TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

16 hours ago, Neontiger90 said:

Would Snow Patrol definitely headline? I wouldn't mind seeing them but again like Stereophonics, im not sure how well they would go down as main headliners. 

Not sure. Like stereophonics, they probably should be subbing, but you could juuuuuuuust about get away with having them as a headliner.

It'll probably not happen, but I'd love a Gorillaz and friends day, really enjoyed the Hydro gig, doubtful I know. If I were booking the rest of the weekend going by what's on at the time, and trying to be somewhat sensible...

Sunday 30th - Gorillaz / Chvrches (will be promoted big on return, IMO) / Vince Staples / The Vaccines / De La Soul / Little Simz

Friday - QOTSA / Royal Blood / Iggy Pop / Run The Jewels / The Hives / more tbc

Sunday - The Killers or Arctic Monkeys / Lorde (she's popping up in alot of places) Franz Ferdinand / HAIM / more tbc

Totally expecting to have that all taken away when Snow Patrol, The Prodigy and the likes off get announced saying all that

19 hours ago, Chiefski said:

It'll probably not happen, but I'd love a Gorillaz and friends day, really enjoyed the Hydro gig, doubtful I know. If I were booking the rest of the weekend going by what's on at the time, and trying to be somewhat sensible...

Sunday 30th - Gorillaz / Chvrches (will be promoted big on return, IMO) / Vince Staples / The Vaccines / De La Soul / Little Simz

Friday - QOTSA / Royal Blood / Iggy Pop / Run The Jewels / The Hives / more tbc

Sunday - The Killers or Arctic Monkeys / Lorde (she's popping up in alot of places) Franz Ferdinand / HAIM / more tbc

Totally expecting to have that all taken away when Snow Patrol, The Prodigy and the likes off get announced saying all that

Gorrllaz de la soul and iggy pop...yes please.

5 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

The Killers have been announced for IOW and two of their own stadium gigs (Swansea and Bolton of all places).

If they are playing trnsmt, why on earth have they not been announced yet?!

Well, TRNSMT is ran by Live Nation, who also run Download, IOW, R+L, Community etc. I guess they don't want all the announcements to clash with each other, so are spreading them out more. Think Killers are nailed on for the second weekend at this point though looking at the Bolton gig

1 hour ago, chickenfire said:

The Killers have been announced for IOW and two of their own stadium gigs (Swansea and Bolton of all places).

If they are playing trnsmt, why on earth have they not been announced yet?!

Think it's just a case of finding medium sized stadiums that are available then - plus they never had a Welsh date on their recent tour.  I'm guessing that TRNSMT and an outdoor gig in Belfast/Dublin will be announced too.

I wonder how much notice DF were given about having the earlier weekend as the main festival... I know Geoff Ellis and other festival organisers have said in the past that the headliners are normally at least pencilled in a year advance. Makes me wonder if they were maybe struggling to fill that weekend at short notice, as I think I had initially predicted Liam and Stereophonics to jointly headline a day (or maybe I'm being too kind :lol:). 

23 minutes ago, mazza7 said:

I wonder how much notice DF were given about having the earlier weekend as the main festival... I know Geoff Ellis and other festival organisers have said in the past that the headliners are normally at least pencilled in a year advance. Makes me wonder if they were maybe struggling to fill that weekend at short notice, as I think I had initially predicted Liam and Stereophonics to jointly headline a day (or maybe I'm being too kind :lol:). 

Yeah I think that's what's happened as well. They announced the initial dates about four weeks before announcing Liam Gallagher for the weekend before those dates (obviously with the date change in the middle of those two stories) so it's hard to believe Gallagher or Stereophonics were pencilled in even a month before.

Edited by dentalplan

37 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Wait is that Derby's The Struts? 

It is! I just had a quick look they seem to be doing quite well in the US. I'm sure it was only around a year ago they played The Venue in Derby, which couldn't be more than 500ish capacity.