Muppetmark

TRNSMT Festival 2018

21 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Any idea who the last headliner is? Assuming they're shite if not announced yet.

I've heard both Muse and Florence's name been thrown around. Whoever it is is playing Rock Wertcher too as both are holding a headliner back still

Just now, Mattymooz said:

I've heard both Muse and Florence's name been thrown around. Whoever it is is playing Rock Wertcher too as both are holding a headliner back still

TRNSMT and Werchter's are both missing headliners for the same day so it's not an act playing both. Those two are probably the biggest they could get at this point.

35 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Any idea who the last headliner is?

nope, soz

32 minutes ago, Alpha Kenny 1 said:

Has the Arctic Monkeys day for TRNSMT already sold out? Or has just the first batch of tickets been released so far? 

Sold out, I think.

I doubt the last bands shit because they’ve not announced it yet, I may be wrong

but TRNSMT this year have taken a while between announcements

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

They announced Editors and The National for TW Classic on the 14th of July. Would love to see both bands added to the line up for TRNSMT.  

12 hours ago, Alpha Kenny 1 said:

Has the Arctic Monkeys day for TRNSMT already sold out? Or has just the first batch of tickets been released so far? 

Initial day tickets have sold out. If 5 and 3 day tickets don't sell out there will be more made available. Keep an eye on it and you'll likely get one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, IsaacMuse said:

I doubt the last bands shit because they’ve not announced it yet, I may be wrong

To be fair, All Points East held back Catfish and the Bottlemen who are, subjectively speaking, shit.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

To be fair, All Points East held back Catfish and the Bottlemen who are, subjectively speaking, shit.

They were probably sorted last rather than held back. 

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They were probably sorted last rather than held back. 

Yeah I think that is the case - they would actually get a good reception from TRNSMT goers based on other acts compared to APE where the two consecutive headliner announcements were Nick Cave then Catfish

10 hours ago, DHG123 said:

Queen and Adam Lambert? Playing London 1/2 July...

Would love this, but would they do it when they can sell out the Hydro with tickets going at £80 minimum?

39 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Would love this, but would they do it when they can sell out the Hydro with tickets going at £80 minimum?

Who knows, depends what they might get offered I guess.

Anybody see their sponsored post on fb saying 'your 4 headliners are here' seems weird as there should he 5. I'm probably just reading to much into it though. 

On 10/02/2018 at 7:59 AM, tori1607 said:

Anybody see their sponsored post on fb saying 'your 4 headliners are here' seems weird as there should he 5. I'm probably just reading to much into it though. 

I’ve seen it too, I even had to check that Friday 6th was still on their website because I wouldn’t put it past DF to just quietly shelf it if they couldn’t find a headliner.

I think we’ll get an announcement this week because it’s got to be impacting the other ticket sales (people holding off buying until they know the Friday in case it’s more to their tastes).

Anyone know what security is like at the gates, it's my first time at the festival and me and a few mates plan on bringing smoke bombs for the saturday

• Downvote 3

On 10/02/2018 at 7:59 AM, tori1607 said:

You are 

It's just the same as most other gigs/festivals, random searches.

However, having had to deal with the aftermath of smoke bombs, flares, fireworks and the like i'd just ask you to think about it before you go full-on "tw@t-mode" and use things like this.  It's not fun dealing with the burns or asthma attacks they can and do cause.

Also getting caught with 'em will get you ejected, in a rather unpleasant manner, or worse arrested under a public disorder charge.

Just my $0.02 worth, they look great but are not worth the risk or trouble they cause (really they aint, dealing with someone who's hand was stuck to a flare with the skin melting around it is not nice).

ta, D

• Like 4
  • Upvote 8

2 hours ago, LG X said:

Anyone know what security is like at the gates, it's my first time at the festival and me and a few mates plan on bringing smoke bombs for the saturday

...and it officially becomes T in the Park. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

After seeing the R&L line up, anybody think Kings of Leon might play? Not that I want them to, but the thought is crossing my mind now.

39 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

After seeing the R&L line up, anybody think Kings of Leon might play? Not that I want them to, but the thought is crossing my mind now.

They don't seem to be touring again until August. I think they will most likely play The Summer Sessions instead.