TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

Just now, Alan_C said:

Really? It comes across to me more like a day gig in a field, than a normal festival. They don't even have to play the same weekend. and surely it's gonna be a bit of a problem next summer if Noel refuses to be on the same bill as Liam. 

I'm guessing, but I just can't see it.

There's enough events to go around for them to avoid each other.

Pre-sale tomorrow isn't it? Surely they have to announce the headliners. It's not as if its a proper festival, where people are camping, and it's not an established one either. Can't see anyone buying a ticket for Friday and the Sunday of the second weekend, without knowing who is headlining.

14 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Noel Gallagher could easily do the second weekend. Not sure why that'd be a problem.

I reckon one or other - or both - would see it as a competition, where it's easy for one to claim they've out-sold the other.

As i say, i'm guessing ... but I just can't see them getting into that, especially when there's no need for them to get into that. There's enough places out there that they don't need to be on the same bill.

I can't envisage Stereophonics going down too well as headliners? Last time I saw them was at T in the Park in 2013 (I think), where they subbed the killers and they nearly put the crowd to sleep. Had no energy and looked bored the minute the walked on stage. Maybe caught them on a bad day as I do like a lot of their songs, but I'd be amazed if that day sells well.

15 minutes ago, Neontiger90 said:

I can't envisage Stereophonics going down too well as headliners? Last time I saw them was at T in the Park in 2013 (I think), where they subbed the killers and they nearly put the crowd to sleep. Had no energy and looked bored the minute the walked on stage. Maybe caught them on a bad day as I do like a lot of their songs, but I'd be amazed if that day sells well.

Spot on. Was at that and you have summed them up perfectly.

They were better at KC last year but can’t see how their day will sell well at all.

Was surprised Radiohead didn’t sell out the Friday last year. Crowd looked much bigger on the Saturday and Sunday. This will be worse.

19 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

They were better at KC last year but can’t see how their day will sell well at all.

That's what has confused me; they headlined KC this year, so with that logic we could see Franz Ferdinand or MSP headlining TRNSMT. That surely won't happen, right? Right?!

Ramblin Man Fair is the same weekend as the first TRNSMT weekend and they haven't announced any headliners yet after delaying the announcement 3 weeks ago due to "exciting developments". Somebody is playing both or playing the organisers off against each other I reckon. LG and Stereos points at least one very expensive headliner to be announced though. I hope it's the 2nd weekend as I'll be at RMF the 1st. I enjoyed Radiohead day last year.

13 hours ago, devilman said:

Ramblin Man Fair is the same weekend as the first TRNSMT weekend and they haven't announced any headliners yet after delaying the announcement 3 weeks ago due to "exciting developments". Somebody is playing both or playing the organisers off against each other I reckon. 

These two festivals exist in completely different worlds and are better for it so I can guarantee you that won’t be the case.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I mean, if there's overlap then it's very worrying for one festival or the other. :P

Well I've seen Airbourne at both T and RMF fair within 5 years of each other. If TRNSMT was seriously going away from the direction T was going in then it's possible. Just playing devil's advocate though, I would hope you're right. Unless Foos are gonna do someone a favour. 

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:42 PM, finn_with_1_n said:

That's what has confused me; they headlined KC this year, so with that logic we could see Franz Ferdinand or MSP headlining TRNSMT. That surely won't happen, right? Right?!

Manics are playing the Hydro on 25 April, so you can rest assured on that one.