TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

4 hours ago, richardk23 said:

Foo fighters playing in Plilidelphia on 7th July... surely puts them out of the running for this.

If foos don't play and AM probably won't release an album by then who is likely to be the big headliner of Trnsmt? I think the killers are a sure fire Saturday headliner but don't think they are a massive band that could sell the whole weekend ticket

34 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Does anyone think Guns N Roses might actually be likely for this if they can't get another bigger headliner for it?

Don't know if they'll tour Europe again next summer but it's a possibility since they didn't play in Scotland last year but it would be a big risk

3 hours ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

If foos don't play and AM probably won't release an album by then who is likely to be the big headliner of Trnsmt? I think the killers are a sure fire Saturday headliner but don't think they are a massive band that could sell the whole weekend ticket

If the Killers were to headline a day it would sell out very quickly. But I doubt they'll still be touring by next summer, I think they're trying to cut down on the amount of live shows they have as they all have other commitments.

34 minutes ago, mazza7 said:

If the Killers were to headline a day it would sell out very quickly. But I doubt they'll still be touring by next summer, I think they're trying to cut down on the amount of live shows they have as they all have other commitments.

They were barely toruing this summer tho, will defo be at fests next year

18 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Does anyone think Guns N Roses might actually be likely for this if they can't get another bigger headliner for it?

I can't see it but would love for it to happen. They'll be at Download. They fucking better be or I'll have lost a big gamble :)

21 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Summer Sessions in August along with R&L probably most likely.

Bang on the money I reckon.

22 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Possibly, I'm sure DF Concerts did their Usher Hall gigs but I feel like they'd go down pretty badly unless they had a very suitable headliner. 

Yeah I don't think they'd be a massive hit but if they done what they did this year with a total leftfield line up on the Friday it'd work but they'd definitely not fit as a Saturday or Sunday sub if they followed the same format as this year

51 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Would The National take a third down spot?

Wouldn't say it's impossible but it must be lower than they've done in Europe for a long while. Considering the acts they had third down this year, I think they could find more suitable (and likely cheaper) options quite easily. The likes of Wolf Alice or The Vaccines won't be fussy about the positioning and will do well with the crowd for whatever the headliner would be.

Arcade Fire / The National / Wolf Alice

The Killers / Stereophonics / Chvrches

Arctic Monkeys / Liam Gallagher / The Vaccines

Would be a reasonable top 3 on each day in my eyes. Throw in some Franz Ferdinand, Idlewild, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Wiley, Haim, Phoenix, Jack Garratt, We Were Promised Jetpacks, The Xcerts, Honeyblood, Black Foxxes and Neck Deep and it'd be well worth a weekend ticket again.

4 hours ago, harryomatic said:

Arcade Fire / The National / Wolf Alice

The Killers / Stereophonics / Chvrches

Arctic Monkeys / Liam Gallagher / The Vaccines

Would be a reasonable top 3 on each day in my eyes. Throw in some Franz Ferdinand, Idlewild, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Wiley, Haim, Phoenix, Jack Garratt, We Were Promised Jetpacks, The Xcerts, Honeyblood, Black Foxxes and Neck Deep and it'd be well worth a weekend ticket again.

Seems pretty solid and Franz Ferdinand definitely seem a good shout.

I'm not convinced either way as to Arctic Monkeys' touring plans and it looks doubtful that Arcade Fire will be around next summer with their arena shows being so late, but it looks about the right sort of thing. Liam Gallagher might actually be a shout for a headliner for me, perhaps with a strong 'special guest' like Stereophonics or Snow Patrol like what happened with The 1975 - it could be his brother instead of him but I reckon one of them will.

Anyway, this is what I have jotted down:

Queens of the Stone Age, The Prodigy, Wolf Alice
The Killers, Bastille, Courteeners
Liam Gallagher, Stereophonics, The Vaccines

33 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Gorillaz are playing Open'er in Poland on Friday 6th July. Could be a shout for Sunday maybe?

Yup, definitely possible I reckon.

44 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Gorillaz are playing Open'er in Poland on Friday 6th July. Could be a shout for Sunday maybe?

Ooooh yes please

Feel like this may be a bit too optimistic for the undercard (tho I wouldn't mind dropping Bastille for someone like CHVRCHES). I feel like it's probably too early for Arctics (considering they don't know when they're gonna drop their album atm) and Foos defo aren't playing. Maybe could swap Florence for someone else if she hasn't sorted an album by then? (Dunno where Muse are gonna slot into fests next year so maybe them? Maybe Paramore I guess?)

Florence + The Machine // Bastille // Wolf Alice // Jungle

The Killers // Tame Impala // The Wombats // Nothing But Thieves

Gorillaz // Special Guest: Liam Gallagher // Enter Shikari // Neck Deep

Maybe swap Shikari for Haim as I think they'd play but I dunno where atm (and enter shikari may be a bit heavy for this). Jack Garrat also seems pretty likely as harryomatic said. Would love a bit of Franz too.

5 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

From the 20 second video teaser, I got Arctic Monkeys

Yeah that squiggle it does looks pretty AM. Didnt use that effect in any of the teasers last year either.

For those who didnt see it:

image.png.2425fc81bb24f8cc0c5c161fb18a298b.png

ofc it may be nothing but they do like to do weird teasers like this. Can't see anything else in the video that would hint to anyone else

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Ooooh yes please

Feel like this may be a bit too optimistic for the undercard (tho I wouldn't mind dropping Bastille for someone like CHVRCHES). I feel like it's probably too early for Arctics (considering they don't know when they're gonna drop their album atm) and Foos defo aren't playing. Maybe could swap Florence for someone else if she hasn't sorted an album by then? (Dunno where Muse are gonna slot into fests next year so maybe them? Maybe Paramore I guess?)

Florence + The Machine // Bastille // Wolf Alice // Jungle

The Killers // Tame Impala // The Wombats // Nothing But Thieves

Gorillaz // Special Guest: Liam Gallagher // Enter Shikari // Neck Deep

Maybe swap Shikari for Haim as I think they'd play but I dunno where atm (and enter shikari may be a bit heavy for this). Jack Garrat also seems pretty likely as harryomatic said. Would love a bit of Franz too.

Made a poster for this cause I was bored.

TRNSMT.png