TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

17 minutes ago, Red Day said:

That’s beyond shite. They’ve had a look at the crap that’s played T over the years and thrown together  all the shite of the day. Prem Inn booked for that day about to be cancelled. Stereophonics a headliner..jesus wept

Would be surprised if Mr Harris headlines one day

It looks like the same fucktard booking the acts who ruined Titp is doing his best to ruin trnsmt after a year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Threestripes said:

Would be surprised if Mr Harris headlines one day

It looks like the same fucktard booking the acts who ruined Titp is doing his best to ruin trnsmt after a year.

Absolutely. I take it they realise V has just gone under churning out shit line ups like this. They don’t seem to have learned

• Like 1

Just a weird announcement. It has T in the Park written all over it. Like it makes no sense what pop fan that likes the script and Jessie J and James Bay is going to want to see the stereophonics they are a great band but too small to be a headliner and besides James Bay none of the acts before them fit their sound. I thought the first announcement was a let down this is just horrendous.

3 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Just a weird announcement. It has T in the Park written all over it. Like it makes no sense what pop fan that likes the script and Jessie J and James Bay is going to want to see the stereophonics they are a great band but too small to be a headliner and besides James Bay none of the acts before them fit their sound. I thought the first announcement was a let down this is just horrendous.

Probably late-30’s/early-40’s folks who aren’t big music buffs, to which all those acts appeal. Stereophonics are the kinda lumpen guitar band that they were always likely to book at TRNSMT and this line up is actually much more complementary to their fans’ tastes than stuff like modern, less mainstream acts they were touted to share the bill with.

Except that it’s a bit weak I don’t see what they’ve done wrong here, and there was always likely to be one or two days that have a bargain bin headliner when they expanded to five days.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I thought most people realised it was just T in the Park in a new hat back in January when they announced Kasabian, Catfish and George Ezra. :dontknow:

I think the addition of Radiohead last year threw people in to thinking it was gonna be a somewhat cool festival. Although this is a particularly terrible bunch of TITP-esque acts they've decided to go with, all on one day.

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think the addition of Radiohead last year threw people in to thinking it was gonna be a somewhat cool festival. Although this is a particularly terrible bunch of TITP-esque acts they've decided to go with, all on one day.

I thought that when Radiohead were the first act rumoured and The Cure were also linked. Then the line up came out and Radiohead were on three hours after Rag'N'Bone Man. :lol:

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s the hope that kills you :-)

Todays announcement is a shocker. 

20 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

After today's announcement what are people expecting the other three headliners to be? I reckon Gorillaz, Florence and the machine and Green day but after the recent announcements that seems too good to be true

After today’s announcement? Wheatus, Dodgy and Let Loose.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Am I right in thinking The Killers and Foos can both only do the Sunday of the first weekend now?

I think The Killers will do that and Foos will do Summer Sessions when they return in August for R&L.

Second weekend - QOTSA with special guests Royal Blood, and maybe Florence for the final one.

The Killers can do the second weekend too, though they're probably the best fit in terms of selling weekend tickets out of the likely names remaining.