TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

The killers / Foos / Arctic Monkeys / Green Day  

I reckon we will get at least 2 out of that lot. 

Could see Royal Blood subbing. 

I'd really like to see the introduction of a stage similar to the NME Stage at T in terms of capacity and size of acts. The king tuts stage was just too small and think they could do with a bigger alternative stage. 

On 10/07/2017 at 11:21 PM, kingcrawler said:

I was thinking something like this for the main stage next year

FRI: Arcade Fire, Chvrches, Haim, Jack Garratt, The Twilight Sad, The Horrors, Fatherson
SAT: Arctic Monkeys, Wolf Alice, Dizzee Rascal, Christine & the Queens, Jungle, Milburn, The Sherlocks
SUN: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, The Vaccines, Kodaline, Maggie Rogers, Nothing But Thieves, Peace

I made this prediction in the old thread, would maybe go with Florence instead of Arcade Fire and I'd add James Bay and his hat in now that they appear to be a thing again. 

I agree with others that a bigger second stage is needed, doesn't need to be that big but a King Tut's sized tent with some more established acts would be ideal. I feel like it'll sell better next year though given the decent publicity from this year and that there seems to be more big acts touring next summer.

Here's another one:

FRI: Florence and the Machine, Tame Impala, Wolf Alice, Frightened Rabbit, Peace, Inheaven

SAT: The Killers, Chvrches, alt-J, Metronomy, The Amazons, Temples, Fickle Friends

SUN: Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Primal Scream, The Vaccines, The Wombats, The Cribs, Alvvays, Vant

Foo Fighters & Arctic Monkeys doing their own shows at Hampden or Murrayfield or something. Royal Blood exclusive to R+L.

4 hours ago, Labrador said:

Muse:  Friday

Green day:  Saturday

Killers: Sunday (or maybe The Stone Roses).

Supports will include Royal Blood, Imagine Dragons, Passenger

Agreed,  I feel that Green Day need to play Glasgow after they cancelled, possibly the Arctic Monkeys to headline as well

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Here's another one:

FRI: Florence and the Machine, Tame Impala, Wolf Alice, Frightened Rabbit, Peace, Inheaven

SAT: The Killers, Chvrches, alt-J, Metronomy, The Amazons, Temples, Fickle Friends

SUN: Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Primal Scream, The Vaccines, The Wombats, The Cribs, Alvvays, Vant

Foo Fighters & Arctic Monkeys doing their own shows at Hampden or Murrayfield or something. Royal Blood exclusive to R+L.

I reckon they'll have a few acts who aren't broadly indie rock, this year Rag 'N' Bone Man, Stormzy, George Ezra, London Grammar etc all seemed to do alright. I hadn't thought about Tame Impala though, them into Florence sounds great to me.

11 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I reckon they'll have a few acts who aren't broadly indie rock, this year Rag 'N' Bone Man, Stormzy, George Ezra, London Grammar etc all seemed to do alright. I hadn't thought about Tame Impala though, them into Florence sounds great to me.

True. I guess the likes of Maggie Rogers and J Hus will be big enough for a main stage slot and, as you've pointed out, Christine and the Queens and James Bay probably in line for some representation. Also Jake Bugg if he takes up the rapping thing full time.

Now you've mentioned them, I think Rag 'n' Bonestorm and London Grammar as part of Radiohead's undercard seemed wildly out of place so I hope they just go straight down the line of B&S type supports if they have more of a niche booking like theirs again. I tried to fit Mogwai on the line up but couldn't imagine them agreeing to play for any of those headliners.

Friday - Arcade Fire - Chvrches - Lorde

Saturday - The Killers - Liam Gallagher - James Bay

Sunday - Pink - Imagine Dragons - Rag n Bone Man

I really hope Arcade Fire are announced but I think they'll need a strong undercard. The combination of Chvrches' home crowd and Lorde's tour selling out in seconds (in part to it taking in smaller venues) would provide that.

I think The Killers are a shoe in to be announced to be honest. It just depends on what day.

Pink might be a bit of an out there choice but I think the festival will want a decent amount of female acts next year given the negative PR they received this year. Given Beyonce has already announced Coachella for next year, it wouldn't surprise me to see her headlining if she ends up doing more (but I think Coachella is likely to be a one-off).

1 hour ago, Stuart1000 said:

Friday - Arcade Fire - Chvrches - Lorde

Saturday - The Killers - Liam Gallagher - James Bay

Sunday - Pink - Imagine Dragons - Rag n Bone Man

I really hope Arcade Fire are announced but I think they'll need a strong undercard. The combination of Chvrches' home crowd and Lorde's tour selling out in seconds (in part to it taking in smaller venues) would provide that.

I think The Killers are a shoe in to be announced to be honest. It just depends on what day.

