TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

1 hour ago, White Bear said:

Swedish House Mafia just updated their facebook picture..

They haven't, have they...

Month build up to UMF. If so I'd also guess Cream will either get them announced after UMF or there will be a big outdoor UK show as it would sell without issue.

I'd not be shocked to see Ibiza grab a couple of dates either. Very random thing if not.

Edited by thewayiam

1 hour ago, judyblue110 said:

Could it be Queen and Adam Lambert? They seem to be gradually adding dates (added Dublin this week) and there's a gap on July 6th.

Not with the clientele TRNSMT attracts. Wouldn’t be traditional Queen fans or traditional festival goers so I don’t quite know how it would sell.

Not to mention, Queen could sell out these shows off their own back (with inflated ticket prices compared to TRNSMT).

14 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Is that the Liam G day ?

Still think Chvrches, FF, Killers is a fair shout for £60. I take it that isn’t sold out ?

Yeah that's the LG day.

Still tickets available for the Killers day. Only the LG and AM days sold out so far.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Don’t know if Imagine Dragons were ever in the running for the 6th but last night they said “See you next year”. So would seem to put them out. 

I think someone may have mentioned them in passing. The list of acts who could do the 6th is ever-dwindling it seems.

35 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Arcade Fire were kind of dismissed, but they must be realistic by now if they're not doing anything else.

They were dismissed because they still hadn't sold out the second tier (or even standing tickets) at a Hydro gig ten weeks before TRNSMT - and still haven't.  Apart from that, they are playing in Milwaukee on 8 July.

53 minutes ago, WFD said:

They were dismissed because they still hadn't sold out the second tier (or even standing tickets) at a Hydro gig ten weeks before TRNSMT - and still haven't.  Apart from that, they are playing in Milwaukee on 8 July.

What site are standing tickets still available on?

59 minutes ago, WFD said:

I know why they were dismissed. But I get the feeling that if they HAD been available, they'd make a more appealing headliner than an empty stage.

That said, CatB are probably a more appealing prospect to DF than them.

2 hours ago, WFD said:

Think standing are gone but not sure if stage set up has reduced this ? ( by not sure I mean no idea )

I couldn`t justify paying £60plus at the Hydro....on a Monday night but was hoping that I might be able to get in on the night for about half that.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

What site are standing tickets still available on?

Ticketmaster, I've just re-checked just now.  They added some on another date, I noticed recently, so maybe they've added more for the Hydro.

4 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I know why they were dismissed. But I get the feeling that if they HAD been available, they'd make a more appealing headliner than an empty stage.

That said, CatB are probably a more appealing prospect to DF than them.

It's the same maths though, if they can't shift more than 10,000 tickets for their own show it would take a hell of an undercard to make it a respectable crowd outdoors, when people have got four other days to pick and choose from at the same time.  I'm not slagging them btw, and I'm going to the Hydro gig.

4 minutes ago, WFD said:

Ticketmaster, I've just re-checked just now.  They added some on another date, I noticed recently, so maybe they've added more for the Hydro.

I see. Yeah I think they sold out standing across the tour on the day but have since added some more, I was just checking which site so I could find out whether there were some more somewhere for Manchester. :P

I agree they couldn't really get away with Arcade Fire headlining Glasgow Green. Glasgow seems like a tough market for most acts so they have to really try and go as just for general type bands, so DF are probably justified if they prefer Catfish to Arcade Fire as Dom suggested they might.

It's getting so late to announce anyone now though. They may be as well knocking down the prices if it is just a filler.

1 minute ago, chickenfire said:

Just saw that on Facebook, the comments are a great read :lol:

seems like an odd choice, not sure anyone with a 5 day ticket will be happy with the line up as a whole now

I think it's just your Calvin Harris brigade unhappy at it.

Might be an odd booking but it’s much stronger than anyone was expecting so fair play to them for that. I reckon that will sell pretty well. 

To be honest they’ve done a good job overall given they’ve had to scramble two extra days out of it, only the Stereophonics day seems particularly weak and even then they’ll still sell a reasonable amount of tickets.