Your favourite bar at Glastonbury?

ClovenFin

3 hours ago, PorkSoda said:

Where do you tend to buy from I find at the time I always bail on craft because of expense and carrying in is a bit of a ballache. 

Closer to the time we will have a thread going on what and where to buy in terms of craft cans. I may even have to sample a wide variety of these brews, just to be able to inform you.

10 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Although I already knew this.... I have to confess my parade is now somewhat damp!

Anyway, armed with a steely determination, and a steel pint pot, and perhaps a couple of twix's, anything is possible!

The dream goes on.

I only met one person who had a festival wide AAA Pass but there is lots of ' AAA Lite ' - not sure if they are still doing them - anyway I said to the guy ' where have you been with your AAA Pass ? ' and it turned out he just could not be bothered to find out as he did not have a motorised buggy - I know how he feels.

so stick to your quest 

8 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I'm sure its on the left of the main drag down towards Avalon. I pass it frequently and spend a lot of time over Avalon and Cabaret. I'm Irish and genetically unable to give adequate directions. I tend to know where I'm going by accident nor purpose. 

That’s good enough, cheers! I’m sure I walked past it 10 times last year & never realised. Will probably be the same next year & I’ll only realise I never visited when I get back & read about it here again 

Edited by mario man

8 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

I normally go to a really good local off licence in Brighton to stock specifically for Glastonbury. It is pricey(ish) but I have cool bag storage for around 15 cans and they act as nice punctuation points to the more prosaic everyday drinking I do at Glastonbury. The rest of my group will bring the usual wine box and supermarket booze, but I do find a few select good ones work a treat.

Aha! Sussex ?? you might mean Trafalgar wines under the station, which is quite simply one of the best offies on the planet. Lovely owner too, very knowledgeable and helpful. Top man. 

I favour dark canned beers, as others have stated: my preferred tipples: 

magic rock common grounds 

gun brewery imperial whisky stout 

Oskar blues death by coconut 

evil twin even more Jesus 

mikkeller beer geek brunch 

and I dream of getting canned Omnipollo - in particular Noa, but the crazyarse coffeealmondream I had would be hugely high on the list too. Holy shit ???  anything that suits a) the first can of the day as readily as it suits b) headliners on stage in five mins, let’s get sideways 

9 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Aha! Sussex ?? you might mean Trafalgar wines under the station, which is quite simply one of the best offies on the planet. Lovely owner too, very knowledgeable and helpful. Top man. 

I favour dark canned beers, as others have stated: my preferred tipples: 

magic rock common grounds 

gun brewery imperial whisky stout 

Oskar blues death by coconut 

evil twin even more Jesus 

mikkeller beer geek brunch 

and I dream of getting canned Omnipollo - in particular Noa, but the crazyarse coffeealmondream I had would be hugely high on the list too. Holy shit ???  anything that suits a) the first can of the day as readily as it suits b) headliners on stage in five mins, let’s get sideways 

Trafalgar Wines is indeed a very fine beer emporium. I also use the Seven Cellars wine shop which also has a good range of beers in Seven Dials. I shall investigate your recommendations, the first can of the day always has to be special one!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cammie81 said:

Had a bottle of that recently is Lisbon. Was so good I had it again a few days later but found out it had been costing me 14 euros each time. Totally worth it.

Never cheap: always amazing! It was on tap at the Evening Star in Brighton a few months back, the pecan mud cake version - £7 a third I think, but I had three in a row ??? really don’t care how much it costs, amazing things are worth having! 

So they need to can it, and then I’ll bring 5 to Glastonbury next year - one a day 

On 10/24/2018 at 6:03 PM, Ohinever said:

In joke with my crew is if I'm missing I'm in the Organic wine bar. Path opposite greenpeace, on the left for those asking. 

Gentle heads up:

I popped in for a tipple on Sunday last year,the chaps running it were saying they were thinking of calling it a day. 

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Never cheap: always amazing! It was on tap at the Evening Star in Brighton a few months back, the pecan mud cake version - £7 a third I think, but I had three in a row ??? really don’t care how much it costs, amazing things are worth having! 

So they need to can it, and then I’ll bring 5 to Glastonbury next year - one a day 

Yeah totally agree, cans should be the standard for all good beers.

5 hours ago, Titters said:

Gentle heads up:

I popped in for a tipple on Sunday last year,the chaps running it were saying they were thinking of calling it a day. 

I only live a mile or two from them so can always get the plonk, but would be devoed if they weren't at Glastonbury. 

• 4 months later...

I had an access all areas pass at the Reading Festival a while back, and I got absolutely wasted, and spent all day just seeing what was behind all the doors and gates behind the stages. I've never been so excited to be in carparks and crew toilets.

On 10/24/2018 at 6:03 PM, Ohinever said:

In joke with my crew is if I'm missing I'm in the Organic wine bar. Path opposite greenpeace, on the left for those asking. 

Love Avalon. 

Not strictly a bar, but the food/chais at the Lizard stage is my other hang out. 

Hello fellow Organic Wine dweller, are we drinking friends already? I’m morph with the flamingos, crown and assorted fancy dress....

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2017 at 8:16 PM, musky said:

I think you're referring to the 'secret' Rabbit Hole, which was renamed as Funkingham Palace this year.

My favourite might be West Holts bar, not because it's a fabulous bar or anything but that's where Freddie and the Freeloaders regularly play. :)

I saw a good band in there around the time Solange was playing - I got a bit fed up with some silly giggly teenagers in the crowd so drifted away but had a blast in the bar.  No idea who it was playing in there though!

Edited by Beerqueen
Forgot the quote!