TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

13 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

Killers on the Sunday. There is music on the Saturday but it's through the Glasgow streets, and it'll be bald, middle-aged men singing about things that happened 400 years ago.

Nice sweeping generalisation which is utter bollocks ;)

Add the  50 k + people watching it like they have for decades why should they stop for a 1 year old festival???

Heard next year the OO have compromised and moving to bellahouston so it’s all good.

• Downvote 4

5 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Add the  50 k + people watching it like they have for decades why should they stop for a 1 year old festival???

Heard next year the OO have compromised and moving to bellahouston so it’s all good.

That all sounds great, what do I need to do to sign up/get involved?

17 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Make that 50k people parading the streets of Glasgow singing about killing roman catholics

Fuck yourself 

• Upvote 2

It’s taken 39 pages but finally a thread about a Scottish music festival has descended into sectarian chat. Good work folks!

Back to the last headliner... I’m running out of ideas since Muse aren’t playing anywhere apparently.

Since they aren’t playing Reading, do we think Royal Blood could feesibly headline with a decent support?

1 hour ago, chickenfire said:

Back to the last headliner... I’m running out of ideas since Muse aren’t playing anywhere apparently.

Since they aren’t playing Reading, do we think Royal Blood could feesibly headline with a decent support?

I’ve been thinking about that as well, I just don’t think they’re big enough, they would’ve made a great sub to Muse, but I think the last headliner will be Florence 

40 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

Surprised to see Justin Timberlake announcing a 2nd date at The Hydro for Friday 6th July, clashing with the unannounced TRNSMT date.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see a placeholder announcement (even of the support acts, if not the headliner) in the next few days to counteract.

I’m not sure who they’d be announcing that would put Timbetlake fans in two minds about it, looking at who’s been announced so far. Different target audiences, really.

25 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'm pretty sure it'll be Kings of Leon.

As for Fall Out Boy, I can see them and Panic doing the Edinburgh Summer Sessions gig.

KOL make more sense for GSS, surely? Unless there’s only the one gig this year. I feel like we’d know by now if Kings of Leon were around earlier than August.

3 hours ago, Claire96 said:

FOB struggled to sell out arenas the last time in Scotland I think? Their last two records haven't done that brilliantly, and I don't know anyone my age or younger who still listens to them. 

I was holding all my hope out on Muse, so I'm stumped.

Fall Out Boy haven't been able to sell out an arena ever....

7 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Fall Out Boy haven't been able to sell out an arena ever....

Oh I know! The last big tour of the UK they did was an arena tour & I have no idea why anyone thought it was a good idea, but apparently they still have a big enough audience according to R+L organisers. 

16 hours ago, Claire96 said:

Oh I know! The last big tour of the UK they did was an arena tour & I have no idea why anyone thought it was a good idea, but apparently they still have a big enough audience according to R+L organisers. 

FOB are a strange one these days - in terms of trying to figure out what their target live audience would be. Save Rock and Roll was a solid pop rock record with songs that fitted in well with their back catalogue, but yeah, their new albums are quite a departure from that, in their quest to remain mainstream, and they'll have lost some fans.

They were excellent supporting Biffy at GSS a couple of years back tbf.

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

I find this whole thing strange and can't think why they haven't released the line up for the 6th.  It's baffling how they can try and punt 5 day tickets without even a hint of who's playing that day.  

Completely agree. It's not like they have a huge amount of time to unload 5 day tickets. Very very strange. Unless they've not finalised the final headliner, which would be ridiculous at this point in time, or they've got a huge act that's going to sell a shitload of tickets in a short period of time.

Edited by Claire96