TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

Where I was the sound was pish for the acoustic numbers but fine for the rest of it. Adam Lambert was surprisingly good. That golden circle can fuck off for good though. Shit idea and not suitable for festivals. I was at 2nd for most of the day with just the odd excursion to the back right of main . Electric Pyramid and Mason Hill were finds of the day for me.

Killers at Tuts will be fantastic. The temperance movement gig was tremendous. For those wondering about start times they started bang on midnight and we got 90 mins. The walk was ok and not too bust once you hit Central Station and up. It will be a walk too, zero chance of a taxi etc then.

• Upvote 1

Listening to some Gang Of Youths on the coach up, and it's super obvious these boys loooove The Killers. They're pretty decent tbf.

Still just don't really get Friendly Fires. They're ok but not got high hopes for their set.

But yeah today's gonna be great. Looking forward to hopefully hearing Midnight Show at the midnight show. 8)

Edited by Odessa

On 7/6/2018 at 3:59 PM, Odessa said:

Nice. Looks walkable then, might head off halfway through the last song just to be safe and get ahead of the crowd a bit. Especially as it'll be Mr Brightside or WYWY which we'll hear live again within a couple of hours. :lol:

If you watch the last song from the back and they go off at 10:50 then you’ll be at tuts by 11:30 no probs.

Youve got a couple of route options but straight along the river back into the city is probably the most straight forward. Devil mans right, forget about a taxi.

Enjoy :-)

1 hour ago, TobTent said:

Would also like to know this! Just asked about it and was told another £60 to get in the golden circle! Can see it being fairly empty for the killers... 

It's looking pretty empty now, you could have a full picnic going on in there. Complete nonsense. 

To ask people to pay more to stand closer to the front of the stage at a festival is seriously taking the piss. Hope geoff and his cronies at DF realise this and bin it next year

Edited by Red Day

16 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Think it'll be back to 3 days next year. 5's just a tad too much, think it showed this weekend.

It's way too much. Watching on the TV there is plenty of space for the Killers. 

Why do it Friday and Sunday night this week and not Friday and Saturday? 

Not only is it 5 nights, but they are pulling Bruno Mars' gig on Tue or Wed as being part of a ticket deal. It's also on the Green.

12 minutes ago, Peanutsinger said:

Not only is it 5 nights, but they are pulling Bruno Mars' gig on Tue or Wed as being part of a ticket deal. It's also on the Green.

Friday and Saturday this weekend would've been better but we all know why that wasn't possible :P

They've just confirmed next years dates on twitter. Back to 3 days. Was always going to be the case.

14 minutes ago, Peanutsinger said:

Cos of the Orange Walk. They couldn't do Saturday of this weekend so they expanded it to two weekends with the Saturday missing.

They've managed to agree that the march is moved next year so the whole weekend can go undisturbed, but I don't know how they're gonna have six headliners and sell it well.

Sorry all for not replying, just got back! Had a mate who went early, about half 1, and on entry he got given free golden circle and said there were VIP tickets on offer as well. He said they were being given out during Franz Ferdinand at the golden circle entrance (right of main stage) so we went and hung around there after Franz Ferdinand and they were all gone. Bit annoying because I bought my ticket 9am the day they went on sale but I only got there at about 3 so... bit of a joke 

The Golden Circle debacle was shocking yesterday. The fact it was half empty for most of the day acted as an atmosphere vacuum. Was really looking forward to seeing Jessie Ware and Friendly Fires but standing further back in a crowd that were disinterested because of the distance just killed the vibe. You know it’s bad when the artists themselves mention it. Jessie Ware said “can you lot at the back not come down here? Is that not allowed?”.

Yeah golden circle was nonsense yesterday. Great day otherwise though.

Chvrches were immense, great to see them grow from TITP Transmissions stage in 2013 where Lauren was practically hiding behind the mic stand to last night where she owned every inch of the stage. Definite shout to headline with another album bangers under their belts in 2-3 years.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, devilman said:

Sniffer dogs were pretty busy eh? I saw quite a few people being led of to the tent for further inspection and there was barely a queue when I went in so I wasn't there for long!

Never saw one last weekend at all.

Thanks @Comfy Bean and @Red Day for the advice, I did see it yesterday but didn't have time to reply. I made it to King Tuts well in advance. :)

Had an absolutely horrible ten minutes outside the venue, mind. Ticketmaster was telling me I'd put in an incorrect password even though my browser had it saved and it was definitely right. The e-tickets were on my account and couldn't get to them. Fella on the door wasn't arsed either so i was really panicking; I'd have never got over missing that gig. Turned out I needed to to reset my password cos of some data leak so ended up ok. But yeah I'd recommend printing off barcodes in future even if you've got e-tickets, I'm always doing that from now on.

They came out straight into Midnight Show which was incredible. And then Enterlude. Amazing. They probably did too many hits that they'd already played at TRNSMT but I've not got the cheek to moan about that gig haha, it didn't matter at all. The floor was bouncing throughout. I've not been at anything like that before, it's so so great the band do things like that for their fans. It's surreal being in a moment you know you're gonna remember in 50 years. 

Their TRNSMT set was great too and a surprisingly decent crowd too. Better than when I saw them up here a few years ago, and waaaaayyy better than Hyde Park last year. I didn't know about the wristbands thing and didn't try to go to the front all day until The Killers, so couldn't get in there. It's an absolutely stupid system but I didn't really care last night, I woulda done usually though.

Day started a bit slow. Gang Of Youths were ok but kinda lame. Friendly Fires were absolutely horrendous, can't put my finger on what it is about them but they're really annoying. 

Chvrches and Franz Ferdinand were both really good, especially the former. It felt like they were the wrong way around on the lineup though; the crowd was way busier and more receptive for Franz. Take Me Out went off.

Anyway, would happily go back to TRNSMT. It was great being able to walk straight to the bar whenever. No idea what the fuck they were doing at Finsbury Park last week to get it so wrong on that front. 

Edited by Odessa
  • Like 1