TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

8 hours ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

I reckon AM will sell out today

I don't, they never even sold out the pre sale. Plus they'll be holding back day tickets as the 3 and 5 day festival tickets will have priority for a long while yet. If they can't shift those, they'll convert them to more day tickets. No one is going to buy the 5 day ones yet surely.

6 minutes ago, devilman said:

I don't, they never even sold out the pre sale. Plus they'll be holding back day tickets as the 3 and 5 day festival tickets will have priority for a long while yet. If they can't shift those, they'll convert them to more day tickets. No one is going to buy the 5 day ones yet surely.

They did actually sell out the presale yesterday afternoon

See Tickets have sold out of Arctic Monkeys day tickets and Liam Gallagher + Arctic Monkeys combo tickets although its hard to tell how many tickets that is (the same thing happened with the Kasabian day last year and it didn't sell out until closer the time from what I recall), you might not want to wait around getting a ticket just in case. 

Edited by addicted2noise

8 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

See Tickets have sold out of Arctic Monkeys day tickets and Liam Gallagher + Arctic Monkeys combo tickets although its hard to tell how many tickets that is (the same thing happened with the Kasabian day last year and it didn't sell out until closer the time from what I recall), you might not want to wait around getting a ticket just in case. 

See tickets will only be allocated a certain amount. I've found a few times see tickets says sold out yet they are available on other websites.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

Yeah it was more an indication of how well they're selling than anything, I'd suppose their allocation must be quite low.  

Tickets unavailable on Frontgate as well for the second time. Maybe more be put on but looks like it is a sell out...

A few folks saying that the last headliner must be a bad one if still not announced, however it could be going the other way.

It could be someone they know will sell well. So they announce it last knowing that people will buy a ticket for it even though they've already bought a ticket for other days. 

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

A few folks saying that the last headliner must be a bad one if still not announced, however it could be going the other way.

It could be someone they know will sell well. So they announce it last knowing that people will buy a ticket for it even though they've already bought a ticket for other days. 

I'd say that either they're having difficulty booking a suitable act, or - more likely, I think - the act they've booked has an embargo on when it can be announced (much as the Arctics did).

I dunno if I'm mistaken, but it feels like more is being held back until a later time this year by agents, for whatever reasons and I reckon that's in the mix.

I'm expecting another big rush of announcements on Monday, so perhaps (I've no idea) the TRNSMT one will come with those.

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'd say that either they're having difficulty booking a suitable act, or - more likely, I think - the act they've booked has an embargo on when it can be announced (much as the Arctics did).

I dunno if I'm mistaken, but it feels like more is being held back until a later time this year by agents, for whatever reasons and I reckon that's in the mix.

I'm expecting another big rush of announcements on Monday, so perhaps (I've no idea) the TRNSMT one will come with those.

A lot of the bills around TRNSMT were completed by Arctic Monkeys though. Plus that was accompanied by months of rumouring whereas we’re struggling to think of a name here.

The only act I can think of that is due a big announcement is the Stones and obviously they’re near impossible under the weekend pricing structure.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

A lot of the bills around TRNSMT were completed by Arctic Monkeys though. Plus that was accompanied by months of rumouring whereas we’re struggling to think of a name here.

The only act I can think of that is due a big announcement is the Stones and obviously they’re near impossible under the weekend pricing structure.

Rock Werchter still has a headliner to announce the same weekend though. Benicassim 2 weeks after has a spot open. I think Muse (though they did play Beni 2016) given they have Germany and Portugal already booked in make sense for those, don’t know the reason for a delay maybe something to announce or waiting to announce stadium shows they’ve since planned.

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Is that because one big band are releasing a load of dates like AM did or just coincidence?

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not sure if there's an act behind the Monday announcements I'm expecting, but I suspect that there might be .... tho I'm thinking more mid-range than huge acts for those, if there is a link.

Interesting will have to check for the links when they come, thanks!

2 hours ago, DHG123 said:

Rock Werchter still has a headliner to announce the same weekend though. Benicassim 2 weeks after has a spot open. I think Muse (though they did play Beni 2016) given they have Germany and Portugal already booked in make sense for those, don’t know the reason for a delay maybe something to announce or waiting to announce stadium shows they’ve since planned.

I think Muse's shows this year are just to pick up some paychecks in the off-season. If there was to be an album they'd be doing a much bigger tour than this, and I don't really see stadiums in their future either. I can't really see what would cause the delay when they've already announced other festivals but yeah they're still a possibility - perhaps the most reasonable one we've got for TRNSMT.

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Muse's shows this year are just to pick up some paychecks in the off-season. If there was to be an album they'd be doing a much bigger tour than this, and I don't really see stadiums in their future either. I can't really see what would cause the delay when they've already announced other festivals but yeah they're still a possibility - perhaps the most reasonable one we've got for TRNSMT.

Yeah true yeah it definitely comes across that way, lots of US shows too so maybe that’s the focus this year. I just realised the last RW headliner is also the Friday so actually doesn’t help really.

21 minutes ago, IsaacMuse said:

Muse will most likely do a show in the UK, they played a few shows last year but none in Scotland.

i have a strong feeling they’ll play it, and they would surely be a better headliner than someone like Florence and the Machine

I dunno, Florence and the Machine smashed it when they subbed in for Foo Fighters at Glastonbury.

Purely speculation, but I feel like the final headliner might be a Scottish act.

Feel like Travis wouldn't have a big enough pull even if they're doing The Man Who in full. Paolo Nutini could be a decent possibility as previously suggested. Think it'd be pretty feasible them booking him as a headliner, with Travis supporting playing The Man Who.