TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

31 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

If anyone's got a spare few hours, they're announcing the King Tuts stage live as they paint the sign

https://www.facebook.com/TRNSMTfest/videos/590990774574653/?notif_id=1517319890107696&notif_t=live_video

Liam Gallagher already posted the King Tuts Stage line up yesterday in his facebook event.... so it'll come as no surprise by the time hes finished painting lol

2 minutes ago, Lucius Cashmere said:

Liam Gallagher already posted the King Tuts Stage line up yesterday in his facebook event.... so it'll come as no surprise by the time hes finished painting lol

Aye but that was only some bits for the 1st Fri/Sat/Sun - looks like they're doing it all for both weekends here

Friday 30th
Tom Walker / Pale Waves / Marmozets / Anteros / Sam Fender / Ninth Wave

Saturday 31st
The Sherlocks / IAMDDB / Kyle Falconer / The Snuts / Bas

Sunday 1st
Sigrid / King No-One / Dermot Kennedy / Confidence Man / The Magic Gang / Island

Friday 6th
TBA

Sunday 8th
Nina Nesbitt / Walking on Cars / Jane Weaver / Gang of Youths / Juanita Stein

6 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Fingers crossed for Muse, would defo get a ticket for that day if that's the case. 

Imagine Dragons will have had a pretty much sold out date at The Hydro by then, so would they be much a draw for the festival?

Perhaps in a “special guest” capacity, but I doubt they could sell it out off their own backs. Would need a really strong undercard.

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Fingers crossed for Muse, would defo get a ticket for that day if that's the case. 

Imagine Dragons will have had a pretty much sold out date at The Hydro by then, so would they be much a draw for the festival?

Could ask the same for Stereophonics, who have a sold out date at the Hydro on the way only a couple of weeks before that.

7 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Could ask the same for Stereophonics, who have a sold out date at the Hydro on the way only a couple of weeks before that.

Stereophonics headlined Glastonbury and Reading and all that back in the day and are still a household name. That’s much less questionable imo.

I was initially in the mind of thinking this last headliner would be one they’d planned from the start bc it’s the initial weekend but the more they drag their feet, the more it seems like they’re fumbling round for someone. Wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out to be Catfish and the Bottlemen.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Stereophonics headlined Glastonbury and Reading and all that back in the day and are still a household name. That’s much less questionable imo.

I was initially in the mind of thinking this last headliner would be one they’d planned from the start bc it’s the initial weekend but the more they drag their feet, the more it seems like they’re fumbling round for someone. Wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out to be Catfish and the Bottlemen.

Yeah I'm thinking the same. I guess Arctic Monkeys will have been booked from the start and I wouldn't be surprised if Liam Gallagher and Stereophonics were originally meant to be on the same day and they've just split them rather than book a new headliner. Not sure if it'll be someone as small as Catfish though, if they're going with someone like that then Courteeners would have been a better shout. 

19 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Nah surely Phonics would originally have been a sub?

??? / The Script / Wolf Alice
Arctic Monkeys / Liam Gallagher / The Courteeners
The Killers / Stereophonics / Chvrches

Would be my guess of how the original weekend was meant to shape up

I doubt the Arctic monkeys were initially booked - I reckon DF were made aware of their availability on that weekend and then asked for a license for that weekend as a resolution to the 7th of July problem.

Depeche Mode are in Poland day before and France day after and don't play 3 nights in a row, so you can rule them out.  With the recycled TITP artists being used to fill the days, there's absolutely no chance DF Geoff would book Depeche Mode.  Far more likely to be Snore Patrol or the like