TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

2 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

Heading into March with still no word on final headliner.

If they weren’t still selling 5-day tickets, I’d have assumed they quietly canned it.

It’s either going to blow everyone out of the park or be unbelievably weak at this stage.

Unbelievably weak for sure.

Makes me wonder why they didn't just do the 3 day festival n have the Killers play just a standalone show the week after like Bruno Mars is. Possibly someone dropped out but can't think who.

39 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

Heading into March with still no word on final headliner.

If they weren’t still selling 5-day tickets, I’d have assumed they quietly canned it.

It’s either going to blow everyone out of the park or be unbelievably weak at this stage.

Either canned or unbelievably weak. 99% certain they won't blow us away. 

It's all extremely strange, not even a single hint of "your 5th headliner will be announced soon" or anything. I would've thought they'd pull 5 day tickets pretty quickly, unless a lot of people have forked out for those & they're struggling to get that final headliner, which would be surprising if that was the case. 

The only big "headlining" bands that have albums/tracks due out in the next while that haven't announced any UK dates to my knowledge are Muse (they've said they're not doing UK shows this year, so they're out,) Thirty Seconds To Mars & The 1975 (I know they subbed last year so I'm doubtful.) Paramore were also in my head for a bit, and their Hydro show in January was excellent, but unless the rest of the day is incredible, I can't see it selling out.