Pink might be a bit of an out there choice but I think the festival will want a decent amount of female acts next year given the negative PR they received this year. Given Beyonce has already announced Coachella for next year, it wouldn't surprise me to see her headlining if she ends up doing more (but I think Coachella is likely to be a one-off).

Could see bey doing v one an exclusive

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Can't really see Green Day still playing shows next summer, personally. Never usually the types to still be doing an album tour two years down the line and I don't think the cancellation last week will change that.

you might be right about the band's situation, tho I can see DF going all out to get them, both to say "we brought you the band that those other promoters fucked-up", and to coax Green Day back to the Live Nation stable who they appear to have recently rejected.

My prediction from the old thread

Friday

Main Stage:  Arcade Fire / Courteeners / Haim / Jack Garratt / Wiley / Declan McKenna

King Tuts: Fatherson / Marmozets / Kaleo / Mallory Knox / Draper / Mt Doubt / Allusondrugs

Jack Rocks: Pumarosa / Pronto Mana / Blaenavon / Electric Guest / Rascalton / Declan Welsh & the Decadent West

Saturday

Main Stage: Foo Fighters / Liam Gallagher / Chvrches / Wolf Alice / Christine & the Queens / Nothing But Thieves / The Amazons

King Tuts: Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes / Peace / Colonel Mustard & The Dijon 5 / Frightened Rabbit playing Midnight Organ Fight in full (10 year anniversary) / Puppy / Mickey 9s / Soak / Model Aeroplanes

Jack Rocks: Indigo Velvet / We Were Promised Jetpacks / Black Foxxes / Hunter & the Bear / Nieves / Kwabs / Lowly / The Youth & Young

Sunday

Main Stage: The Killers / Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons / Kaiser Chiefs / Dizzee Rascal / The Horrors / Honeyblood

King Tuts: The Twilight Sad / Lonely The Brave / And So I Watch You From Afar / Prides / The Xcerts / Lawrence Taylor / Foreignfox

Jack Rocks: The Sherlocks / Lewis Capaldi / Sacred Paws / Moose Blood / Holy Esque / Saint Phnx / Huxtable

Pink and Beyonce won't happen. They said no pop or dance acts and this and I think they'll stick to that. Especially with a smaller lineup, they can put together a good enough lineup without going too far from their usuals and the odd left field one.

I agree with efests saying they'll go all out for Green Day.

If they do Green Day, The Killers and Arcade Fire I'd be there with a great big fucking church bell on.

EDIT: Stereophonics are an absolute stick on as a sub for this btw.

Edited by DomDom1984

22 hours ago, eFestivals said:

you might be right about the band's situation, tho I can see DF going all out to get them, both to say "we brought you the band that those other promoters fucked-up", and to coax Green Day back to the Live Nation stable who they appear to have recently rejected.

I guess so but they'd have to put together a package of quite a few festivals to make it worth coming back and possibly extending their tour for. I see the logic in TRNSMT getting one over on rivals and providing a headliner that shifted a load of tickets already but as it stands it'd just be a Glasgow date they were already set to have completed.

10 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Pink and Beyonce won't happen. They said no pop or dance acts and this and I think they'll stick to that. Especially with a smaller lineup, they can put together a good enough lineup without going too far from their usuals and the odd left field one.

I agree with efests saying they'll go all out for Green Day.

If they do Green Day, The Killers and Arcade Fire I'd be there with a great big fucking church bell on.

EDIT: Stereophonics are an absolute stick on as a sub for this btw.

200% especially as the Phonics should have a new album out by then 

FRIDAY:

MAIN STAGE: Muse / Royal Blood / Wolf Alice / Kate Nash / Nothing But Thieves / Paradisia

KING TUT'S STAGE: The Temperance Movement / Honeyblood / The Magic Gang / The Big Moon / Darlia / The Cinematics / Riscas / King Nun

JACK ROCKS TENT: Judas / Hooton Tennis Club / Vida / Rascalton / MIAMIGO / Johnny Lloyd / Pronto Mama

SATURDAY:

MAIN STAGE: Arctic Monkeys / Florence & The Machine / Dizzee Rascal / Twin Atlantic / Slaves / Declan McKenna / The Amazons

KING TUT'S STAGE: Fatherson / High Tyde / Vistas / The Family Rain / Ten Tonnes / The Old Pink House / Fripps & Fripps / 485c

JACK ROCKS TENT: She Drew The Gun / The Snuts / White Room / VITAMIN / Dive In / Shambolics / The Ninth Wave / Serpent Power

SUNDAY:

MAIN STAGE: Arcade Fire / The xx / The Vaccines / Jungle / Maximo Park / Kate Tempest / Superfood

KING TUT'S STAGE: Louis Berry / Fickle Friends / Black Honey / Estrons / Paris Youth Foundation / YVES / The Shimmer Band / Indigo Husk

JACK ROCKS STAGE: Catholic Action / Sundowners / Zibra / The Blinders / Asylums / The Vegan Leather / The Britanys / Lee Southall