TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

On 15/07/2017 at 6:40 AM, DomDom1984 said:

EDIT: Stereophonics are an absolute stick on as a sub for this btw.

Agreed.

Think James are also pretty likely.

Arcade Fire would be ideal for the Friday. Saw the pixies support them in Dublin. Let's have that again please :-)

19 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

I'd guess Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys and The Killers. Would love Arcade Fire or The Strokes but not sure If they're popular enough. 

If anything it's likely to be tempered by someone around the stature of the last two. Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys and The Killers are the top level of bands they could book, way above any of this years. I don't think they'll manage more than one.

15 hours ago, dentalplan said:

If anything it's likely to be tempered by someone around the stature of the last two. Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys and The Killers are the top level of bands they could book, way above any of this years. I don't think they'll manage more than one.

Yeah they are, maybe the last of Glastonbury will help. Would love Kendrick Lamar and QOTSA too but they're probably more likely to Reading and Leeds

Plenty of acts big acts who headlined a variety of festivals in Europe this year who could still be around touring next year. Would think a few from Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon, The Killers, Arcade Fire could be possible. 

Ideally Foo Fighters headlining with Queens of the Stone Age and Royal Blood subbing would do me nicely! 

6 hours ago, harryomatic said:

Love how DF always include Daft Punk as if they could get them if they reformed.

I don't see why they couldn't. I'm not expecting it at any given point but if they started playing live again they'd make their money off doing big slots at festivals, and TRNSMT or GSS would be fine for their Scottish date. No RockNess to beat DF to the punch this time either. :P

8 hours ago, harryomatic said:

Love how DF always include Daft Punk as if they could get them if they reformed.

My number one option every year they send out the survey. I was fortunate to see them at Rockness when they played but would love to see them again. 

On a side note is that not just the standard list of bands DF roll out every year? Even if the band has headlined the year past they are still listed as an option. 

On 7/25/2017 at 5:10 PM, dentalplan said:

I don't see why they couldn't. I'm not expecting it at any given point but if they started playing live again they'd make their money off doing big slots at festivals, and TRNSMT or GSS would be fine for their Scottish date. No RockNess to beat DF to the punch this time either. :P

I dunno, I just feel like Daft Punk would do their own massive shows, maybe do a couple of festivals like Coachella and Glasto. I don't see TRNSMT as something they'd be hooked on. Maybe a GSS show would suit - their big own show.

I feel like for TITP, plenty people put Daft Punk as someone they'd like to see booked (understandably) and DF saw that and thought "we can't get them but we'll book lots of dance instead", but in reality there's a big difference between booking Daft Punk and booking David Guetta, Disclosure, Disciples and Annie Mac.

• 2 months later...