TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

18 hours ago, Neontiger90 said:

What's the sound like? Few folk I know who went last year said the main stage sound could've been turned up a tad.  

My experience of Main Stage so far is that it could do with being a turned up more for the early acts but has been fine for the top 3 each day. I've been in the Golden Circle for most acts though so don't know about further back.

Just back, cracking day!

Arctic Monkeys nailed it really superb show. Was really there to see them and Interpol, thought all the acts were pretty good, weather really helped.

thought the whole setup worked really well, considering one of the days next weekend now

Just for anyone that cant use internet searches, BBC iPlayer link to all the sets:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p04r9yt8

Sound was OK from what i heard when wandering about, agreed it's a bit lower early on, but thats just so there are no (or less) complaints & it stays withing noise at work regs across the full day and it can then be turned up later.

Stage looks to be very slightly further back that last year and the secondary barrier & mixing tent are now joined, not sure if better or not, just different.

Looking forward to Friday when i'll be there as a punter and finally seeing Queen, one for the bucket list as I've always missed them before.  If VIP ticket sales are poor they can easily move the secondary barrier forward to make the area smaller, would only take an hour to do with 4~6 guys, keeping it looking busy or just let normal punters in (wrist band when first entering).

ta, D

2 hours ago, MinionDave said:

Just for anyone that cant use internet searches, BBC iPlayer link to all the sets:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p04r9yt8

Sound was OK from what i heard when wandering about, agreed it's a bit lower early on, but thats just so there are no (or less) complaints & it stays withing noise at work regs across the full day and it can then be turned up later.

Stage looks to be very slightly further back that last year and the secondary barrier & mixing tent are now joined, not sure if better or not, just different.

Looking forward to Friday when i'll be there as a punter and finally seeing Queen, one for the bucket list as I've always missed them before.  If VIP ticket sales are poor they can easily move the secondary barrier forward to make the area smaller, would only take an hour to do with 4~6 guys, keeping it looking busy or just let normal punters in (wrist band when first entering).

ta, D

Please tell me there isnt a section at the front for all days for VIP?

I’m pretty sure it’s only Queen that have sold Golden Circle tickets. Not sure if regular VIP tickets get into it that?

For folks that have been, how strict they being on taking a bag? Want to take a backpack purely for carrying a hoody, sun cream and water bottle to refill. 

Edited by Tartan_Glasto

Keep the bag as small as you can as it'll likely be emptied or a good rummage through it when you get there to check it, also there are separate Qs for bag searching so it might take you a bit longer to get in.

It's only Queen that have a ticketed Golden Circle, for the other days it's just the same space but no checks and when it's full it's full, based on the last days it'll hold about 10~12 thousand unless it's changed.

ta, D

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I’m pretty sure it’s only Queen that have sold Golden Circle tickets. Not sure if regular VIP tickets get into it that?

For folks that have been, how strict they being on taking a bag? Want to take a backpack purely for carrying a hoody, sun cream and water bottle to refill. 

Bags everywhere yesterday, it will be searched, took a couple of minutes no drama 

Anyway it's great to see Interpol and Blossoms had long enough to play 15 songs each. I'm probably only going to bother going in for the final three acts (The Killers, Chvrches and Franz Ferdinand) next week cos the rest of the day is gash, but I'll still easily get my money's worth.

3 hours ago, Odessa said:

Anyway it's great to see Interpol and Blossoms had long enough to play 15 songs each. I'm probably only going to bother going in for the final three acts (The Killers, Chvrches and Franz Ferdinand) next week cos the rest of the day is gash, but I'll still easily get my money's worth.

It's the best day ya shite.

Edited by dentalplan

11 hours ago, Odessa said:

May I recommend Jessie Ware, Friendly Fires and Lucia. All brilliant acts.

26 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

What are the queues like for bars?

Wasn’t too bad during the day on Sunday (5mins max for beer/cider, 15mins for other drinks) but got bad before the Monkeys came on. Had a friend wait 20mins for a beer and another who waited 40mins for a spirit/mixer.

For the likes of Liam and AM,  how was it for getting pretty close? I'm just wanting to be reasonably central and maybe in the first section for The killers set.  

Will be at the main stage for friendly fires, Franz Ferdinand & Chvrches anyway, it's just whether it's possible to dive off for a beer, some food & a piss at points and still get sort of close for the headliners.