TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

something someone told me. Can't go into details, sorry.

I can't guarantee it's right, but I think it probably is.

I trust you. Booked refundable accommodation just in case, only problem is QOTSA day before, Manchester to London, to Glasgow and back to Manchester but it's worth it. 

What's your information on TRNSMT, have you been what's the crowds like, easy to get around? 

Could day tickets for AM sell out as soon as released or does it usually take time? @eFestivals

15 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I trust you. Booked refundable accommodation just in case, only problem is QOTSA day before, Manchester to London, to Glasgow and back to Manchester but it's worth it. 

What's your information on TRNSMT, have you been what's the crowds like, easy to get around? 

Could day tickets for AM sell out as soon as released or does it usually take time? @eFestivals

Don't think any day sold out last year and I'd doubt any day with AM headlining would sell out quickly, if at all.  The venue is just outside city centre so it's a dawdle to walk to.  It's not very big inside so walking around is easy.  Can be a difficult stage to get a decent view and personally I thought the sound quality was pretty poor.  It was a decent enough day out but I wouldn't rush back 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Don't think any day sold out last year and I'd doubt any day with AM headlining would sell out quickly, if at all.  The venue is just outside city centre so it's a dawdle to walk to.  It's not very big inside so walking around is easy.  Can be a difficult stage to get a decent view and personally I thought the sound quality was pretty poor.  It was a decent enough day out but I wouldn't rush back 

Thank you my friend I appreciate it, my first year going if they do.. So you think even the AM day will not sell in the first hours? My hotel is near and so is the station so I should be fine.

12 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Thank you my friend I appreciate it, my first year going if they do.. So you think even the AM day will not sell in the first hours? My hotel is near and so is the station so I should be fine.

I might be underestimating the draw of AM, but it was Radiohead, Kasabian and Biffy who headlined last year and tickets were available on the day.  Saturday ones might have sold out on the week of the event.  If your hotel is near one of the two main stations you're probably looking at a 15 minute walk to Glasgow Green. I only went on the Friday for Radiohead but others who also went on the Saturday said it was a helluva lot busier the second day and the queues for beer and food were huge.  I thought it was a decent enough day out but as per previous message, the sound was a bit ropey.

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

I might be underestimating the draw of AM, but it was Radiohead, Kasabian and Biffy who headlined last year and tickets were available on the day.  Saturday ones might have sold out on the week of the event.  If your hotel is near one of the two main stations you're probably looking at a 15 minute walk to Glasgow Green. I only went on the Friday for Radiohead but others who also went on the Saturday said it was a helluva lot busier the second day and the queues for beer and food were huge.  I thought it was a decent enough day out but as per previous message, the sound was a bit ropey.

I think you'e hugely underestimating the draw of AM in the UK. I'd bet my house on their day selling out, and relatively quickly also. They're a much bigger draw than the 3 bands you listed there, and it's looking likely to be their first UK show in almost 4 years.

17 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Is there any info on when the gates  will open yet? When did they open last year?

Just wondering because thinking of flying from London to Glasgow but want to make sure I don't get there too late

Gates opened around 11am I think. Bands started back of unchtime. Usual festival timings with headline bands on around 9pm to 930pm. 

27 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

I think you'e hugely underestimating the draw of AM in the UK. I'd bet my house on their day selling out, and relatively quickly also. They're a much bigger draw than the 3 bands you listed there, and it's looking likely to be their first UK show in almost 4 years.

You could be right. Think capacity is around 50,000. Not convinced AM are that popular but suppose we’ll see when they get announced 

33 minutes ago, Red Day said:

You could be right. Think capacity is around 50,000. Not convinced AM are that popular but suppose we’ll see when they get announced 

They sold out two nights at 50,000 capacity Finsbury Park a few years ago within a couple of hours. Granted that’s in London but it was also right in the middle of their tour rather than the first bite of the cherry and they’re arguably more popular now than back then. I’d be surprised if they are still on sale after an hour in all honesty.

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Also whats your Headline and Sub for each remaining day?

Snow Patrol and Bastille seems like a goer.

Arctic Monkeys is tricky cos they have famous mates around like QOTSA and Jack White who'd be stronger than necessary, Tame Impala have recently supported them but they don't seem to have anything else in Europe until Mad Cool. I'll go for Alt-J cos they're sufficient but unremarkable.

35 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm seeing QOTSA too. How are you thinking of getting from London to Glasgow?

No trains at a good time, flights are probably too expensive for me, and I'm thinking of getting an overnight coach but I bet that'll be horrendous...

Theres a train at 8:45 getting there around two-ish won't miss too much I suppose as good bands start around three. That or the night coach, where is there night coaches?

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Theres a train at 8:45 getting there around two-ish won't miss too much I suppose as good bands start around three. That or the night coach, where is there night coaches?

The night coach starts at 10:30 from Victoria Station, doubt we can get from Finsbury to there without missing a bit of QOTSA... @Gilgamesh69

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm seeing QOTSA too. How are you thinking of getting from London to Glasgow?

No trains at a good time, flights are probably too expensive for me, and I'm thinking of getting an overnight coach but I bet that'll be horrendous...

How much is the Caledonian Sleeper? That could be a good compromise. The train is usually 11:55pm ish so might make it from Finsbury to Euston.

Edited by Dom Wall

Should be fine to get the train on the Friday and Saturday. There's the Happy Bus as well that's running from Greenock, but if there isn't enough demand, that'd get cancelled. I'll be booking a hotel for the Sunday nights I imagine.

EDIT: If I go of course.

Edited by DomDom1984

4 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Whats the travel like from Glasgow Center back to Greenock way after the festival?

Depends what night you’re going really. Glasgow Central is only 20-25 minutes walk from the site but it’s very busy walking back that way after it. You’d be fine making the last train on the Saturday but could be quite tight on Friday/Sunday if they still have it on as late on Friday. 

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Depends what night you’re going really. Glasgow Central is only 20-25 minutes walk from the site but it’s very busy walking back that way after it. You’d be fine making the last train on the Saturday but could be quite tight on Friday/Sunday if they still have it on as late on Friday. 

Forgot about that late Friday curfew there. :lol:

Aye, I'd say the Saturday is the only night you're safe if the Happy Bus is off.