TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

10 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

I’ll probably end up going, but it just seems such a mismatch to the rest of the lineup. Especially the supporting acts that day too, they’re clearly aiming this day at an older clientele than the other days.

And being part of older clientele I’m going to go to that day.  B)

Ah bugger, that day looks amazing. I went and bought Justin Timberlake tickets for that night instead expecting them to announce something I wasn't interested in. Thats going to be a fantastic singalong day. 

Ah well, Killers day it is. 

On 03/03/2018 at 10:15 AM, Stuart1000 said:

Not with the clientele TRNSMT attracts. Wouldn’t be traditional Queen fans or traditional festival goers so I don’t quite know how it would sell.

Not to mention, Queen could sell out these shows off their own back (with inflated ticket prices compared to TRNSMT).

They clearly haven't settled on their clientele quite yet!

Depending on work, could be tempted to make the big journey north for this one. Q+AL are outrageous fun live, though Dr May does love his guitar to be five times louder than everything else in the sound mix.

The Darkness are always a laugh as well, given that they gave up on seriously committing anything post-Permission to Land in these sort of live slots. Imagine that'll dovetail nicely with their Hollywood Vampires support slot.

29 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Big Brian May walloping out the opening riff of Tie Your Mother Down is the kind of dumb fun that summer nights are called for.

Shame Big Brian and Big Michael cannot resolve their badger related differences because they’d absolutely slay a headline slot at GF.

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Shame Big Brian and Big Michael cannot resolve their badger related differences because they’d absolutely slay a headline slot at GF.

I dunno if they quite qualify in their current incarnation.  It's still only 50% of the band.  Would be a cracking Sunday afternoon though.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I reckon they could still do the Sunday night, get the locals down for one big party.

They could do it in terms of having the songs and the show and providing a good night out for anyone who went, but it'd still be 6 months of grief for Emily and Michael as people helpfully point out that Freddie's Dead.

4 hours ago, Red Day said:

And being part of older clientele I’m going to go to that day.  B)

It's now highly possible that I will be there for Queen Friday. I'll only just be back from Ramblin Man but what the hell, there's no pockets in shrouds.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What time did it finish most nights last year?

I seem to recall Radiohead finishing late (so I had to miss the end of it), but did it normally wind up about 11?

Biffy and Kasabian ended about 11ish but Radiohead got till midnight

Fridays can run to midnight with the later start as well, Sat/Sun only to 11 but start an hour earlier.  times done so not to annoy the locals with noise off-site after midnight.

Had heard that this missing day was going to be more Scottish-band orientated, but happy as never seen Queen (even if it's not the full/original lineup) and like Texas (brings back memories from chatting to them in the Volcano club at Partick cross, happy days).

Going to be a long 10 days of events in the green........

ta, D