TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I've heard both Muse and Florence's name been thrown around. Whoever it is is playing Rock Wertcher too as both are holding a headliner back still

They announced Editors and The National for TW Classic on the 14th of July. Would love to see both bands added to the line up for TRNSMT.  

12 hours ago, Alpha Kenny 1 said:

Has the Arctic Monkeys day for TRNSMT already sold out? Or has just the first batch of tickets been released so far? 

Initial day tickets have sold out. If 5 and 3 day tickets don't sell out there will be more made available. Keep an eye on it and you'll likely get one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They were probably sorted last rather than held back. 

Yeah I think that is the case - they would actually get a good reception from TRNSMT goers based on other acts compared to APE where the two consecutive headliner announcements were Nick Cave then Catfish

On 10/02/2018 at 7:59 AM, tori1607 said:

Anybody see their sponsored post on fb saying 'your 4 headliners are here' seems weird as there should he 5. I'm probably just reading to much into it though. 

I’ve seen it too, I even had to check that Friday 6th was still on their website because I wouldn’t put it past DF to just quietly shelf it if they couldn’t find a headliner.

I think we’ll get an announcement this week because it’s got to be impacting the other ticket sales (people holding off buying until they know the Friday in case it’s more to their tastes).

It's just the same as most other gigs/festivals, random searches.

However, having had to deal with the aftermath of smoke bombs, flares, fireworks and the like i'd just ask you to think about it before you go full-on "tw@t-mode" and use things like this.  It's not fun dealing with the burns or asthma attacks they can and do cause.

Also getting caught with 'em will get you ejected, in a rather unpleasant manner, or worse arrested under a public disorder charge.

Just my $0.02 worth, they look great but are not worth the risk or trouble they cause (really they aint, dealing with someone who's hand was stuck to a flare with the skin melting around it is not nice).

ta, D

• Like 4
  • Upvote 8

39 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

After seeing the R&L line up, anybody think Kings of Leon might play? Not that I want them to, but the thought is crossing my mind now.

They don't seem to be touring again until August. I think they will most likely play The Summer Sessions instead.

I'd say Muse are a possibility, especially since they haven't been announced for any other UK festival. And they haven't announced a single thing for after June 23rd, so they're wide open. But as much as I'd love that to be the case, for some reason I have my doubts that TRNSMT would be able to bag them as a UK exclusive (although, I don't see any other British festival bagging them, so fingers crossed!)

Apart from them & Florence + The Machine, I'm at a loss over who else could be announced for the Friday, unless it's a mid-level band. But I'm hoping for a big name as it's the last announcement we're waiting on.

Edited by Claire96

Muse were asked at the NME Awards tonight if they were going to be at any UK festivals this year and they said they're gonna be on a big tour next year, so it's pretty much a no for them. Which is a shame, and also leads me back to scratching my head over the last headliner.