TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Snow Patrol are elsewhere, as are Gorillaz.

Did someone else say Mumfords are elsewhere? Checked their site and it says they're free. I'd be worried.

I think you can rest easy.  Apparently their Szigit appearance is thankfully a European festival exclusive

8 minutes ago, moams said:

It’s run by the same people who ran T in the Park

I think the whole idea of having it in the centre of a city without camping was to get away from the Calvin Harris audience.  Think EDM is pretty much ruled out

5 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I think the whole idea of having it in the centre of a city without camping was to get away from the Calvin Harris audience.  Think EDM is pretty much ruled out

That’s fair enough, just an idea as not too sure who else the final headliner could be 

8 minutes ago, moams said:

That’s fair enough, just an idea as not too sure who else the final headliner could be 

Me neither, I guess Jack White could maybe do it (although he's playing Rock Werchter the next day). Muse seem more likely by the minute (unless they plan to book Kasabian or Biffy again). 

1 hour ago, moams said:

It’s run by the same people who ran T in the Park

And they’ve learned their lessons from it. TITP basically got shut down because of Calvin Harris fans overdosing on dodgy Christian Benteke’s, so they’ve moved to what is more like a collection of open air gigs with no camping. I’d be stunned if we see Calvin at TRNSMT anytime soon. Although look for a biannual Bellahouston Park homecoming gig from him. 

1 hour ago, danz026 said:

And they’ve learned their lessons from it. TITP basically got shut down because of Calvin Harris fans overdosing on dodgy Christian Benteke’s, so they’ve moved to what is more like a collection of open air gigs with no camping. I’d be stunned if we see Calvin at TRNSMT anytime soon. Although look for a biannual Bellahouston Park homecoming gig from him. 

Thats fair enough. Sticking to the Scottish acts though what about Twin Atlantic making an appearance at some point over the two weekends?

21 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Doesn't look like selling out the AM day... @eFestivals Will it sell out and if so how long as I need to sell two as my parents got me a Sat/Sun ticket for LG and AM and I got two AM tickets, only way I can sell without losing money is a sell out.

I don't think anyone can tell you if and when it will sell out. It might not sell out til a lot closer to the time. 

Knock a fiver off each of the tickets and post it on the FB events page if you want to sell them sharpish. If not, just hang off a bit.

Edited by Tartan_Glasto