TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

49 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Pretty annoying for anyone who stumped up full price

Ach....maybe if you just bought them yesterday or something, but better than the gig getting canned due to low sales, or the total brasser of going along and the place having tumbleweeds blowing around in it.

Happens a lot at British Summer Time.  Was it Blur where they had to sell off loads of tickets for a fiver?

49 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Pretty annoying for anyone who stumped up full price

Really annoying!

Thought Queen would be a decent draw but the fact they had a gig in Glasgow so recently and were announced so late on has probably caused slow sales.

6 minutes ago, mazza7 said:

Really annoying!

Thought Queen would be a decent draw but the fact they had a gig in Glasgow so recently and were announced so late on has probably caused slow sales.

Texas are a poor sub-headliner too - last time they played t in the park they were 3rd or 4th down on the NME stage.

12 minutes ago, mazza7 said:

Really annoying!

That would be my suspicion.  Plus there's probably only a maximum number of fence-sitters who're willing to take a gamble on the Adam Lambert show.

2 hours ago, devilman said:

Queen + AL confirmed, if it was ever needed after Sonisphere, as the worst festival headline draw ever. This is their last UK festival for sure.

I've been predicting them to headline Download. Can't be much worse a draw than KISS would be, right?

Edited by dentalplan

8 hours ago, devilman said:

Queen + AL confirmed, if it was ever needed after Sonisphere, as the worst festival headline draw ever. This is their last UK festival for sure.

to fair, they did far better at IoW.

But I agree they're not really festival-suitable. Fans of not-really-Queen want to see them with all the creature comforts, and not no creature comforts.

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

to fair, they did far better at IoW.

But I agree they're not really festival-suitable. Fans of not-really-Queen want to see them with all the creature comforts, and not no creature comforts.

The way this was priced will make it interesting. If ticket sales have been so poor they are giving away half price normal tickets, the golden circle or whatever it’s called is going to look prerty daft if it’s half empty. Be difficult to remove the more expensive vip bit and just open things up as normal as some will have paid a premium price to be nearer the front 

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I've been predicting them to headline Download. Can't be much worse a draw than KISS would be, right?

You still see a lot of KISS patches and T shirts at Download. You don't see any Queen ones. Queen were just a bit too mainstream to appeal to the Download massive I reckon. Personally I'd take Queen every time over that crappy disco band but hey that's just me. I'm hoping Adam Lambert doesn't annoy me too much at TRNSMT seeing as I paid full price. 

1 hour ago, devilman said:

You still see a lot of KISS patches and T shirts at Download. You don't see any Queen ones. Queen were just a bit too mainstream to appeal to the Download massive I reckon. Personally I'd take Queen every time over that crappy disco band but hey that's just me. I'm hoping Adam Lambert doesn't annoy me too much at TRNSMT seeing as I paid full price. 

Maybe a little unfair to use that metric seeing as KISS are the kings of the merch game but perhaps you're right. If Q+AL struggle to draw in their own fans to festivals and KISS are fairly popular with cats already inside the gates then I suppose they could well win out.

On 6/8/2018 at 9:27 AM, RarerThanDandyB said:

Right, I had a hotel booked for 1st July on the Monkeys day but instead I am staying with my friends. It costs £50 for the night and seems quite nice and know availability is low in accommodation. If you are interested message me. Wanted to offer before cancellation.

Edited by Mr Carbohydrate
Wrong post

On 6/14/2018 at 1:22 PM, RarerThanDandyB said:

I am really getting in to Interpol as I will see them at TRNSMT, does anyone know what setlist they would do since their last tour entailed the one album with a few songs like Evil and Slow Hands to make it up, any help would be appreciated since I want to know songs to make it more entertaining, thanks.

I made a playlist in prep for sunday, should about cover their set!