Glasto soon).

On 3/9/2018 at 3:38 PM, Paulmcm1998 said:

I was at the Radiohead day and it was really quiet don't think it sold well but the kasabian day was twice as busy, hour long bar queues and was a sell out thats why Trnsmt is still going and they've already sold out two days already and I'm predicting the killers day to sell out and Queen day to sell well

I think they were referring more to the VIP section than the festival overall. I thought the bars at the Radiohead day got pretty busy towards the evening but I imagine the next day was busier. 

On 3/9/2018 at 4:36 PM, MinionDave said:

Radiohead last year they struggled to get 35k in for it and a lot were leaving early, technically a great band but did not do it for me live.

Kasabian was a sellout at 50K and most stayed to the end, happy to finally actually see then at the 5th attempt.

ta, D

I do remember seeing some people leave early (although it still seemed pretty packed) but I also heard from people who got tickets mainly for Kasabian only to be blown away by Radiohead. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's vaguely tied in to the 40th anniversary if News of the World, innit. Lack of songs by John 'Deaky' Deacon isnt really a massive shocker.  FWIW when I saw them a couple of years back they started off with One Vision.

what you mean is: it's mostly songs from the shit-queen years. :P

On 3/9/2018 at 7:11 PM, dentalplan said:

Maybe so. And don't call me Shirley.

It does seem a weird one, given that I'd have thought Chvrches as main support alone would have shifted around 6,000, 7,000 tickets in Glasgow. If there'd be no Glasgow date in November, I'd have expected The Killers to have comfortably sold out sharpish, as they did with Hyde Park.

Weird one to call. Mind you, Bruno headlining an outdoor show that size also seemed a little generous when announced; didn't think 24K Magic was doing much. That said, Finesse has been a decent sized hit since and the newly announced support bill of Dua Lipa, Average White Band and DNCE should shift a few more punters in. 

(Still not particularly understanding of the Dua Lipa hype but hey ho.)

34 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Maybe so. And don't call me Shirley.

It does seem a weird one, given that I'd have thought Chvrches as main support alone would have shifted around 6,000, 7,000 tickets in Glasgow. If there'd be no Glasgow date in November, I'd have expected The Killers to have comfortably sold out sharpish, as they did with Hyde Park.

Weird one to call. Mind you, Bruno headlining an outdoor show that size also seemed a little generous when announced; didn't think 24K Magic was doing much. That said, Finesse has been a decent sized hit since and the newly announced support bill of Dua Lipa, Average White Band and DNCE should shift a few more punters in. 

(Still not particularly understanding of the Dua Lipa hype but hey ho.)

Might have something to do with the killers already touring and playing two stadium tours in summer also they are at other festivals 

3 hours ago, Jane gibbons said:

Might have something to do with the killers already touring and playing two stadium tours in summer also they are at other festivals 

Only a pair of stadium shows though, and neither are exactly going to pull Scottish punters away. That said, there's a case to be made for the Bolton date curtailing folk travelling up the M6 for it.

How Stereophonics are selling has nothing to do it, although they did a cracking job of selling the arena tour so they probably ARE selling well. Makes much more sense to tack Bruno Mars to the second weekend as that's the one it's closest too though. Three gigs at Glasgow Green, all two days apart from each other.

On 3/18/2018 at 12:24 PM, DomDom1984 said:

How Stereophonics are selling has nothing to do it, although they did a cracking job of selling the arena tour so they probably ARE selling well. Makes much more sense to tack Bruno Mars to the second weekend as that's the one it's closest too though. Three gigs at Glasgow Green, all two days apart from each other.

stereophonics to bring the classics liam to bring the slow songs arctics to bring the indie queen and the killers   to bring the hits

• 2 weeks later...