TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

The Coral and Echo and the Bunnymen just announced shows with no Scottish dates. I'm actually guessing Echo and the Bunnymen will join the Edinburgh Summer Sessions, but I could see The Coral joining the 8th.

James on tour at the moment. I could see them playing on the 6th.

3 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

The Coral and Echo and the Bunnymen just announced shows with no Scottish dates. I'm actually guessing Echo and the Bunnymen will join the Edinburgh Summer Sessions, but I could see The Coral joining the 8th.

James on tour at the moment. I could see them playing on the 6th.

The Coral playing in Killie in November.

Im surprised James are not at Trnsmt as they were never away from T. Not sure if connected but seeing them on the Thursday of Electric Fields at Dumfries in August.

Hi folks, new member and first-timer to TRNSMT this year on The Script Friday.  Going with my wife who is disabled, and I have a couple of questions if anyone could help...

What time will the first acts be going on stage at, roughly?  We'll be spending the day at the Main stage.

Has anyone ever used the accessibility platform for disabled people?  Is it raised enough so that people in wheelchairs can see the stage?  Also, are you able to get on and off the platform at will?  We both like a smoke, but I hear that it isn't allowed on the platform...

Finally, i assume food and drink is stupidly expensive?  How bad is it?

Thanks for any help.

3 hours ago, Glas said:

Hi folks, new member and first-timer to TRNSMT this year on The Script Friday.  Going with my wife who is disabled, and I have a couple of questions if anyone could help...

What time will the first acts be going on stage at, roughly?  We'll be spending the day at the Main stage.

Has anyone ever used the accessibility platform for disabled people?  Is it raised enough so that people in wheelchairs can see the stage?  Also, are you able to get on and off the platform at will?  We both like a smoke, but I hear that it isn't allowed on the platform...

Thanks for any help.

Welcome hope you enjoy TRNSMT. Firstly acts usually start around 1 o'clock and headliners will finish usually by 11. Guessing that you are mainly there to see the Script they'll most likely start around 7ish. I didn't use the disabled platform and don't recall seeing it. So I'm unable to give advice on that. Food is your standard like festival price £7 or £8 a meal and pints being around £5 or £5.50

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Welcome hope you enjoy TRNSMT. Firstly acts usually start around 1 o'clock and headliners will finish usually by 11. Guessing that you are mainly there to see the Script they'll most likely start around 7ish. I didn't use the disabled platform and don't recall seeing it. So I'm unable to give advice on that. Food is your standard like festival price £7 or £8 a meal and pints being around £5 or £5.50

This is all spot on. I don’t remember seeing a disabled platform either but there will be one. Doubt things will change much from last year if you can find an old map on the website.

In case your not familiar with Glasgow......if you don’t need to be in early, it’s worth considering food and a few beers in merchant city before you head in. Enjoy :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Thanks Paul, great info.  Trying to find even basic info about TRNSMT is a 'mare, the app is practically useless other than it shows the running order for the acts.

In case you're ever wondering, the disabled platform is at the back left as the acts look out from the stage.  Or at least, it was on last year's map ?

55 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

This is all spot on. I don’t remember seeing a disabled platform either but there will be one. Doubt things will change much from last year if you can find an old map on the website.

In case your not familiar with Glasgow......if you don’t need to be in early, it’s worth considering food and a few beers in merchant city before you head in. Enjoy ?

Thanks Comfy Bean I actually lived in The Calton, about 150yds from the main stage itself, for 25 years so I'm pretty familiar with the area lol.

We'll probably just get there early as we're being dropped off by a relative.  Just need to fill up before we get there, and suck up the drinks prices I guess :)

Thanks for the input though, much appreciated.

On 5/28/2018 at 9:52 AM, Glas said:

All based on last year, but unlikely to change much this time from what I've seen, the wheelchair platform is big enough for around 20-ish with seats available for the +1's so you will be able to sit with your wife, worst case you might be sitting behind her if it's busy.  it's just stage-left of centre and perhaps 150m out from the stage.

There was also accessible porta-potties at the back of this where the ramp is and the whole section has security on it, it's a great view from on it when sitting down (was up there a few times last year for a look-around).  Down the ramp and just outside you can have a smoke, as no-one will be standing directly behind it anyway.

As it's a city centre park getting around is quite good, a lot of tarmac paths that you can use.

Food is just normal, expect £5 for just a burger, £7~8 for something bigger/better, but i never had any of the van foods so cant say how good it was.

ta, D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MinionDave said:

All based on last year, but unlikely to change much this time from what I've seen, the wheelchair platform is big enough for around 20-ish with seats available for the +1's so you will be able to sit with your wife, worst case you might be sitting behind her if it's busy.  it's just stage-left of centre and perhaps 150m out from the stage.

There was also accessible porta-potties at the back of this where the ramp is and the whole section has security on it, it's a great view from on it when sitting down (was up there a few times last year for a look-around).  Down the ramp and just outside you can have a smoke, as no-one will be standing directly behind it anyway.

As it's a city centre park getting around is quite good, a lot of tarmac paths that you can use.

Food is just normal, expect £5 for just a burger, £7~8 for something bigger/better, but i never had any of the van foods so cant say how good it was.

ta, D

Thanks Dave, exactly what I wanted to know :)

4 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Confirmed that we get less for our money this year: no Jack Rocks stage on the map

AEF041D1-71E4-4D5E-B131-6147DFF06628.jpeg

That's disappointing, I'm guessing it relied on the sponsor's money.

On the plus side there looks like 2/3 more bars this year, the queues on the Saturday last year were ridiculous

Right, I had a hotel booked for 1st July on the Monkeys day but instead I am staying with my friends. It costs £50 for the night and seems quite nice and know availability is low in accommodation. If you are interested message me. Wanted to offer before cancellation.

Thanks.

Hi, 

It says you can view the times of the acts on the TRNSMT App but it won't show on mine for some reason. Does anyone have a screenshot of the timings for Sunday 2nd please? I really want to see Nothing but thieves but our train wont get into Glasgow until about 2pm.  

44 minutes ago, Pearly7 said:

Hi, 

It says you can view the times of the acts on the TRNSMT App but it won't show on mine for some reason. Does anyone have a screenshot of the timings for Sunday 2nd please? I really want to see Nothing but thieves but our train wont get into Glasgow until about 2pm.  

I can't see times on the app yet but judging by the fact they are the 4th act of the day they probably won't be on til 4 or 5pm 

3 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I've not seen them say anywhere that the set times are on the app yet.

There's an option for 'Stage Times' but it just gives a list, no actual times.

What time are first acts likely to be on the main stage?  Chvrches and FF are listed as first on Sun 6th and I'm bricking it that I might not get there in time now.  Flight due in at 1125 Sunday morning.  Had assumed they'd be on later in the day so I'd have enough time to get into the city and dump my bag at the hotel.

25 minutes ago, Dave Z said:

What time are first acts likely to be on the main stage?  Chvrches and FF are listed as first on Sun 6th and I'm bricking it that I might not get there in time now.  Flight due in at 1125 Sunday morning.  Had assumed they'd be on later in the day so I'd have enough time to get into the city and dump my bag at the hotel.

Neither Chvrches or FF will be first on, ignore it.

3 hours ago, Dave Z said:

Not sure how reliable this is: https://clashfinder.com/s/trnsmt2018/ but I reckon it's pretty close.

• Upvote 1