TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

1 hour ago, Neontiger90 said:

For the likes of Liam and AM,  how was it for getting pretty close? I'm just wanting to be reasonably central and maybe in the first section for The killers set.  

Will be at the main stage for friendly fires, Franz Ferdinand & Chvrches anyway, it's just whether it's possible to dive off for a beer, some food & a piss at points and still get sort of close for the headliners. 

We were just inside the front enclosure for AMs. Rocked up about 20mins before they started pretty easily. Was a bit of a crush with people pushing in 2-3 songs in (Don’t Sit Down in particular) but it subsided once that died down. There’s urinals on each side of the front enclosure too, managed to get to one and back in the space of 1 song.

44 minutes ago, pl187 said:

Surprised they’re doing it for Sunday as I’d heard they were satisfied with how it was selling but I guess they’d rather have folk in there spending money on food/beer in the sun than have than full ticket income. I’d love to know what the Queen numbers were like prior to this/Itison deal though.

Cheers for that info. Helps that there's urinals either side so not too far a walk. 

As for the Queen day, apparently the numbers are/were worryingly low in the lead up to last weekend. Doubt we'll see a headliner of that ilk again at TRNSMT. Hopefully the ticket deals they've had on has helped shift a lot more, plus this week folk might still have a buzz from last weekend so will fancy going along which will boost sales a bit. 

Worryingly low? They've sold 7.5k half price tickets and now they are doing 2 4 1 on ticketmaster???? They must have sold about 12 full price tickets and I think I know everybody that bought one. I should get VIP access and direct access to the front of bar queues for buying a full price ticket :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neontiger90 said:

Cheers for that info. Helps that there's urinals either side so not too far a walk. 

As for the Queen day, apparently the numbers are/were worryingly low in the lead up to last weekend. Doubt we'll see a headliner of that ilk again at TRNSMT. Hopefully the ticket deals they've had on has helped shift a lot more, plus this week folk might still have a buzz from last weekend so will fancy going along which will boost sales a bit. 

Yeah, between that and Radiohead being the lowest selling day last year I can see them moving back towards the typical TITP headliners from now on and to be honest you can't really blame them when those days seem to sell much better.

36 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah, between that and Radiohead being the lowest selling day last year I can see them moving back towards the typical TITP headliners from now on and to be honest you can't really blame them when those days seem to sell much better.

I think it was always going to be ambitious to shift 300,000 tickets (including the Bruno Mars show) over both weekends, especially when there is an extended Summer Sessions programme next month too.

I think it will almost certainly be back to 3 days next year so I wouldn't rule another left field headliner.

21 hours ago, devilman said:

Worryingly low? They've sold 7.5k half price tickets and now they are doing 2 4 1 on ticketmaster???? They must have sold about 12 full price tickets and I think I know everybody that bought one. I should get VIP access and direct access to the front of bar queues for buying a full price ticket :) 

Agreed.  There must only be a few of us with the £65 quid tickets

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Half hoping that when I show up with a full price golden circle ticket I’ll just get a Vip upgrade haha

That crossed my mind as well.  Be bloody decent of them to do that.  Think the itison tickets need to go with a code or voucher so a physical ticket might come with a reward!!

6 minutes ago, tori1607 said:

Anyone else get tickets to the killers at king tuts? I'm so buzzing for it. 

Yeah I couldn't believe it when I got the email about it this morning. I've never been there before but it looks tiiiiiny. Ridiculously excited. A few rarities are all but guaranteed, look up the setlist they did in London at the Garage after the Wembley gig. Gonna be special.

I felt mean not putting the link on here but for such a small venue it really woulda been lowering my chances. There was only one mention of the gig on Twitter before it went on sale, and nothing came up on Google.

Saw The Killers on July 8 last year. Twice on July 8 this year. July 8 2019 is shaping up to be amazing.

2 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Yeah I couldn't believe it when I got the email about it this morning. I've never been there before but it looks tiiiiiny. Ridiculously excited. A few rarities are all but guaranteed, look up the setlist they did in London at the Garage after the Wembley gig. Gonna be special.

I felt mean not putting the link on here but for such a small venue it really woulda been lowering my chances. There was only one mention of the gig on Twitter before it went on sale, and nothing came up on Google.

Saw The Killers on July 8 last year. Twice on July 8 this year. July 8 2019 is shaping up to be amazing.

Yeah got a fan club email and couldn't believe it. I've been tweeting them for years to do an aftershow there. Still not seen much about it online. I'm honestly so excited. Tiny venue. 300 or so  

2 minutes ago, tori1607 said:

Yeah got a fan club email and couldn't believe it. I've been tweeting them for years to do an aftershow there. Still not seen much about it online. I'm honestly so excited. Tiny venue. 300 or so  

I'm assuming you're going to TRNSMT in the day as well? Not really sure what to do afterwards, will we need to rush over do you think? I'm guessing they won't be on til about midnight hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I'm assuming you're going to TRNSMT in the day as well? Not really sure what to do afterwards, will we need to rush over do you think? I'm guessing they won't be on til about midnight hopefully.

Yeah I'd say midnight at the earliest. Tends to be a bit later I think with these aftershows. 

6 minutes ago, tori1607 said:

Yeah I'd say midnight at the earliest. Tends to be a bit later I think with these aftershows. 

Nice. Looks walkable then, might head off halfway through the last song just to be safe and get ahead of the crowd a bit. Especially as it'll be Mr Brightside or WYWY which we'll hear live again within a couple of hours. :lol:

28 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Nice. Looks walkable then, might head off halfway through the last song just to be safe and get ahead of the crowd a bit. Especially as it'll be Mr Brightside or WYWY which we'll hear live again within a couple of hours. :lol:

Haha yeah. I'd say half hour walk. About 1.5 miles. So excited. 

The sound was shocking at Queen tonight. We were stood just past the sound desk and could barely hear a thing. Chants of ‘turn it up’ going around the crowd every few minutes. The band seemed on form and the crowd were so up for it, we just couldn’t hear it!