TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

17 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Purely speculation, but I feel like the final headliner might be a Scottish act.

Feel like Travis wouldn't have a big enough pull even if they're doing The Man Who in full. Paolo Nutini could be a decent possibility as previously suggested. Think it'd be pretty feasible them booking him as a headliner, with Travis supporting playing The Man Who.

It’s going to be the prodigy mate

5 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Last year it was just a simple ticket scan and then you were expected to keep your ticket on you at all times 

Wristband would be better since its less chance you will lose it, especially if its a weekend ticket and a souvenir for the customer. Bit pointless having a ticket which can be easily go missing.

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Wristband would be better since its less chance you will lose it, especially if its a weekend ticket and a souvenir for the customer. Bit pointless having a ticket which can be easily go missing.

Yeah i never understood it either my dad had a weekend ticket last year  and paid extra for a lanyard sort of ticket from what i remember. I can't see them doing wristbands cause its a non camping festival and i didn't see a single person having to show their ticket in the arena anyway so i wouldn't be too worried if you lost your day ticket 

3 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Yeah i never understood it either my dad had a weekend ticket last year  and paid extra for a lanyard sort of ticket from what i remember. I can't see them doing wristbands cause its a non camping festival and i didn't see a single person having to show their ticket in the arena anyway so i wouldn't be too worried if you lost your day ticket 

How do you get a lanyard ticket? I have a two day for LG/Courteeners and AM. Would be better having it safer than just scrunched in my pocket...

46 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

How do you get a lanyard ticket? I have a two day for LG/Courteeners and AM. Would be better having it safer than just scrunched in my pocket...

I checked payment options this year and it doesnt appear to be an option. If you have a printable ticket I'd just print them twice 

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Get there ridiculously early before so called AM fan girls that know two songs. Like get there 11 when it opens at 12. 

i feel you can easily get into a good position on the LG day if you try get passed the barrier during wolf Alice. AM I'd presume people will just stand at mainstage all day for a good spot but Interpol may make loads go to the king tuts stage for Sigrid as i don't think they really fit the day

18 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

i feel you can easily get into a good position on the LG day if you try get passed the barrier during wolf Alice. AM I'd presume people will just stand at mainstage all day for a good spot but Interpol may make loads go to the king tuts stage for Sigrid as i don't think they really fit the day

How do you get passed a barrier is it like a walk round it? Is it easy to?

19 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

How do you get passed a barrier is it like a walk round it? Is it easy to?

At the beginning if of the day it’s very easy to get in the front section but really at the third act or so it’s pretty difficult

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Also do you get there early to be in the front part as there is a segregation barrier it looks like... @IsaacMuse @Paulmcm1998

Edited by IsaacMuse

50 minutes ago, tori1607 said:

Thoughts on catfish and the bottlemen as the Friday headliners or too small? They've announced some pretty big shows during the summer with nothing in Scotland so far. 

Don’t really think they’d headline, may sub but I don’t know how many acts TRNSMT will want to book again who played last year. 

10 hours ago, tori1607 said:

Thoughts on catfish and the bottlemen as the Friday headliners or too small? They've announced some pretty big shows during the summer with nothing in Scotland so far. 

They are not really touring this summer - just a few one-off shows to keep themselves in the limelight it seems. 

If they bring out a commercially successful album before the end of the year then they will be absolute stick-ons to headline next year.