Your favourite bar at Glastonbury?

ClovenFin

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

Bring back The Dog Faced Geisha Girl Bar.

A walk in art installation if ever I've walked into one.

Just stunning. Possibly a Banksy?

must have missed that one !!!! - the WBC Claim they are going to Revamp some of the bars but I have been in some they claimed were revamped some years ago and all I could work out was ' the stage that used to be to the left of the bar was now on the right of the bar ' - apart from that it was interesting as it had a drop in stage # although it had not really been thought out because the Bands were getting free drinks # so in the evening the Bands were getting sloshed - I found it highly amusing - sadly that Bar was dropped due to the fact that with so many stages it was getting more difficult to find the bands to play in it.Any clue yet where you will be working ? - my Team is back working in the WBC Crew Bar {1} it will only be feet from my tent {2} I make up all the shifts so I already know we will be working late Tuesday and Sunday evening { the two very busy nights } - we tend to take the tents down on the Sunday as we will be working over night and when we end the shift we will be heading down to the Coach { will organise transport for that as I am not moving my gear down on my own } and we sleep on the way back to London and then back to normal.Lucky my local bus stops right at my doorstep so that is the easy part. 

34 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

...sadly that Bar was dropped due to the fact that with so many stages it was getting more difficult to find the bands to play in it...

Hi GW, if there's a shortage of bands for bars do you know who I should contact to help get bands in for them?

I know two active bands (one covers and one originals) who will be at the festival anyway and could easily bring instruments, as well as a decent crowd of supporters.... (by all means DM me if it's not a public contact no. - I'm not any kind of agent btw!)

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

Can anyone remember the Bourbon Bar? I loved it there, lovely big sofas and eclectic music! :)

Bourbon Street. Not been there since 2011, a great bar, sadly missed. I still follow the Twitter account just in case

https://twitter.com/BourbonStGlasto?s=09

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, billum said:

Hi GW, if there's a shortage of bands for bars do you know who I should contact to help get bands in for them?

I know two active bands (one covers and one originals) who will be at the festival anyway and could easily bring instruments, as well as a decent crowd of supporters.... (by all means DM me if it's not a public contact no. - I'm not any kind of agent btw!)

Sorry they scraped that idea many years ago as it was more hassle than its worth as it took a lot of advance organising.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I saw a good band in there around the time Solange was playing - I got a bit fed up with some silly giggly teenagers in the crowd so drifted away but had a blast in the bar.  No idea who it was playing in there though!

If they were playing a set mostly of Stax and Motown classics that would have been them, as they played there Saturday night. :)

1 hour ago, musky said:

If they were playing a set mostly of Stax and Motown classics that would have been them, as they played there Saturday night. :)

That sounds right - if they're playing again this year, I think I might have to make sure I'm there.  Thanks for that!

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I remember the first year it was there, they had a band on called "Top Shelf Jazz"!

I can't remember if I saw them, I was very, very drunk that night.

They were ace, saw them a couple of times in there. Happy days :)